Accordance 14 Sneak Peek #7: Accordance CLOUD!

Unless I'm sitting at my desk, I'm using my iPad Pro. If I could do everything on it, I would. It's definitely not the hardware, but rather the software companies that haven't kept up. Not meaning to throw shade at Accordance here. Sadly, it's everywhere. Mellel is another disappointing example. It's my main word processor on my MBP, but it's a bit anemic on the iPad.

6 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Unless I'm sitting at my desk, I'm using my iPad Pro. If I could do everything on it, I would. It's definitely not the hardware, but rather the software companies that haven't kept up. Not meaning to throw shade at Accordance here. Sadly, it's everywhere. Mellel is another disappointing example. It's my main word processor on my MBP, but it's a bit anemic on the iPad.

iPad Pro is criminally under utilized. I just don’t understand it. 

• Like 4

Accordance, I hope you see people are willing to see and use Accordance.  What people are saying is "Accordance Cloud"!  The competitor seems to handle this flawlessly.  Telling us to "read previous posts" is not helpful.  Cloud was in development well over a year ago...with a rollout date over a year ago.  Nathan, we greatly appreciate your interactions here on the forums.  Accordance owner, this is becoming a bit out of hand.  

• Like 2

Concerning the iPad, I don't think many software companies "understand" the power hidden inside such a slim device. As Apple does more with the iPad Pro (FCP and Logic were a good start, Xcode would be a biggie), I hope more software companies will take notice.

Accordance understands the power of the iPad, and mobile is part of our overall strategy, but it takes time to add new features.

Concerning Accordance Cloud, I don't have anything new to report at the moment. Once we have new information to report, we'll update here. Our in-house programming team is working on adding additional functionality needed to get it closer to a customer beta, but I don't have any further specifics to announce at the moment.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Accordance understands the power of the iPad, and mobile is part of our overall strategy, but it takes time to add new features.

I'm glad to hear that Accordance is committed to the iPad, and has a team working on it!

• Like 2

Can you give us an idea of what new features the iOS development team has planned? 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I'm glad to hear that Accordance is committed to the iPad, and has a team working on it!

+1. My iPad isn't the device i use the most, but it's the device I ENJOY using the most. I love the form factor, especially with a keyboard case like the ones from Apple or Logitech. If Accordance for iPad had the same features as Accordance on mac, i would always use the iPad. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Can you give us an idea of what new features the iOS development team has planned? 

I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises, but in the meantime, I have collected all of the mobile feedback from here so we know what features customers want the most on mobile.

7 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises, but in the meantime, I have collected all of the mobile feedback from here so we know what features customers want the most on mobile.

Research, stacks, much greater window flexibility, inc more tabs and full user customisation of tabs (rather than just the sky, mint, newspaper options), better option for library management; diagrams, syntax, word maps 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

Research, stacks, much greater window flexibility, inc more tabs and full user customisation of tabs (rather than just the sky, mint, newspaper options), better option for library management; diagrams, syntax, word maps 

Great feedback. Thanks!

22 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

mobile is part of our overall strategy

Mobile should be Accordance's primary strategy. I've been saying that since the iPad was first released. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, and tabs. 

Did I mention tabs? 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Mobile should be Accordance's primary strategy. I've been saying that since the iPad was first released. 

you and me both

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

This cannot be overstated!!!

• Like 2

I agree as well on the mobile strategy.

And @Mark Allison, I don't think I heard your feature requests for tabs loud enough. :-) (Actually I got it).

• Haha 1

All I use is an Ipad pro at this time, and have been for several years. Two things keep me from recommending Accordance wholeheartedly to anyone at this time. 1. Lack of updating resources, way behind logos and other competitors. 2. Way behind on mobile technology. 

• Like 3

Our Star Trek app is supposedly still in development, but the team developing it is so secret, they won't tell me anything. :-)

Another Bible software company beat us to developing for Klingons. :-)

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

Another Bible software company beat us to developing for Klingons. 🙂

Maybe...but a Klingon Language User Bible for Accordance was created back in 2007.  I thought it was available on Accordance Exchange, but I don't see it.  I used to have it, but it appears to have disappeared from my installation.  And the link in the 2007 blog entry is dead. 

Nice!

24 minutes ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

Maybe...but a Klingon Language User Bible for Accordance was created back in 2007.  I thought it was available on Accordance Exchange, but I don't see it.  I used to have it, but it appears to have disappeared from my installation.  And the link in the 2007 blog entry is dead. 

Is this it? Courtesy of the Wayback Machine (internet archive)

https://web.archive.org/web/20070628150211/http://student.tcu.edu/jweaks/accordance/klv.zip

I haven't opened it yet, but the name looks right.

Was it uploaded by @Joe Weaks originally? Maybe he can tell us if his universal translator has done a Vulcan or Ferengi translation.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Is this it? Courtesy of the Wayback Machine (internet archive)

https://web.archive.org/web/20070628150211/http://student.tcu.edu/jweaks/accordance/klv.zip

I haven't opened it yet, but the name looks right.

Was it uploaded by @Joe Weaks originally? Maybe he can tell us if his universal translator has done a Vulcan or Ferengi translation.

It is!  Thanks. 

I had assumed it was one of the two Klingon Bible translation projects that were happening a few years ago, and not Joe Weak's own translation..  I remember hearing years ago that the Klingon translation group had split over formal equivalence vs. dynamic/functional equivalence.  The example I remember concerned whether to transliterate "sheep" or choose a similar klingon animal.  I don't think anyone has tried similar Vulcan or Ferengi projects....wouldn't a universal translator be grand?  Can you imagine, though, trying to translate into Tamarian?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

It is!  Thanks. 

I had assumed it was one of the two Klingon Bible translation projects that were happening a few years ago, and not Joe Weak's own translation..  I remember hearing years ago that the Klingon translation group had split over formal equivalence vs. dynamic/functional equivalence.  The example I remember concerned whether to transliterate "sheep" or choose a similar klingon animal.  I don't think anyone has tried similar Vulcan or Ferengi projects....wouldn't a universal translator be grand?  Can you imagine, though, trying to translate into Tamarian?

Haha, that illustrates the tension between traditional formal/dynamic equivalence that translators face.

I hope we don't end up with a new denomination out of that.

It's been awhile since I've watched Star Trek, and I admit I had to look up Tamarian. It's a fascinating idea - thanks for mentioning it. There's so much nuance in every experience that it's no trivial task for an outsider to deduce the intended allusion. It literally turns the history of language into the language of history.

Edited by Lawrence
  • Like 1

Tabs are a must, along with lots of right-click options for both Greek and Hebrew!