Accordance 14 Sneak Peek #7: Accordance CLOUD!

3 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

Let's get er done! 😁

I'd treat our Cloud programmer to a Spicy Chick Fil A sandwich to give him some fuel to work on it, but I need that CFA down the road from me completed. :-)

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

I'd treat our Cloud programmer to a Spicy Chick Fil A sandwich to give him some fuel to work on it, but I need that CFA down the road from me completed. 🙂

The Chick Fil A motivation plan!!!

20 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

The Chick Fil A motivation plan!!!

The future of the world depends on it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 5:21 AM, Nathan Parker said:

I want to give a brief update on Accordance Cloud.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for this helpful and honest update. I appreciate the desire to keep on providing excellency as we know Accordance has always sought to do! I look forward to the Cloud, when it arrives!

Very grateful to you, and to the developers at work!

Appreciate the update. The most exciting part of this update for me is the possibility that the iPad app will one day soon be more than a glorified Kindle app.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed on the iPad app. There's some really excellent stuff we can deliver to customers that would make the iPad app more powerful. Research is the big feature I'd like to see.

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed on the iPad app. There's some really excellent stuff we can deliver to customers that would make the iPad app more powerful. Research is the big feature I'd like to see.

So Accordance is planning on including the Research feature when the iCloud app is released? 

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Research would be great, and a better way to surface resources relevant to the text I'm studying. Right now I use my iPad as a reader with the desktop version open showing me in the info pane what resources I should open. Would be great if the iPad could do this on its own for speed of reference as well as discovering library resources I might have forgotten about.

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

So Accordance is planning on including the Research feature when the iCloud app is released? 

I think it was in the last early beta I tested, but the link has changed to it, so I need to get the new link and check. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Robb B said:

Research would be great, and a better way to surface resources relevant to the text I'm studying. Right now I use my iPad as a reader with the desktop version open showing me in the info pane what resources I should open. Would be great if the iPad could do this on its own for speed of reference as well as discovering library resources I might have forgotten about.

Indeed. I'd love Research on my mobile devices.

I really hope we see these improvements to the iPad (whether via existing app or the cloud version) as the iPad remains - for me - Accordance's biggest weakness... I know the iPad will never get THE desktop app but if we can get close to it, like Obsidian or DEVONthink to go that would be transformative for me and I can keep my preferred setting of desktop Mac at home and iPad for work and on the go

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

I really hope we see these improvements to the iPad (whether via existing app or the cloud version) as the iPad remains - for me - Accordance's biggest weakness... I know the iPad will never get THE desktop app but if we can get close to it, like Obsidian or DEVONthink to go that would be transformative for me and I can keep my preferred setting of desktop Mac at home and iPad for work and on the go

LG, you are spot on.  I absolutely think that iPad Pro can handle a desktop Accordance.  If Accordance moved in that direction, it would def set them apart from the others.  Or if they put out a Robust Cloud edition.  I mean the competitors have figured out a very good app edition.  If Accordance put out a Robust Cloud Edition, it would be awesome.  

• Like 1

We're gradually moving in a more powerful Mobile direction with Accordance. With M1 and M2 iPad Pros now having similar performance to Macs, the power is there to do some desktop-class stuff (it can even be done easily on A-Series chips). It's going to take time for us to gradually get there, but it's an area of focus for sure.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any more updates?  I've had 2 students buy a package ( 1 starter, and 1 triple Learner) and then discovered this week that it won't work on Chromebooks.  They were thrilled to discover when I told them they could install it on their phones and enthused when I said that sometime in the future, there would be a cloud version where they could sign in to use their library.  They can't be the only new owners who didn't read the fine print that it won't install on Chromebooks, but because they are our students they bought it in faith that they will soon have access.  Any light at the end of this promising........tunnel?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Dan Langston said:

they bought it in faith that they will soon have access.

Surely by now we should have some estimate of when the cloud version will be in beta. Early next year? In time for ETS/SBL 24? 

• Like 6

Accordance showed off an early version of this TWO YEARS ago at ETS/SBL 2021. Maybe we'll get a chance to see the work that's been done since then at ETS/SBL in November? 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

See my August 10 comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

Accordance showed off an early version of this TWO YEARS ago at ETS/SBL 2021. Maybe we'll get a chance to see the work that's been done since then at ETS/SBL in November? 

A journals update was also supposedly in the works 3 years ago…

• Sad 2

On 8/10/2023 at 11:21 PM, Nathan Parker said:

development is still actively in-progress, and we have a talented and gifted programmer personally ensuring that Accordance Cloud will provide a first-class experience for our customers.

Great! Since development is still actively in progress, and we saw a preview two years ago at ETS/SBL, that means we'll get to see all the improvements to the iCloud version at ETS/SBL this year! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Great! Since development is still actively in progress, and we saw a preview two years ago at ETS/SBL, that means we'll get to see all the improvements to the iCloud version at ETS/SBL this year! 

image.jpeg.4ff85a6abe3dcaf67d14fb7edebb61fa.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those having their PC on 24/7 like me...

TeamViewer, Rustdesk and AnyDesk.

Free remote desktop software so you can use Accordance as "cloud" on your own PC.

Great feedback!

Still waiting for the cloud as mentioned in OP

Edited by Dan Langston

Still in development.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:17 PM, Nathan Parker said:

We're gradually moving in a more powerful Mobile direction with Accordance. With M1 and M2 iPad Pros now having similar performance to Macs, the power is there to do some desktop-class stuff (it can even be done easily on A-Series chips). It's going to take time for us to gradually get there, but it's an area of focus for sure.

Meh. Can't blame the lack of iPad accordance development on the iPad's lack of power. The m- series iPad pros are only marginally more capable than the original 11" iPad Pro's a12x (which you've basically said) and the accordance app barely touches that capability. Now we've got stage manager and other features blending macOS and iPadOS. We've got an extremely capable app in logos that does more than I'd even hopped the accordance iPad app could do. The problem is not iPad's capability. I'm not mad. I'm just saying, let's be honest about it. 

• Like 3