Citations and Bibliographical information for iOS

dgzylstra

Hello, Dearest Accordance iOS developers:

First, just to let you know, I love the work you've done porting Accordance to iOS so much that I've dropped my laptop altogether (passed it on to my wife, actually) and I now ONLY use my iPad. I've known that I would lose some functionality that way, but I haven't really missed anything up until now

• Like 1

It's definitely on the "to do" list, but I don't have an estimate for when this will show up in a release of the iOS app.

Thanks for the feedback,

Scott.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for posting this and for what its worth would make a similar request. I am working on a commentary for Jonah and the citation ability would be very helpful. Thanks too for a great app that I am using exclusively for this seminary project.

• 4 years later...

Any further progress beyond "on the to-do list" for copy-with-citation and/or one-click access to bibliographic information on iOS? I'm currently taking some online seminary classes, and 98 percent of what I need to accomplish I can do on my iPad Pro – all my textbooks are in Kindle/Accordance, I can watch lecture videos while reviewing slide decks and/or taking notes, and I can write papers... but I can't easily access what I need for footnotes and bibliographic information. No doubt there are other students, academics, and writers who would also benefit from this feature.

Thanks for the great software and resources you provide, and I'm excited to see it continue to improve! 

Edited by ivaska

• 4 months later...

Hope this feature gets high priorty. iPad is moving way beyond a fun tool to an essential tool for most professional and academic fields of study. Since Accordance is one of the Primere software tools this feature should be one of high priorty. Thanks for all your hard work you all are listening for that we are most appreciative.

I seem to remember the author was added to the title bar of the full fat version but never made it to iOS so it would be nice to have author added as well so we can see when reading as well as in the citation.

For me, the iPad has moved! Use ipad virtually all day, everyday for all my primary reading and Accordance on mbp is about once or twice a month now.

post-31185-0-53551700-1529848974_thumb.jpeg

Yes hopefully the Info Pane come soon to the iOS. But I know there are also some other features which needs to develop for the iOS platform.

Greetings

Fabian

But I know there are also some other features which needs to develop for the iOS platform.

Loads!!!!!!

It will always be limited by iOS, but there are some simple things that would improve it greatly.

Just as well we are being made so virtuous by exhibiting all this patience.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

I'm glad to see the need for "copy with citation" or similar getting a little more attention, as I'm betting it would be a "killer feature" for many iOS students, scholars and writers in whichever Bible software gets there first. (And without question, Accordance is the horse I'd back in this race.) 

• 1 year later...

Just saw your post on Facebook about the citations tutorial for the desktop version. Wanted to bump this thread. I’ve been using iPadOS in beta for the past few weeks and it’s really entered into its own. It’s actually been my only computer for a while (after a dalliance with Windows that didn’t work out). I know Accordance for iOS can never reach parity with the desktop version, but for my purposes, the mobile version is great, or would be with a few more improvements like this.