Sonoma wrecked Accordance

A. Smith

4 hours ago, Brian Phillips said:

Respectfully, you're not making sense here. The problem isn't in going to a new x.0 release, rather it's being on a release that already works, but the company has failed to plan for updates in the underlying OS which wrecked their x.0.7 application on one platform (intel macs). Clearly there was no testing done on intel macs. This indicates a management problem at Accordance.

Also, x.0 releases are not beta releases. Beta is where the bulk of the testing should be done. But again, this is a moot point here as it's not the issue we're facing.

It's Sonoma that's the new release, which he says he didn't check that "mission critical" software (Accordance) was compatible with.

Coincidentally, Sonoma's version number is also 14.

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Are you a member of Christian Apple Technology User's Group? I contribute over there and provide a voice for Accordance now that Helen has retired. You might give their mailing list a try. Accordance used to have a partnership with them. Not sure what the status is, but I can find out. I found out about them from Accordance's website years ago.

I took a look at the linked page - they don't seem very active. Screenshot today (4th October 2023) - their 'today' is about half a year ago, and their most recent news is 2019. Do they have a more active page?

image.png.b05ee2ba191380959ae39fa0aa7feeca.png

8 hours ago, Brian Phillips said:

Respectfully, you're not making sense here. The problem isn't in going to a new x.0 release, rather it's being on a release that already works, but the company has failed to plan for updates in the underlying OS which wrecked their x.0.7 application on one platform (intel macs). Clearly there was no testing done on intel macs. This indicates a management problem at Accordance.

Also, x.0 releases are not beta releases. Beta is where the bulk of the testing should be done. But again, this is a moot point here as it's not the issue we're facing.

3 hours ago, Lawrence said:

It's Sonoma that's the new release, which he says he didn't check that "mission critical" software (Accordance) was compatible with.

Respectfully, Brian, your reply isn't making much sense.  As Lawrence pointed out, I'm talking about the new release of Sonoma, which as you pointed out changes the underlying OS which causes the current release of Accordance to no longer function.

This isn't just a problem for Accordance.  The folks at Renewed Vision (ProPresenter) are having the same issues.  They have explicitly told their users not to update to Sonoma until they've thoroughly tested it and released a version that gives full support to the OS.  But why didn't they have ProPresenter ready when Sonoma released, after all, the beta was out for months?  As one of their programmers explained on the Facebook user group,

Sonoma literally became an official release 7 days ago. We never want to claim we officially support an OS change until the final version is available so we can be sure our users will have the best experience. And yes, we’ve been testing with Sonoma since the Beta was available in June. Unfortunately releasing a new version of ProPresenter that we have fully tested and are confident in isn’t as simple as flipping a switch. 

In the meantime, I’d recommend staying on Ventura until we announce ProPresenter 7.15 which should be coming soon.

I am not saying that the folks at Accordance aren't responsible for the lack of communication or not having their software ready.  All I am saying that it isn't 100% their fault.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The CATUG mailing list is a little more active. I need to message them one day and provide them with my Accordance collection recommendations.

7 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Seems to be an unlucky number for some... :-)

• Haha 1

Coincidentally, the pronunciation of the number “14” in both Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese sounds like the phrase “must die”. lol

• Haha 2

• Dr. Nathan Parker locked this topic