Should I leave Accordance?

ekim37

After many years of using Accordance, I have switched to Logos. So many more resources and much greater functionality. Also, Logos seems more ministry driven with the emphasis on spiritual maturity. In every area of the software, there are always are so many help videos for training.

• Sad 1

Hey, Lyle. I see you are from Hacienda Heights. Starting in 1964 at the age of 9 we moved to La Habra Heights and lived there about 15 years until we moved to Brea. Long, long time since we lived in California, but hey, here's to ya!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LylePhillips said:

So many more resources and much greater functionality.

I think you're right the big L indeed does have a lot more resources! Only Amazon.com can compete with the big L in terms of quantity of resources. 

Unfortunately the big L does not have any of the resources I actually consult most like the images of the Leningrad Codex, the Masora Thesaurus, and Japanese Bible translations like the Shinkaiyaku 2017 and the Shinkyodoyaku Seisho. 

10 hours ago, LylePhillips said:

Logos seems more ministry driven with the emphasis on spiritual maturity.

This is true and this also one the reasons I find Logos very hard to recommend. Actually, most of Logos more recent base packages come loaded with stuff I would never use (nor recommend), but lack stuff I need, want, and could recommend most.

Years ago though Logos/Libronix used to have a very affordable base package called the 'Original Languages Library' and it in my opinion was their most appealing and streamlined packages. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Donovan R. Palmer said:

Studying the theological views and interpretations of scripture through the ages has drawn me elsewhere.  In particular Church Fathers studies have been extremely useful with the plethora of resources, to then compare through the ages to current times. 

During my training, I became fascinated with the formation of the creeds and that has drawn me into the fathers and church history and i have built up a large dead tree library and there are just so many more hard copy resources available that are not available on any e platform. Especially if you want to explore the early orthodox church which is very under represented on western software. 
I just trust i can continue to enjoy using my existing library well into the future even if i have to enhance it on other media. Im still holding off buying dead tree versions of resources that may make it to accordance, but at the moment, i am still buying more hard copies which still have some advantages over e copies despite their drawbacks.

• Like 1

• Dr. Nathan Parker locked this topic