Main Accordance Modules to Bring into Accordance

Dr. Nathan Parker

What are the top five Accordance modules not available in Accordance, but that you would purchase in 2023 if they were available in Accordance?

For those of you who have already listed them in another thread, feel free to link to those threads here.

I’ll share the results with our marketing team.

Thanks!

CEB-tagged
NRSVue-tagged

An actual Nestle-Aland or Throckmorton Gospel Synopsis (ie, with proper line breaks, etc)
For years been told you were getting Boring-Craddock, one-volume commentary: People's New Testament Commentary. I even procured the etext for you.

• Like 2

THE DOCUMENTARY/OXYRHYNCHUS PAPYRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQE done properly, in parity with print, would be fantastic.

I'd also like the option to combine modules from the same publisher like OT-NT commentaries (NICOT/NICNT, WBC, Anchor, etc) so that I can scroll through without changing modules when I change testaments. Along with this, combining GBS texts, BHS and NA, LXX and NA. Yes, I know there is a combined module for each of these but it is not the critical standard text. And that is endlessly frustrating for me. 

Muraoka's grammars and LXX resources (which no one has)

Cambridge Greek Lexicon

Cambridge Grammar of Classical Greek

THE DOCUMENTARY/OXYRHYNCHUS PAPYRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loeb editions

New Documents Illustrating Early Christianity (which no one has)

More volumes of Linguistic Studies in Ancient West Semitic

Studies in Biblical Greek series (which no one has)

TnT Clark Library of New Testament Greek

Library of New Testament Studies

Edited by A. Smith
  • Like 6

To complete the sets of other resources in accordance

my number one addition would be:

Jewish annotated apocrypha

i would really like a couple of atlases in the tim dowley/ nick rowland series for their excellent cartography and so i have the info available in one program. 

Atlas of world religions

Atlas of the biblical world (by our very own mark v hoffman)

other resources i would probably get are 

Old Testament Use of Old Testament: A Book-by-Book Guide by Gary E. Schnittjer

And the recently posted baker dictionary of the nt use of the ot

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

i would really like a couple of atlases in the tim dowley/ nick rowland series for their excellent cartography

@ukfraserAtlas ... Christian History and European Reformations are both available from Accordance.

• Like 1

ANET please complete with the second volume of photos/illustrations

A wider selection of early Christian writings e.g. Pseudo-Dionysius up to Eriugena and Grosseteste... especially around the intersection with neoplatonism (actually having Plotinus in Accordance would be amazing and would open Accordance to wider academic audience, albeit niche)

the related texts called the Egyptian book of the dead (I know extracts are in COS)

and as a 'wildcard' the Daniel Matt edition of The Zohar (which is available as an electronic text)

I suspect the odds are probably not high but you did ask

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gordon Lyons said:

@ukfraserAtlas ... Christian History and European Reformations are both available from Accordance.

Thanks

And both are excellent in format, content and cartography and so much better in accordance than as hard copies or the famous south american rainforest format due to the magic the accordance developers have achieved on the formatting and layout.
that is why i would love to see these other two volumes added to accordance to complete the set.

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

Yes. I would welcome these other two in the series to the Accordance library. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Joe Weaks said:

An actual Nestle-Aland or Throckmorton Gospel Synopsis (ie, with proper line breaks, etc)

+1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A. Smith said:

New Documents Illustrating Early Christianity (which no one has)

+1

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 3:09 AM, Joe Weaks said:

CEB-tagged
NRSVue-tagged

+1

• Like 2

1. Biblical Doctrine — MacArthur & Mayhue

2. Biblical Doctrine — MacArthur & Mayhue

3. Biblical Doctrine — MacArthur & Mayhue

4. Biblical Doctrine — MacArthur & Mayhue

5. Biblical Doctrine — MacArthur & Mayhue

😀

• Like 5

Another module I would purchase in 2023 if it was released:  a tagged French Bible: either one of the Bibles currently in Accordance or La nouvelle français courant that I understand is in process.  

• Like 4

I'm most interested in Text modules. I've suggested them before, but I'd like these two as separate Text modules; the texts are included in Commentary modules but would great as separate texts.

• NT for Everyone

• OT for Everyone

I realize you've tried to get them before and ran into troubles, but please keep trying. It seems odd that NT Wright's works are well-represented in Accordance, but the publisher won't let you distribute these two (different publisher?).

• T4T Translation for Translators. This was created to help with translation, and the difficulty of making it an Accordance module would lie in its notation scheme for marking alternate versions of the same phrase. But it is such a rich text and deserves serious consideration!

Mirror Bible. This is still growing in size, and frankly needs lots of correction and editing, in my opinion. Nevertheless, someday I'd love to see it, with its Notes/Commentary as a module.

Thank you for considering these, especially T4T.

• Like 2

Lexham Geographic Commentary on the Gospels

Lexham Geographic Commentary on Acts through Revelation

Dictionary of Daily Life in Biblical and Post-Biblical Antiquity (entire series)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

MacArthur and Mayhue Biblical Doctrine is one we’re looking at, since I need that one myself.

Lexham stuff “might” be more difficult to get into Accordance format since Logos owns Lexham, but since Accordance now has a long-time Logos user (over 13,000 Logos books) working for them, if anyone could ever pull it off, it’d be a fun challenge. 🙂 

• Like 1

A couple of these have been mentioned already.

Pritchard, James B., ed. Ancient Near Eastern Texts Relating to the Old Testament with Supplement, 3rd ed. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1969.

———. Ancient Near Eastern Pictures Relating to the Old Testament, 2nd ed. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1969.
———. The Ancient Near East: Supplementary Texts and Pictures Relating to the Old Testament. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1969.

Keener, Craig S. The Gospel of Matthew: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2009.

Truth for Today Commentary Series.

Loeb editions of classical works in Greek and Latin.

Edited by Andrew Patterson
  • Like 3

Institutes of Elenctic Theology - Francis Turretin

• Like 3

• Dr. Nathan Parker pinned this topic

Pinning this to make it easier for people to contribute to it.

We do have NRSVue and French editions, but not tagged at the moment (those would be major undertakings). On Muroka LXX Lexicon, I don’t think it’s available for electronic development from the publisher. 

A complete Hebrew bible either using a tagged Delitzsch or the MHNT (you already have this available in Greek) or a modern complete Hebrew bible

Combined texts are useful but a tighter bind that can be added to the library as if it were a single text?

• Like 3