Accordance User Marketing Survey

Dr. Nathan Parker

25 minutes ago, Robb B said:

2. What are the top few questions you’d like the Accordance staff to answer or clarify for you (I can’t promise too many specifics, but I will work to try to answer as many as possible)?

Are you still committed to releasing Accordance Cloud in the relatively near future, or has that been abandoned or shelved indefinitely? Why don't you use your YouTube channel for more content? Any chance Accordance will be resuming its podcast style format that ended when Dr. J left?

3. What are a few top pieces of feedback you’d like to give to Accordance for us to listen to (anything from the desktop/mobile apps to books, etc., “it’s your dime, spill it”).

The iPad app needs a complete overhaul. Navigating is too cumbersome, sorting books in the library takes too long, there is no way to surface commentaries or other resources that deal the verses/topics in the text, atlas, timeline, and diagrams need functionality, you have to stay on the download page while resources download, etc.

Accordance Cloud has definitely not been abandoned. I’m chatting with marketing to see what kind of update I can get on it. Likely we’ll see it surface in 2023. Resolving the “launch day issues” with Accordance Desktop has taken priority, plus we’ll want to put Accordance Cloud through some rigorous beta testing before we release it into the wild. Once I have more specifics, I’ll share.

Good points on mobile. Really hoping the new syncing will handle some of this, but I’ll have to find out.

• Like 2

Forgot to answer your other questions:

Once I get access to their YouTube channel or work with Linda on it, I can add a lot more content to it. I can add pretty much anything anyone wants to see. Feel free to give me specifics.

If you’d like to see a return of Lighting the Lamp, I can take it on and do it. If there’s any specific topics you wish to see covered in it, I can as well.

Pretty much on training videos, I’m willing to produce anything customers want to learn more of.

For Lighting the Lamp (or maybe just rename it The Accordance Podcast to make things easier to surface on YouTube), I would suggest the following:

• New episodes every time there is a new sale and/or product release. Highlight one or more of the new/sale resources in a real use case scenario (or scenarios). This would probably spur sales of new/sale items as well as help people know how to use Accordance.
  • Feature highlights, especially when a new version releases or a point update with major new features. My guess is that a vast majority of users use basic search and read functions and not much else. I remember thinking when I first started using Accordance that I would never need certain advanced features. Then David Lang would demo them in a real world use case, and I realized how useful those advanced features would be for me in my academic and pastoral work. One feature per video. Minimum of 5 minutes per video, but no more than 15 minutes (see the end of this post).
  • How to use Accordance on... I have a 13" MBP and a 24" iMac. I use different set ups on these devices because different screen sizes allow for more or less visible content. It would be interesting to see videos on using Accordance on a 13" screen, a 17" screen, a 24" screen, etc. Or using Accordance on multiple displays. I think seeing different set ups, including colors and fonts, is fascinating, and these videos would be very interesting to watch, especially if you have a certain size screen or if you are thinking of buying a new machine. I'm not alone as someone whose use of Accordance plays a major factor in my hardware decisions.
  • Guest episodes where you bring on an Accordance user and talk about their use of Accordance in their field/ministry. James White was on previously, which was great. I'd love to see more of that kind of content.
  • Performance tests. How fast can Accordance...[pick something to highlight]? I had a college student at our church using my Accordance library on an iPad today. He normally uses "that other software." He was blown away by how fast and nimble Accordance was. He's ready to switch, and that was just on the crippled iPad app! You don't have to run a side-by-side speed test, although that would be amazing, but simple videos demonstrating how fast Accordance can... open, close, amplify, search, compare texts, etc., would be really fun.
  • Accordance is better on Computer/iPad/iPhone if you're... This would be cool as you highlight which devices are optimal for which Accordance tasks. Compare reading on a Mac with reading on an iPad. Compare highlighting with an Apple Pencil versus a mouse on Mac. Show what things the iPhone does best and in what circumstances.
  • Shorter how to videos regarding real-world tasks. How to do research for a paper, how to do Hebrew exegesis, how to learn Greek, how to use Accordance content in papers/sermon notes/etc., how to do textual criticism... The sky is the limit.

For the sake of growing the platform, I would recommend all videos be about 10-15 minutes long. If one is longer, break it up into two or more videos. This will help boost you in the YouTube algorithm, and users are more likely to click play on a video that only asks 10 minutes of their time than one that demands 45 minutes.

Those are just some ideas. I'm sure others can think of more things to do, and you have your own ideas as well.

Edited by Robb B
  • Like 4

One more thing...

Production quality needs to be top notch. That other platform has garbage production quality. I'm sorry, but it's true. Everything looks staged and fake, low energy, poor use of effects, you rarely see the most interesting things they are discussing on screen. It's a train wreck. Please don't imitate anything they do in their videos.

Check out the YouTube channel MaxTech for top notch production quality. Those guys know what they're doing, from pacing, to energy level, to video and audio quality, to variety of content. Just really good stuff.

Edited by Robb B
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

It is actually still useful for the non-scholar, as I’ll demonstrate. I believe you’ll find you’ll be able to use it and get some solid benefit out of it.

Hi Nathan,

Since you mentioned that you would demonstrate that the Word Study is useful for "non-scholar" types, I just wanted to clarify that I know this, and that is my concern. My work is exclusive to the Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, and I need EVERY word. That is why I usually do not use the Constructs and keys, since they are not as pin-point as doing it by hand in the original languages. A few weeks ago I attended a webinar called  "Version 14 Intermediate Word Studies" taught by Ryan, and after what I saw I said in the chat box that it looked like the Word Study was great for a quick guide, but could not come close to the accuracy I was doing by hand, and he agreed with my assessment. So that is why I don't personally see it being something I would use.

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

our other feedbacks on user file corruption and exporting are very beneficial. I’ll pass those on.

Thank you very much!! :)

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 9:19 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Now that I’ve joined the Accordance marketing team, I have a handful of questions I’d like to ask Accordance users. If you’ve answered some of this stuff in other forum threads, feel free to link to those respective threads as well. I’ll share the results with the rest of the marketing team.

1. What are the top five modules from Accordance you would purchase in 2023 in the event they were on sale?

2. What are the top few questions you’d like the Accordance staff to answer or clarify for you (I can’t promise too many specifics, but I will work to try to answer as many as possible)?

3. What are a few top pieces of feedback you’d like to give to Accordance for us to listen to (anything from the desktop/mobile apps to books, etc., “it’s your dime, spill it”).

4. If Accordance were to eventually completely overhaul and simplify the Accordance Primary Collections, what should the tier structure look like, and what key modules would need to be in each tier for you to consider purchasing such collections?

5. If Accordance were to eventually release new bundles based on denominations, theological positions, or fields of study, what should these various bundles look like, and what key modules should they include?

Thanks!

@Nathan Parker,

First,congrats. Hopefully your coming on board will calm some jittery nerves of where Accordance is heading and what is going on.

Second, my biggest hope is that Accordance brings stability before expanding their offerings.

Third, please stay with us in the forums. It helps us to know the company is listening and we can get updates as well.

Forth, some of my comments and questions may seem harsh or some will disagree. That's fine if you disagree. I do not and will not debate in this thread. If my questions and cretiques seem hard, I am sharing some of the same things I have shared before but have NEVER been given any place to be heard. I shared saying the customer service has not been the best for me from the beginning (some instances have been better than others) and I was told that I should just ignore it, or keep supporting. I have reached out several times to do a spotlight review and drive traffic, that was met with silence. So please understand, I am not angry nor vengeful. But these are real issues that I have been forced to sit on and now we have someone who, I think and am confident, will do a fantastic job. So I want Accordance to understand what I have seen and experienced so they can grow.

Now, to answer your questions:

1) Right now is not the time. Between the instability and personal reasons, I couldn't. If these were not an issue: BDAG/HALOT; Vines; maybe a few maps for 3D renderings.

2) questions: 1) Why can't we have a place to buy and sell some modules on this forum (for all who debated this with me in another thread, if you disagree, lets not debate in this thread.)? 2) Why do my emails, sent with strong suggestions to help you, just disappear and I hear nothing back? Been two years for one and I still have not heard. 3) Why, on the main website, do you offer chat but never have anyone to chat with? And when you do, why do they really just direct here? 4) Why does it seem I have to fight to get basic customer service? Am I being a customer in a wrong way? 5) When I am told that something has been passed on, why do I at least not get a courtesy note ether saying they will consider it, or even just say, thanks but no thanks? Why am I in limbo and left there?

I am sure I have more but it has been a LONG day.

3) Several ideas have been stated already but I reiterate: 1) Reorganize the website. Finding modules is...interesting. 2) Actively engage with your community and their denominations. It could open doors. Ask for help connecting to these groups. Go to their big meetings, talk with us here, etc. 3) I love the idea of labeling where authors stand in their Theological pursuasion. 4) Have a Rep from each department of accordance maintain a Q/A thread on this forum. This gives us a place to go. 5) Be more cautious of any non Biblical resources you add to the system. 6) Try to strike a closer balance between an original language research tool and a venerable digital library. I would prefer seeing more like Bible Works than the other company. 7) Strengthen your note taking sync. Give us more options. 

4) Not sure I could advise here. I would, however, love to see a Triple Pro package Or Triple Expert with the bundle discount pricing.

5) First would be a Brethren bundle. Complete writings of Alexander Macks' Ordenances. Historical stuff concerning AnaBaptist History, Pietist History, Brethren writings new and old. Keep adding more works as time goes on so this collection grows. You could add Brethren Historical works on John Klien, and others, Biographical works on the countless different Brethren. I would also say a Historical work about Brethren in General such as, “Fruit of the Vine” by Donald Durnsbaugh. Then allow the individual modules to be purchased seperately if someone does not want to buy a whole collection.

Second, a topic could be an entire collection of Textual Criticism debate. But instead of just passing off the Traditional text side as being unsupported or just not as “evidenced”, and only having pro critical text works,  actually use the modern works of defense for the Traditional text from places like Dean Burgeon Society, Text and Translation website, Trinitarian Bible Society and many more. Give a fair and balanced approach so people can actually see the facts for themselves and not just have the assumptions of modern critics. One solid work that I have still not found a rebuttle for is Dean Burgeons, “Revision Revised”. It simply has been ignored which shows they have no answer. Keep adding and let the collection grow. Then allow the individual modules to be purchased seperately if someone does not want to buy a whole collection.

Third topic, Creation Evolution debate collection. This is, as I am becoming more aware, not a secondary topic. Much rests on if we get this right. It can include works from Institute of Creation Research and Answers in Genesis. And they have MOUNTAINS of volumes of resources. Keep adding and let the collection grow. Then allow the individual modules to be purchased seperately if someone does not want to buy a whole collection.

Just my. 02,  and hope it helps. 

Edited by Pastor Jonathan
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Dan Langston said:

Congratulations.

1. What are the top five modules from Accordance you would purchase in 2023 in the event they were on sale?

I'm more interested in a sermon builder feature

1. Why did the Info pane pericopes that used to link to either "outlines of Bible books' in non-tagged texts or notes in tagged texts disappear in 14?

2. Why can't there be a setting to choose either outlines or notes for the pericope heading?

3. Remember that time were going to have an Accordance web app? 

1. We need a sermon builder feature with export and demographic capabilities

2. We need the ipad to sync immediately with the cloud and the desktop once there is a sermon builder

3. Why can't you scan a verse in print in the mobile app that saves into a reference list?

4. Why can't Accordance have more accessibilities for theological libraries and church staffs?

4. If Accordance were to eventually completely overhaul and simplify the Accordance Primary Collections, what should the tier structure look like, and what key modules would need to be in each tier for you to consider purchasing such collections?

1. There needs to be a pastor's collection that has solid commentaries like Tyndale, expositors, etc. at the various levels as well as strong with dictionaries and not so much linguistic tools. HINT: EXPAND YOUR BASE AMONG CHURCH LEADERS WITH CHURCH BUDGETS AND STAND BACK AND WATCH IT GROW OVER TIME

2. THERE NEEDS TO BE A STUDENT COLLECTION THAT IS CHEAP. LIKE $50 FOR undergraduates that has the MAP and timeline tool, BNK, and sermon tool. (if it ever happens) Students are a long-term investment.  HINT: most of them do not want to learn Greek or Hebrew, teach them how powerful Accordance is when they need it and can access it.

5. If Accordance were to eventually release new bundles based on denominations, theological positions, or fields of study, what should these various bundles look like, and what key modules should they include?

This should be LOW on your priority list.  Fix mobile, synchronization, and stability issues first

Second the pastor collection and student collection.

@Nathan Parker did I send you the links for ideas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Accordance Cloud has definitely not been abandoned. I’m chatting with marketing to see what kind of update I can get on it. Likely we’ll see it surface in 2023. Resolving the “launch day issues” with Accordance Desktop has taken priority, plus we’ll want to put Accordance Cloud through some rigorous beta testing before we release it into the wild. Once I have more specifics, I’ll share.

This alone is why I upgraded. Please hit it out of the park. Accordance can use a solid product right now.

• Like 1

Good feedback. I'm about to sign off for the night, but I'll chime back in tomorrow and respond to some of your comments. 

• Thanks 1

I know it doesn't follow your 1 to 5 but

More journals please - particularly academic journals, especially hebrew/hebrew bible based - also can you update some of the existing journals too - they aren't exactly up to date

I think the collections are good for when you are getting started - agree with what everyone says about a Pastor/Priest package and a student package - don't pad these with out of copyright resources to boost the xxx number of pages or the 'would cost $xxx' instead concentrate on streamlined up to date and relevant resources... 

Then keep up the weekly sales - this lets you plan out a years worth of purchases (once you get the cycle of what comes up for sale when)

I agree about using podcast to demonstrate uses of packages on sale - D J used to do this brilliantly... similarly the longer, in depth, e-acacdemy stuff is brilliant - especially when you bring in the authors/academics behind key areas of study

if you are going to go further down the road of 'liberal vs. conservative' or faith vs academic be carefully around the feelings that will engender - Accordance is a space where many communities exist in a harmony you might struggle to find outside of this forum... personally I would leave this alone - if you are going to spend hundreds of pounds (dollars) and are unable to work out what Preaching the Word Commentary is about c/w Hermeneia you probably need more help than a tag on the module page.

Upgrade the atlas as you did with the timeline - both are under-appreciated

Consider building something like the comprehensive cross-refs into Accordance so all users have a sort of index - you will sell more modules that way because the cross ref system will continually remind you of what you have missing but could have depending on the particular research you are doing

I have a M1 12.9 iPad which is my main mobile device - all the core software that I use on the Mac works the same (or almost the same - I'm not a video editor or coder so I know FCP or Xcode aren't on iPad but that isn't a problem for me) apart from Accordance which is really not fit for purpose beyond being a good e-reader, which it is...

I know software subscriptions are controversial but if done properly (Ulysses!!!) they provide for both a stable platform and enhancements which aren't tied to trad release schedules... I would be reluctant to buy a v15 which was just bug-fixes but I would be delighted to pay an annual subscription (say up to $100 but perhaps tiered for students, ministers, etc.,) to support the company, the software as well as these forums, the webinars and all else that you bring

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Leopold Green said:

More journals please - particularly academic journals, especially hebrew/hebrew bible based - also can you update some of the existing journals too - they aren't exactly up to date

I think the collections are good for when you are getting started - agree with what everyone says about a Pastor/Priest package and a student package - don't pad these with out of copyright resources to boost the xxx number of pages or the 'would cost $xxx' instead concentrate on streamlined up to date and relevant resources... 

Then keep up the weekly sales - this lets you plan out a years worth of purchases (once you get the cycle of what comes up for sale when)

I agree about using podcast to demonstrate uses of packages on sale - D J used to do this brilliantly... similarly the longer, in depth, e-acacdemy stuff is brilliant - especially when you bring in the authors/academics behind key areas of study

if you are going to go further down the road of 'liberal vs. conservative' or faith vs academic be carefully around the feelings that will engender - Accordance is a space where many communities exist in a harmony you might struggle to find outside of this forum... personally I would leave this alone - if you are going to spend hundreds of pounds (dollars) and are unable to work out what Preaching the Word Commentary is about c/w Hermeneia you probably need more help than a tag on the module page.

Upgrade the atlas as you did with the timeline - both are under-appreciated

Consider building something like the comprehensive cross-refs into Accordance so all users have a sort of index - you will sell more modules that way because the cross ref system will continually remind you of what you have missing but could have depending on the particular research you are doing

I have a M1 12.9 iPad which is my main mobile device - all the core software that I use on the Mac works the same (or almost the same - I'm not a video editor or coder so I know FCP or Xcode aren't on iPad but that isn't a problem for me) apart from Accordance which is really not fit for purpose beyond being a good e-reader, which it is...

I know software subscriptions are controversial but if done properly (Ulysses!!!) they provide for both a stable platform and enhancements which aren't tied to trad release schedules... I would be reluctant to buy a v15 which was just bug-fixes but I would be delighted to pay an annual subscription (say up to $100 but perhaps tiered for students, ministers, etc.,) to support the company, the software as well as these forums, the webinars and all else that you bring

These are all good points! Thanks for bringing them up, Leopold. As for a mobile device subscription/purchase price (preferably the former rather than the latter as far as I'm concerned), a comparison can be made with Mellel or Scrivener, which run for between $20-30, respectively. Given the more limited functionality of iOS apps, at least at this point, this seems reasonable. I would hesitate to put out much more than that for a Bible app, personally. One also has to remember that "that other software" also charges nothing for their app, which is also something a lot of people would take into consideration.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

For question #1, is that stuff you’d want to see on the Accordance Store Website?

Hi Nathan

It would be nice to have it on the website. It may require more categories though. Personally, when I look at resources, I would like to know if it is written from the perspective of the Bible being "The Inspired Word of God" and therefore correct in all it affirms. That would include the chronologies in Genesis, the world wide flood, miracles etc. I have found that I buy resources and then find out that the author writes from a somewhat secular, evolutionary perspective, thus undermining the authority of the Word of God and the Gospel. I would like to know if that is the approach the author takes, so that I do not waste my money on those resources. Obviously others will have different views on this, and they would likely also want information to make their choices.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

Third topic, Creation Evolution debate collection. This is, as I am becoming more aware, not a secondary topic. Much rests on if we get this right. It can include works from Institute of Creation Research and Answers in Genesis. And they have MOUNTAINS of volumes of resources. Keep adding and let the collection grow. Then allow the individual modules to be purchased seperately if someone does not want to buy a whole collection.

That would be great. Also, Associates for Biblical Research.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

It would likely also be good to have a basic Elder, Deacon Lay package with the modern Bibles like LSB, NASB, ESV etc, a good short commentary like the Believer's Bible Commentary, TSK and MacArthur's Bible handbook, a Bible Dictionary, the Mounce and KM Lexicons and a Bible Atlas. Keep it simple.

• Like 3

Stability. Journals. After leaving seminary access to journals becomes complicated. I now have a book allowance which can go to things like paying for this. I would greatly prefer to do so from with in Accordance than say Galaxy’s website. 

Paying a monthly subscription just for the software is not my favorite idea. But it would be quite a bit more palatable if it included continual and timely journal updates. This is industry standard content that has a frequent update cycle that could be used to create value to a subscription service. 

Finally, knowing I can count in Accordance to be reliable is incredibly important. I am teaching weekly at church Accordance support this process through assisting study and teaching live with it in the classroom. The current situation has not made this easy (it crashed while trying to look up texts on a projector for the class). 

Thank you to all the staff working on this. I realize you all are very busy. What you are doing has great impact on many people!

• Like 3

Hi Nathan

I had posted regarding the footnoting formatting - any ideas on this as I did not get any replies?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for today’s feedback! I’m about to step into the Accordance 14 Webinar, then this evening I’ll work through answering some more of your questions.

On 1/3/2023 at 8:19 PM, Nathan Parker said:

MT/LXX Parallel upgrade

Additional volumes of the Wisdom Commentary Series (they are out in print but not on Accordance yet)

Index of DSS Manuscripts

Sacra Pagina

Are the additional volumes of the Wisdom Commentary series something Accordance is going to provide eventually?  This is a question I asked earlier, and got no response.

I think someone else has mentioned it, but I have been dismayed at the poor hyperlinking in several modules: text not linked that should be, text inaccurately linked, text linked but pointing to the wrong place, etc.  I report them when I find them, but this is rife in both the JPS commentaries and the Jewish Annotated New Testament.  (Maybe other modules, too, but these are where I remember running across it most)

Please don't rush the next beta!  I have not needed to revert to 13, as I could tolerate the bugs until they were sorted, and I didn't experience the most crippling of them.  (No criticism of those who did revert:  different needs and uses led to understandably different choices).  But I was disturbed that known bugs weren't addressed before the release. 

Please continue to provide historical critical and centrist/"liberal" resources as well as resources that are more conservative/traditionalist.  During my early years with Accordance, I struggled with how few resources there were for my theological bent.  I rejoiced when Abingdon finally agreed to work with you to provide their works.  (I periodically scolded them for not doing so).  Similarly, I was thrilled with the release of the Wisdom commentary series, but disappointed that later volumes haven't been given the Accordance treatment. 

Don't have an easy answer for this one; like many who have replied, I have enough material in accordance that Collections aren't something I purchase any more.  I'll ponder this one a bit more and maybe come back to it in a separate post. 

Thanks!

As a United Methodist, I would say that a collection of the Wesleys' works, bundled would be helpful.  The other historical Methodist/Wesleyan authors (e.g. Clarke if I remember correctly) aren't something I/we reference much.  Our tradition is a bit unique, though, as our founding has more to do with praxis than a theological dispute, so "United Methodist Theology" is a pretty broad tent.  

As someone married to a Lutheran, I'd link a collection of Luther's works, the book of Concord, etc. might make a helpful bundle. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Robb B said:

For Lighting the Lamp (or maybe just rename it The Accordance Podcast to make things easier to surface on YouTube), I would suggest the following:

Great feedback. I agree we need to do new videos on product releases.

While we may not do a “video podcast” for each sale, if I did start producing a short weekly training video, I could feature the on-sale modules in the video (or even do two videos in the email, a short one with the training and another short one demoing the sales items). If I started doing weekly training videos, should these just be added to the weekly sales emails, so you’re getting one email per week with sales and some bonus training? Maybe try to “theme” the training feature around what we have on sale?

Feature highlights is something I’d like to do more of. Considering short weekly videos in addition to monthly videos that are a little more in-depth.

Guest episodes would be interesting in order to hear how other Accordance users are using Accordance. I have access to FaceTime, plus I’m about to have access to Google Meet on my personal domain, plus Accordance probably can provide me with Zoom. These would be really fun.

I may have to tie in guest episodes with your request on using Accordance on different screen sizes/devices. Right now my tech gear consists of an iMac Pro, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPad mini. Those are the devices I’m using Accordance on at the moment. I will also be buying an M2 MacBook Air after I get a couple of paychecks. 🙂 I don’t have a multiple monitor setup at the moment, and I sold my older iPad Pro and Apple Pencils since I wasn’t using them. I also don’t have a Windows PC at the moment. I’m still using Accordance plenty on a daily basis, but I’ve streamlined the amount of devices and tech gear I own and phased out gear I’m not using much of so I’m focusing on a handful of devices instead of a large quantity of devices. Instead of my going out there and buying up a bunch of random tech gear just to try different Accordance workflows on, I may enlist the help of the Accordance user base here and see how different users are using Accordance on different platforms and hear from more real-world users. On the iPadOS front, I may even see if @R. Mansfield would want to be a guest on a podcast since he loves iPadOS. I would enjoy featuring Rick and @Mark Allison to give Accordance users a chance to see them again.

Performance tests would be fun to see for sure. Accordance is certainly fast enough where it’s almost hard to measure its speed.

Accordance Computer vs iPad vs iPhone would make for a fun podcast and one I could do. I could show how I sit at my desk with Accordance desktop, lounge in a chair and sofa with Accordance iPad, and film myself around town (or out of town!) using Accordance iPhone. 

Real-world tasks are another major area I’d like to focus on. At times, I feel Logos’ demos are way too “sales oriented” where they show how flashy and impressive the features are, but they don’t teach you how to do Bible study. I want people to learn how to use Accordance in the real world, not just turn all our customers into volunteer sales demo reps.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Robb B said:

Production quality needs to be top notch. That other platform has garbage production quality. I'm sorry, but it's true. Everything looks staged and fake, low energy, poor use of effects, you rarely see the most interesting things they are discussing on screen. It's a train wreck. Please don't imitate anything they do in their videos.

Check out the YouTube channel MaxTech for top notch production quality. Those guys know what they're doing, from pacing, to energy level, to video and audio quality, to variety of content. Just really good stuff.

I’m going to post a question in Mainly Macintosh asking about production quality. I probably need to invest in some extra gear to really take my production quality up a notch. I’m sure Accordance users can give me some good suggestions there.

One thing I don’t use is a word-for-word script. I use a rough outline, but anytime I read a script, it sounds staged and fake. I do better by having a rough outline in my head, then speaking natural. I want it to come across as conversational, not a pre-scripted sales pitch.

20 hours ago, Kristin said:

Since you mentioned that you would demonstrate that the Word Study is useful for "non-scholar" types, I just wanted to clarify that I know this, and that is my concern. My work is exclusive to the Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, and I need EVERY word. That is why I usually do not use the Constructs and keys, since they are not as pin-point as doing it by hand in the original languages. A few weeks ago I attended a webinar called  "Version 14 Intermediate Word Studies" taught by Ryan, and after what I saw I said in the chat box that it looked like the Word Study was great for a quick guide, but could not come close to the accuracy I was doing by hand, and he agreed with my assessment. So that is why I don't personally see it being something I would use.

Thanks for the clarification! You’re probably doing well with your current workflow, but you’re welcome to try Word Study anytime and see if it gives you any delightful surprises. 🙂 

20 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

First,congrats. Hopefully your coming on board will calm some jittery nerves of where Accordance is heading and what is going on.

Thanks for the welcome! Let me see how many of your questions I can answer.

First, I will definitely be spending a ton of time here in the forums. Right now, the bulk of my role at Accordance is going to be the forums, plus some additional video and webinar training. As I move into more of a full-time role after graduation, I’ll be taking on additional duties, but still spending as much time in the forums as I am now (my role won’t change, I’ll just do what I’m doing and more). So you’re stuck with me in the forums for at least as long as I’m working here, which I hope is a long time. 🙂 

I’ll mention the buy/sell forums idea to marketing, or at least see if they have some recommendations on how users could set this up on a third-party website similar to the Facebook group but not on Facebook. I won’t promise we’ll do anything officially, but we’ll at least discuss it, and if it’s something users need to do themselves, I’ll be glad to coordinate with you to ensure such a third-party group is properly serving Accordance users while also properly being labeled as unofficial so as to ensure Accordance’s brand remains strong (unlike what happened with that one Bible society Facebook group me and Dr. J. joined years ago).

I know customer service and tech support reps personally at the company, and I can also do what I can anytime to ensure you have a pleasant customer service experience with Accordance. At anytime, if you’re feeling “underserved”, message me directly. I’ll do what I can to assist. I’m here to serve all of you.

I think Rick used to have access to live chat, and when he left, that might have been part of what caused a lapse in response. I’ll see if I can assist with some of the live chat or if that’s a different department and if so, who should monitor that.

Website changes will be more gradual, and some of it might be as I either take on additional duties in the company or as the development team has more time to work on certain features (such as Accordance Cloud), but feel free to keep the feedback coming, as it helps us prioritize everything.

We’ll try to do more to engage the community of users and attend some meetings, and I’d still like to find a way to enlist the assistance of Accordance users in helping us at meetings we’re unable to directly attend. I’ll discuss this more with our teams.

Theological tagging is something being discussed on the forums, and we’ll see what all we can do on this front.

I’m not sure if a rep from each department will have time to check a Q/A forum thread (for example, developers need to focus their time programming), but I can act as one of the frontline workers on the forums and ensure your questions/feedback are getting passed to the proper departments, and any responses I hear back, I can share here. That’ll give me a chance to earn my pay. 🙂 

Good feedback on the Brethren bundle and on strategies for adding books. On the TC debate, while I’ve read and thoroughly enjoy some of the works you’ve mentioned, part of the issue is finding out how much they’d actually sell. You could suggest the modules on the forums (although I know you’ve done some of that) and see how many Accordance users are interested in such works. For works that are lower-interest, for the ones that are public domain or are freely available, User Tools may be an option here.

Resources on the creation/evolution debate sound interesting. The key is to let us know specific titles that you believe would sell to a large Accordance audience and ones you’d invest in. That’ll help us to prioritize.

I don’t know if I received your links for ideas. Feel free to re-send.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

Great feedback!

On journals, I know Galaxie updates is something we’re working on but don’t have any specifics yet. What other specific journal titles would you like to see in Accordance?

Weekly sales will continue to be ongoing. Eventually I’ll be assisting with some of the planning of those.

Good points on theology tagging, and something we need to consider.

What enhancements would you like to see in Atlas?

Can you explain more on what you’re looking for in “Comprehensive Cross Refs”?

Subscriptions is something we’ve tried to shy away from. In the meantime, you can always continue to buy books or Accordance gift cards. 🙂 

11 hours ago, Erhard said:

It would be nice to have it on the website. It may require more categories though. Personally, when I look at resources, I would like to know if it is written from the perspective of the Bible being "The Inspired Word of God" and therefore correct in all it affirms. That would include the chronologies in Genesis, the world wide flood, miracles etc. I have found that I buy resources and then find out that the author writes from a somewhat secular, evolutionary perspective, thus undermining the authority of the Word of God and the Gospel. I would like to know if that is the approach the author takes, so that I do not waste my money on those resources. Obviously others will have different views on this, and they would likely also want information to make their choices.

Thanks for this!

9 hours ago, Erhard said:

It would likely also be good to have a basic Elder, Deacon Lay package with the modern Bibles like LSB, NASB, ESV etc, a good short commentary like the Believer's Bible Commentary, TSK and MacArthur's Bible handbook, a Bible Dictionary, the Mounce and KM Lexicons and a Bible Atlas. Keep it simple.

Thanks for both of your feedback posts!