Accordance User Marketing Survey

Dr. Nathan Parker

On 1/5/2023 at 7:43 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I think Rick used to have access to live chat, and when he left, that might have been part of what caused a lapse in response. I’ll see if I can assist with some of the live chat or if that’s a different department and if so, who should monitor that.

Um…no. I occasionally helped out with Live Chat during peak times, but it was never my regular gig. If no one is responding to chat, it’s not due to my leaving but rather other issues not related to me. 

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Like 2

Thanks for the clarification! Great to know.

On 1/6/2023 at 10:09 AM, Pastor Jonathan said:

Glad to hear you staying on here with us. It is good to have that connection to the company for sure. 

I am interested in the buy/sell, but that is something that I can take or leave. I just think it would open up more participation. 

I sent you a few listing ideas for a Brethren bundle as well as the links and will talk with you more privately. 

Regarding new resources, I understand the wish to make money off it, but there are, I am sure, some resources on the site (the Quran for example) that are not "popular" either so I wonder what the parameters were to allow that. Just on this site it looks like it is 50/50 split on whether wanted or not. If so, then I am not sure if the other things dealing with TC will make any other difference other than some may not agree with what is being proposed. But I will make the proposals and see where it goes from there. 

Thanks again for taking the time to go through this thread. It is not an easy feat. 

I would like to add a +1 to both comments regarding additional TC resources and for having a place on the forums to buy/sell used modules, etc (if that's a proper way to say it).

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback on TC resources. That’s an area that we’d have to simply get some user feedback on which ones would actually sell. For any public domain resources, don’t forget that User Tools are a great option, and they can be added to the Accordance Exchange to share with other Accordance users.

We’re likely not going to offer a place on the forums for buying/selling modules, as that could become a headache for our customer service teams. An Accordance user is looking at exploring an option similar to the user group on Facebook that provides a similar feature, but hosting his somewhere besides Facebook. If he does, me and customer service will collaborate with him to ensure it’s clear to Accordance users that it’s a user-created community and not an official Accordance channel. He can then announce his efforts here on the forums, should he decide to go through with it. I’m OK with users exploring such an option on their own, provided they make it clear that it’s a user-created group and not an official Accordance channel, but such an official option would be more than we’d want to get into at the moment here.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, Biblebob412 said:

Hi Nathan,

I'd love to see a sale on the NICOT/ NICNT or Word Biblical Commentary. They really come to life with the rapid searching Accordance offers. 

Ask and you shall receive

WBC IS ON SALE!!!!!!
https://www.accordancebible.com/product/word-biblical-commentary-61-volume-set/

so i hope you have been saving!

ot and nt sets also on sale if you just want a sub set

nivac is also on sale, its a set i enjoy using as it gets me thinking about the passage for devotional but wbc is my go to and i wouldnt want to be without now adays. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Glad to do it! 

I can't answer all the questions right now. But I'll say I don't like vaporware and I understand Accordance's position on not discussing what's in the works until it's ready to ship. I also don't appreciate the other guy's way of doing pre-release purchases with community bidding or some such nonsense. 

BUT, when you've got the rights to a module, and are working on it and confident it WILL come, even if not for months, it would be nice to have an announcement. I'd even be in favor of pre-release purchasing that may take months to deliver. 

• Like 6

Thanks! We’re discussing some form of "pre-order" system for modules in the future like we did with the Accordance 14 pre-order. Nothing specific to announce there yet, but that’s good feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, Biblebob412 said:

I'd love to see a sale on the NICOT/ NICNT or Word Biblical Commentary. They really come to life with the rapid searching Accordance offers. 

WBC a few weeks ago but if you didnt get it, NICOT/NICNT is on sale now. 

• Like 2

We’re putting all the good stuff on sale. 🙂 

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 5:52 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I’ll see what I can find out about Wisdom Commentary.

👍

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 10:00 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Good points. I’m trying to think through how Accordance could offer some packages to lay users who primarily use free apps like e-Sword and YouVersion and offer an “Upgrade to Accordance” marketing target. In that, we’d also highlight the Accordance advantages.

I used and still use free apps. Mostly TheWord.
TheWord has several preconfigured layouts with meaningful names. "Novice" is one of them and is exactly what is sounds like. Accordance is just being throw in the deep; swim or drown.

None of the resources teach new users how Accordance works. Yes I know there are a ton of video's but they all show seperate things. Real newbie video's are like this: In the NT Jesus said something that's a summary of a OT topic. Show how to follow crossreferences. Then show how to dig deeper with a wordstudy and commentaries, etc.
That brings me to something that's useful for new users and finacially good for Accordance.
Design a study as described above, now make availble stripped down version of the 500 top selling modules.

By that I mean if the example show how to read a fortress commentary, then make that single commentary availble for free.

Just like you do with snipped in the store. That brings me to another point. The store, sorry to say, is bad. Useless at times. Especially new users have to idea what a module does. At least 10 very clear and useful screen shots. So often only one picture. And often half of them totally useless. When buying a lexicon, I want to see examples of entries. Not an introduction what the Exodus is all about.

Accordance could learn a bit of the usability of free software. it are those tiny things like Gen 1 3 finds the verse without forcing me to use : or ,

I think the Info pane is great (for new users) but it should be more configureable. For example the user should have full and total control of the commentaries shown.  Why overload a (new) user with hits in hated commentaries?
For those always struggeling with screen space the abilty to configure which resource comes first is another way to simplify things.  I would put lexicons at top and commentaries at the bottom.

And please make Accordance multi-monitor friendly!  2x43" and 1x30" here. using all that extra space is next to impossible.
And brings me to another free software tip. I'll to explain. Few windows gives not enough info, and many clutter the screen or make panes to small. The simple solution to that is tabs. A general tab with a little of each. Then a tab full with lexicon, etc. I know Accordance has tabs that's not what I mean. Simply imagine you have 10 instances of accodance running each on their own screen with their own layout. Instead of physical screens the tabs switch between virtual screens.

The tabs/virtual screens should be fully linked. So when clicking a word on tab-1 instantly updates the other 9 tabs ready for study.

Finally get rid of that counterproductive rigid design what should in this area and what in another.

If I have 3 columns with Bibles, I want the libert to add a commentary in row 1, a lexicon in row 2 and nothing in row 3

In fact, each and every pane should be 100% free placeable. If for some weird reason I want to partly overlap another pane, that should be posssible. Why? Because doing things your own way is always the best and most productive way. For new users and for guru's.

32 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

The store, sorry to say, is bad. Useless at times.

I not only agree, but I think it is something which I know hurts sales. I agree about the images (how they often show the book cover as opposed to what is actually written), but perhaps a more serious issue is that the store will often say "no hits" for searched items, when I KNOW Accordance has the random product. There have also been multiple times where I search for something, the store says it doesn't exist, then months later I hear someone has it and can only find it in the store after asking the user for a direct link to the store.

38 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

The simple solution to that is tabs. A general tab with a little of each. Then a tab full with lexicon, etc.

I just wanted to mention that if this is implemented, I would request that it is optional and not a fundamental change to the software, as how they currently are in parallel is critical for my work flow.

I'll pass along the feedback.

The Info Pane should be fully customizable now on commentaries. You should be able to move around your commentaries in the order you want and "hide" the ones you don't want. Let me know though if there's more you need to do there.

On the tabs, if we did something like that, it would be optional. Our other tab system has been used since the early days of Accordance, so we wouldn't totally scrap it. :-)

We know there are some issues with the changes in the Accordance Store. We're gradually working on improving them. In the meantime, our sales reps can also assist you with any sales questions you have. They're fantastic and provide an extra level of a personal touch you don't get with a website. 

• Like 1