Update! Accordance 13.3.0 Windows/macOS

R. Mansfield

Accordance for Windows & macOS has been updated to v. 13.3.0 with new branding, updates to Research, bug fixes, and support for soon-to-be-released titles for the Accordance Library. Upgrade from within the app or download directly from our servers.

Changes
  • A new application icon and splash screen for version 13.3.0
  • When doing Greek/Hebrew Research, results in unicode Texts/Tools will now be displayed.

Fixes
  • Where Lexicon Live Click would build the wrong query, causing a Search failure..
  • Searching issues with a character wild card (?), when a range of characters is entered for original languages. For example, the wild card expression ?(α-γ) in Greek would find the characters αβψδεφγ (abcdefg in Latin characters), rather than just the characters αβγ, since γ is the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
  • Issue that was causing Text Comparison highlighting to be misaligned.
  • A unicode display error with Ellipsis in Research results.
  • Issue when copying from the first verse of a book while not in verses search mode.
  • Add Parallel Greek Diagram issues when GNT-T is not installed. Accordance would have trouble finding a substitue Greek Text and display an errant missing module dialog.
  • A few changes to better handle a missing Alternate HyperText module.
  • The “Text not available” error message could pop up for installed Texts due to capitalization issues in Tool hyperlinks.
  • When the page up and page down keys would fail for tall windows.
  • The “Strip All Marks, Add Spaces” export setting was adding spaces in the wrong locations.
  • The “Show Spaces” text display preference was not being saved.
  • User bible import should now more reliably accept tabs as delimiters after the verse reference.
  • Potential hang that could occur for certain Searches.
  • Crash that could occur when copying as citation from the Research pane.
  • Patched a crash that could occur when scrolling through Research results and scrolling the Info Pane.
  • Crash that could occur when opening a workspace with a Web Browser that was opening a Bible link.
  • Crash that could sometimes occur when opening a module.
  • Patched a few crashes that could occur after a failed User Bible import.

Mac specific fix
  • The Amplify menu would stay greyed under certain conditions.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

what does "support for soon-to-be-released titles for the Accordance Library" - I assume must be something big as normal a .x release (as opposed to a x.x) would have some new features and not just bug fixes?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

what does "support for soon-to-be-released titles for the Accordance Library" - I assume must be something big as normal a .x release (as opposed to a x.x) would have some new features and not just bug fixes?

I'm curious to @Leopold Green

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, Leopold Green said:

On 9/11/2021 at 8:05 AM, Michael Hunt said:

I'm curious to @Leopold Green

Looks like this (https://accordancebible.com/exciting-and-new/) is the answer then, or should we be expecting something else @R. Mansfield?

Edited by Michael Hunt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael Hunt said:

Looks like this (https://accordancebible.com/exciting-and-new/) is the answer then, or should we be expecting something else @R. Mansfield?

Yes, both of the new Brill dictionaries require 13.3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fabian said:

Thats definitiv the answer as they need 13.3 for the Greek unicode support. 

13.2.x provided the unicode support. And 13.3 provided the ability for these tools to be used as default amplify lexicons.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

13.2.x provided the unicode support. And 13.3 provided the ability for these tools to be used as default amplify lexicons.

Does this say: Unicode support for the User Tool is coming?

Just now, Fabian said:

Does this say: Unicode support for the User Tool is coming?

No, but one can hope. Light a candle for unicode support in User Tools.

Not a huge fan of interactive elements on a splash screen. Not going to rage at it or anything but I could do without it.

And I could turn off the splash screen, but I like splash screens in general and I appreciate how they change over time. But I'm weird that way. I am grateful for no other ads in the interface, and hope it will always be that way.