News on Accordance 14?

Teddy24

I’m happy to wait for them to debug more before they release it. 13.2 seemed a bit premature.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:07 AM, jlm said:

I’m happy to wait for them to debug more before they release it. 13.2 seemed a bit premature.

Agreed, I'd much rather them wait till its ready than release it not ready simply because of a date.

• Like 2

Everyone's patience will be rewarded--just not in November, 2021.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the option of specifying the text size for the footnotes. Currently it puts it in at 9 pts regardless of the default font size in Word. Logos puts it in at the default font size of the document, so it would be nice to choose either the default font of the document or even specify the size at which it is inserted

18 hours ago, Erhard said:

I would like to see the option of specifying the text size for the footnotes. Currently it puts it in at 9 pts regardless of the default font size in Word. Logos puts it in at the default font size of the document, so it would be nice to choose either the default font of the document or even specify the size at which it is inserted

Yes, please! Being able to specify the size of the footnotes—without that changing the other sizes in Instant Details—would be a great improvement. As it is now, mousing over a footnote hyperlink generally shows a very small note in IDs. Making those notes the same size as default details is impossible, because doing so makes the other details much larger. This has been requested in the past and it would make for a much more enjoyable reading experience.

• Like 3

should we tell everyone about the new experimental "Export to Brain" feature that will eliminate the need for memorizing forever?

Is this some kind of cable that plugs into our brain and downloads all the info in Accordance directly into our brains??  I like it!  Like the movie "Matrix."  (Can we also get some martial arts modules in Accordance, and maybe auto mechanic stuff?)

However, the ancient scholars who had to manually turn Torah scrolls, or even read manuscripts under candlelight are already going to be mad enough when they find out we had all this stuff on computers.  I'm concerned this whole "cable-to-the brain" thing might push them completely over the edge 😀

I'd like a t-r-u-l-y literal Hebrew / Greek search option in the Research Tab, like in BibleWorks; and I'd like the new "Find on Page" utility (which I love!) to have "Highlight all matches" option, so we don't just get one result at a time.

Thanks!

Edited by TYA
  • Like 4

I have some guesses what will come in Accordance 14. But in one I'm totally sure it will come. MORE BUGS.

As I purchased Accordance, they claimed their software is as bug free as possible. Ha ha. A half year before 13 came out I wrote to Joel in the time until 13 comes out it would be great if as many bugs can be fixed as possible. Nothing happens. The bugs are still there. Sometimes I think, why I report all the bugs if the landed in the round folder (trash).

• Confused 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, R. Mansfield said:

Everyone's patience will be rewarded--just not in November, 2021.

Makes me a little sad.  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rick, you were spot on...nothing in November.  Full on hope for December!!

3 minutes ago, calton said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rick

I think most people on this thread are looking for Accordance 14 running on MacOS or Windows, not WINE.

😝

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

On 12/1/2021 at 10:06 AM, calton said:

All i want for Christmas is accordance 14

Edited by Teddy24
  • Like 3

On 12/7/2021 at 7:58 AM, Teddy24 said:

All i want for Christmas is accordance 14

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me . . . Accordance 14!

24 minutes ago, kennete said:

I'm guessing that Accordance 14 will come on December 14th.

I'm not.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

I'm not.

Somehow (and sadly), that has the ring of authority.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I'm not.

One could say he is not guessing!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of makes me wonder if they are just trying to get 14 stable and working rather than fixing the issues with 13.3.2. Hopefully we will see 14 soon.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 9:00 AM, Erhard said:

Kind of makes me wonder if they are just trying to get 14 stable and working rather than fixing the issues with 13.3.2. Hopefully we will see 14 soon.

I assure you we're not abandoning 13.x.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 8:49 AM, Bryan Sherwood said:

Well, are we shooting for 2022?  🙂

Yes. I think I've been suggesting this all along 🙂 

6 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Yes. I think I've been suggesting this all along 🙂 

Hopefully closer to the beginning than the end though 🙂

Just now, Erhard said:

Hopefully closer to the beginning than the end though 🙂

Hopefully.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 6:05 PM, R. Mansfield said:

Hopefully.

also the focus lies on fixing bugs. As 13 has more than a year of development to fix them all.

• Like 1