News on Accordance 14?

Teddy24

I am curious if there is any more news about accordance 14? It was mentioned in a recent webinar that it was coming in October

In light of recent stability issues with the release of 13.2, we don’t want to rush a release just for the sake of releasing it. Although, it’s not definite, I would not look for v. 14 in October. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

In light of recent stability issues with the release of 13.2, we don’t want to rush a release just for the sake of releasing it.

While I admit I am on 13.1.7 and have not been having issues, I just wanted to mention that I really, really appreciate Accordance's philosophy to not rush things for the sake of announcements.

• Like 7

OK we won't look for it in October - I do agree that as great as it is to get a new version I would rather wait for a few extra months and get a stable, less buggy, version

Can I ask about the iOS version - that seems to need more attention in that still can't use hebrew texts and as a general point it needs more than just two columns (especially if you have a larger size tablet)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

Can I ask about the iOS version - that seems to need more attention in that still can't use hebrew texts and as a general point it needs more than just two columns (especially if you have a larger size tablet)

Leopold

Have you tried deleting your Hebrew texts on your iOS device and then use Easy Install on it? That enabled me to download earlier version (1.x), which will run on the latest release version of iOS Accordance.

Hi Michael

I saw that but was a bit nervous to mess with it (especially if there was going to be a quick fix) - also how/when would I get the later versions back - sorry I know I am being dim - I don't really understand how Accordance works on iPadOS in the same way that I do on the Mac

The good news is that even though version 14 may be delayed a little, it's currently under development and there are some cool new features we're really excited for everyone to see!

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

...there are some cool new features we're really excited for everyone to see!

@Mark Allison, should we tell everyone about the new experimental "Export to Brain" feature that will eliminate the need for memorizing forever?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

Hi Michael

I saw that but was a bit nervous to mess with it (especially if there was going to be a quick fix) - also how/when would I get the later versions back - sorry I know I am being dim - I don't really understand how Accordance works on iPadOS in the same way that I do on the Mac

Leopold

My understanding is that the coming iOS version of Accordance will handle the most recent version of the Hebrew texts (2.x). It is a temporary situation. iOS just is not as far along as the desktop macOS/Windows Accordance.

Accordance staff may have additional comments.

Shalom, Michael

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 3:37 AM, Teddy24 said:

I am curious if there is any more news about accordance 14? It was mentioned in a recent webinar that it was coming in October

As I'm always been eager for new features, foremost the ones I requested. 

I would now love if Accordance first keep an eye on debugging Accordance. I have reported over the years dozens of bugs which are still in the queue. 

• Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, R. Mansfield said:

@Mark Allison, should we tell everyone about the new experimental "Export to Brain" feature that will eliminate the need for memorizing forever?

Yes - please. This is very intriguing. 👍:)

I'm in the beta test and the "Export to Brain" feature is really cool. It's also got a kind of synchronous feature called Instant Install. I just bought a new Mac and once I unboxed it and logged into my Apple Account, I rebooted and just wished Accordance was installed and it was. It loads from your brain to the computer. All you have to do is hit the finger ID or use a Windows computer with Facial recognition. It's great, but has a few bugs. All your books are in Swahili right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to my post above. I would love to see features BW (+ WS) had which are still missing in Accordance. 

• Like 1

Hi Fabian

which features are you thinking of?

• 1 month later...

Will it have Dark Mode on Windows? It's all I'm asking for :D

Edited by William Brooks
  • Like 2

and style sheets, please, please, please let there be style sheets to allow the quick formatting of large libraries

some sort of export in markdown would be good too (even better a way to link into Ulysses sheets)

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, Mark Allison said:

The good news is that even though version 14 may be delayed a little, it's currently under development and there are some cool new features we're really excited for everyone to see!

Any updates? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, William Brooks said:

Will it have Dark Mode on Windows? It's all I'm asking for :D

I second the request above!

8 hours ago, Steven MacDonald said:

More copy features like Bibleworks had?  Please 🙂

Yes, please! The ability to customize quotation formats and abbreviations for the biblical books—and to do it in a quick and relatively painless way—was a feature I really appreciated. 

• Like 3

I'm also still holding out for 1) more precise analytics

2)justified margins,

3) TOCs for ALL resources—as is already the case in the iOS version,

4) a better display window that allows you to see, not just the closest title, subtitle or sub-subtitle but the ressource, the chapter, titles and subtitles.

Any or all (and preferably all!) would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

I’m hoping for multiple columns on reading mode. 👌.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, curtisg1516 said:

I’m hoping for multiple columns on reading mode. 👌.

+1 for this.

(I have the iOS app installed on my MacBook Pro so that when reading text for an extended time, I can have it in columns.)

I definitely don’t mind waiting! Expecting a release on a certain set date is too Cliché 👍😁👌

• Like 1