Does Accordance Have a Web App?

Diatheke76

16 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

I can't remember the last time I referenced a printed work that was available digitally. It's been years. LOTS of years. 

I have a few of my resources on digital but I am old school I guess. When looking at the TDNT I still pull out the hardcover. 

For me there is just something elegant and comforting about holding a book. 

When I am traceling, I will use digital as it is easier but in my office, a book is just hard to beat for me. 

• Like 1

I own a handful of critical resources in print, just in case i have a major power/Internet/tech outage and need something to fall back on. I consider them my "deserted island books". At least I could still continue studying the Bible without technology if I "needed to". 

In terms of Linux, Accordance is about to have another Linux advocate. I just ordered a System76 machine, and also going to order a license to CrossOver. I'm going to try really hard to get the Windows version of Accordance singing on Linux using CrossOver. Can't make any promises (I might still need to fall back to a Windows VM), but since Linux is about to become more of a daily driver for me, it's a project on my list.

Coming up, it's also possible I'll be in a better position to chat with the Windows developer so I have more info on this project. Not sure about that yet either, but I "may" be getting a chance to interact more with the Accordance staff in the future (which would be a ton of fun).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:10 PM, Mark Allison said:

Yes; it would be really cool if Accordance could find a way to develop a web app without taxing any of our internal resources. 

I would be interested in making one, for free.

I am currently learning full-stack web development, and I would be glad if could create this as an additional independent project (which I could also show on my portfolio, of possible). React for frontend, backend flexible. 

I cannot imagine any better project than the one which brings glory to God and helps people to study His Word.

Of course, it would be a multistage project, and I am not sure how far I could take it, but getting something ready with an ability to access and search Bibles/books shouldn't be too difficult/take too long. 

Just let me know if you would be interested. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I own a handful of critical resources in print, just in case i have a major power/Internet/tech outage and need something to fall back on. I consider them my "deserted island books". At least I could still continue studying the Bible without technology if I "needed to". 

In terms of Linux, Accordance is about to have another Linux advocate. I just ordered a System76 machine, and also going to order a license to CrossOver. I'm going to try really hard to get the Windows version of Accordance singing on Linux using CrossOver. Can't make any promises (I might still need to fall back to a Windows VM), but since Linux is about to become more of a daily driver for me, it's a project on my list.

Coming up, it's also possible I'll be in a better position to chat with the Windows developer so I have more info on this project. Not sure about that yet either, but I "may" be getting a chance to interact more with the Accordance staff in the future (which would be a ton of fun).

If you can make this happen and Accordance includes a Debian/Ubuntu download on the download page! WOW That is a huge game changedr for Linux users and Bible students! 

I have never used Crossover so I may need to explore. 

As for paying the royalties, that can still be done as proprietary files. So Accordance can work on Linux. 

Not sure about a 76system but I am using Mint and PureOS. 

PureOS is the same company behind Librem 5 phone. 

5 hours ago, rokas said:

I would be interested in making one, for free.

I am currently learning full-stack web development, and I would be glad if could create this as an additional independent project (which I could also show on my portfolio, of possible). React for frontend, backend flexible. 

I cannot imagine any better project than the one which brings glory to God and helps people to study His Word.

Of course, it would be a multistage project, and I am not sure how far I could take it, but getting something ready with an ability to access and search Bibles/books shouldn't be too difficult/take too long. 

Just let me know if you would be interested. 

You are speaking way above my paygrade but I am excited to see if you can do this. I would love to try an online system. 

On 2/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, Pastor Jonathan said:

If you can make this happen and Accordance includes a Debian/Ubuntu download on the download page! WOW That is a huge game changedr for Linux users and Bible students! 

I have never used Crossover so I may need to explore. 

As for paying the royalties, that can still be done as proprietary files. So Accordance can work on Linux. 

Not sure about a 76system but I am using Mint and PureOS. 

PureOS is the same company behind Librem 5 phone. 

At the moment, if I manage to get Accordance running on CrossOver, there wouldn't be an "Accordance for Linux" DEB download on the download page. 

What I would do is attempt to hammer out how to install CrossOver for Linux on a Linux machine, then setup the "CrossOver Bottle" Accordance for Windows would need to run in, and walk a user through how to install Accordance for Windows in the "CrossOver Bottle". If there are any other Windows components required to install Accordance for Windows in the "CrossOver Bottle", I'd include those as well I would likely offer these instructions as a forum post on here, and if they're too complicated, include a screencast. I could then keep the instructions updated with new versions of Accordance.

Since I don't work for Accordance (yet), that would be the scope of what I'd currently be able to do.

My instructions would possibly also work with the free version of WINE (what CrossOver is built on), but I'd go ahead and pay the small license fee for the commercial version of CrossOver so I can get premium support if I need it to figure this out.

There are ways that companies can partner with CrossOver to release a turn-key version of their app that's pre-wrapped in a "CrossOver Bottle" where you basically click install, and the installer installs the "CrossOver Bottle" and the app for you. That's how Nota Bene is releasing their Mac version. Accordance likely couldn't do this for free since it involves paying licensing/support costs to CrossOver (Nota Bene charges Mac users a $20 surcharge for the Mac version to cover their CrossOver licensing costs). The only way Accordance could likely theoretically pull off this route is if enough Linux users said "we want it, and we're willing to pay a small surcharge to cover the CrossOver licensing costs to do it". Then in that case, Accordance could possibly pull it off without shelling out-of-pocket for any major development expenses.

That's how Nota Bene does it for their Mac version. I'm not speaking for Accordance on any of this (at the moment, I'm just an Accordance user). I'm just stating scenarios that other companies have done that are possible options. In the meantime, once I get my System76 machine in hand and CrossOver running on it, I'll hammer away at trying to get Accordance for Windows running on it. If I am successful, I'll post the instructions here. That way there will be at least one unofficial method to pull it off if I can succeed at pulling it off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

At the moment, if I manage to get Accordance running on CrossOver, there wouldn't be an "Accordance for Linux" DEB download on the download page. 

What I would do is attempt to hammer out how to install CrossOver for Linux on a Linux machine, then setup the "CrossOver Bottle" Accordance for Windows would need to run in, and walk a user through how to install Accordance for Windows in the "CrossOver Bottle". If there are any other Windows components required to install Accordance for Windows in the "CrossOver Bottle", I'd include those as well I would likely offer these instructions as a forum post on here, and if they're too complicated, include a screencast. I could then keep the instructions updated with new versions of Accordance.

Since I don't work for Accordance (yet), that would be the scope of what I'd currently be able to do.

My instructions would possibly also work with the free version of WINE (what CrossOver is built on), but I'd go ahead and pay the small license fee for the commercial version of CrossOver so I can get premium support if I need it to figure this out.

There are ways that companies can partner with CrossOver to release a turn-key version of their app that's pre-wrapped in a "CrossOver Bottle" where you basically click install, and the installer installs the "CrossOver Bottle" and the app for you. That's how Nota Bene is releasing their Mac version. Accordance likely couldn't do this for free since it involves paying licensing/support costs to CrossOver (Nota Bene charges Mac users a $20 surcharge for the Mac version to cover their CrossOver licensing costs). The only way Accordance could likely theoretically pull off this route is if enough Linux users said "we want it, and we're willing to pay a small surcharge to cover the CrossOver licensing costs to do it". Then in that case, Accordance could possibly pull it off without shelling out-of-pocket for any major development expenses.

That's how Nota Bene does it for their Mac version. I'm not speaking for Accordance on any of this (at the moment, I'm just an Accordance user). I'm just stating scenarios that other companies have done that are possible options. In the meantime, once I get my System76 machine in hand and CrossOver running on it, I'll hammer away at trying to get Accordance for Windows running on it. If I am successful, I'll post the instructions here. That way there will be at least one unofficial method to pull it off if I can succeed at pulling it off.

And I agree. If I could pay a license fee and have it run natively on Linux, that would be the easiest choice of money use. 

Hi, Nathan,

We’ve been having this conversation for at least five years now.

Fabian requested “Linux Android Crossover for Accordance?” in 2016, at https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/20376-linux-android-crossover-for-accordance/#comment-98867

In that thread I said, “What I want to mention is how BW worked very well in Wine and even better in Crossover. Now that I have a Mac mini and can run Crossover’s bottled version of BW for Mac, I can say that BW in Crossover Linux worked almost as well as the Mac bottled version, and both almost as well as BW in its native Windows environment. So, I believe the Crossover staff would be able to develop a very good bottled version of Acc for Linux. Then, one could run the full Acc version on an Android tablet running Linux, or on a Linux laptop or desktop.”

I also requested, “Partnering with Crossover for an Android Installer” at https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/16936-partnering-with-crossover-for-an-android-installer/#comment-81988

If I recall correctly, some of us (including me) got Acc 10 to work, and Acc 11 with flickering. But those with much better technical skills couldn’t get 12 or 13 to work. That is why Fabian, I, and others have been requesting that Accordance partner with Crossover, for years now.

So, I wish you the best of luck. And I think that all Accordance on Linux enthusiasts would be willing to pay a surcharge, no matter if it was via Crossover or a native app.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

With the growth of Linux, I am surprised they haven't jumped on this. 

I know that the group is small but in my circle of friends I have seen several leave Mac and Windows to go to Linux. 

Getting the jump now would put them ahead. If licensing is that important, if it is $60ish to upgrade to 14, I would gladly pay $100 to have 14 on Linux natively. That covers the build and possible license. 

I am a simpleton on programming but am willing to pay (within reason) a charge for this type of service. If I was smart, I would offer freelance, and charge for the license and a bit for my skill. 

But I am not. :(

• Like 1

And as far as a native app goes, I’ve said before that “Acc could produce their own Linux distro to run Accordance,” called “Accordlinx: Powered by Accordance, with Unity Desktop

מה־טוב ומה־נעים שבת אחים גם־יחד   (Ps. 133:1)

With a few tweaks, Acc would look like it was running in Snow Leopard.”

(https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/7270-powered-by-accordance/#comment-86759)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Michel Gilbert said:

And as far as a native app goes, I’ve said before that “Acc could produce their own Linux distro to run Accordance,” called “Accordlinx: Powered by Accordance, with Unity Desktop

מה־טוב ומה־נעים שבת אחים גם־יחד   (Ps. 133:1)

With a few tweaks, Acc would look like it was running in Snow Leopard.”

(https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/7270-powered-by-accordance/#comment-86759)

Snow Leopard? That is one I have not heard. 

I haven't followed the link yet but what or how hard are the tweaks? 

Asking because I don't know enough and I am able to do basic Linux stuff right now. 

Xiphos has a Linux Bible tool but it doesn't have the depth and power of Accordance. But also doesn't have Windows looking over our shoulder either. 

19 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

Getting the jump now would put them ahead.

Absolutely! Accordance would earn major new respect if it could run on Linux before the competitor. It would attract the lion's share of new, Linux-oriented customers to premium Bible software. However, if Accordance is second, those customers might be lost forever to the competitor that won the race.

• Like 2

I am just wondering, from a programer or employee, what is the biggest road block for this? 

I am not exactly sure if I understand it so this is just an enquiry type question. 

If you don't want it public, feel free to message me. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Daniel L said:

Absolutely! Accordance would earn major new respect if it could run on Linux before the competitor. It would attract the lion's share of new, Linux-oriented customers to premium Bible software. However, if Accordance is second, those customers might be lost forever to the competitor that won the race.

I would hate for them to miss out on this for sure. 

Other competitors are pumping out major advertisements but what a great way to come back on this. 

Just a thought. But if there are those on here that can program, maybe making it a controlled crowd project with those who are registered users and are verified, with NDAs in place for the program coding itself, maybe they would be a very beneficial team. 

• Like 1

CrossOver is working on getting my account setup, then I'll purchase a license to it, and give it a major try. Since I'll have access to CrossOver Support through the license, I'll see if between myself and CrossOver Support if we can figure it out.

If we succeed, I'll definitely post the instructions here so others can give it a try. I'll give it all I've got before I throw in the towel and switch to a Windows VM.

Accordance's biggest competitor can now overall run successfully on Linux using WINE (with a few minor issues) thanks to a community effort. I'm trying to see if any of them are willing to put in some effort for Accordance as well. Their solution to getting Accordance's biggest competitor running smoothly on Linux is working well enough where Linux users are going to be eyeballing it as the Bible app of choice for Linux, but I'd like those same people eyeballing Accordance as their choice. Since Accordance has far less overall required specs than their biggest competitor, technically there should be a way to pull this off. 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

CrossOver is working on getting my account setup, then I'll purchase a license to it, and give it a major try. Since I'll have access to CrossOver Support through the license, I'll see if between myself and CrossOver Support if we can figure it out.

If we succeed, I'll definitely post the instructions here so others can give it a try. I'll give it all I've got before I throw in the towel and switch to a Windows VM.

Accordance's biggest competitor can now overall run successfully on Linux using WINE (with a few minor issues) thanks to a community effort. I'm trying to see if any of them are willing to put in some effort for Accordance as well. Their solution to getting Accordance's biggest competitor running smoothly on Linux is working well enough where Linux users are going to be eyeballing it as the Bible app of choice for Linux, but I'd like those same people eyeballing Accordance as their choice. Since Accordance has far less overall required specs than their biggest competitor, technically there should be a way to pull this off. 

Please do. I am very interested. 

As for the competitor, they are getting close. Very close if they are running on Wine. If they get a native app on Linux first, I don't see Accordance closing the gap and...well...that doesn't end well. 

Surely, working with the Linux community they can fast track this. But just my hairbrained idea. 

• Like 1

Will do. 

As for the competitor, it's a community of their users who are undertaking the effort (it's not development happening within the company itself). They're basically doing what I'm attempting to do with Accordance, but they're a little more Linux-savvy than myself. So far, their efforts have overall gone well where the software is highly usable on Linux (I've tried it myself) and overall easy to install. The company itself would likely not offer support for anything that'd not function with it, so one would have to reach out to that community of users for support.

Since it runs well on Linux though (with a few minor glitches), and since Accordance uses far fewer resources than the other app, I don't see why it's not technically possible to pull it off, if I can just find the right way to do it.

I don't see the other competitor getting a native Linux app developed anytime in the near future. They do have a web app that runs decently. They likely consider this their Linux recommendation. I could be wrong (since I have no inside knowledge of what they do), but I don't see a native Linux app in their near future either. Getting the Windows app (of both Accordance and them) running on WINE or CrossOver seems to be a sensible route that the community can work together on and provide a solution (at least until desktop Linux would become mainstream enough to justify a native Linux app, which as more people pivot away from "big tech", it'll be interesting to see what the future holds for Linux user adoption at the desktop level).

• Thanks 2

On 2/7/2022 at 6:17 PM, Pastor Jonathan said:

I am just wondering, from a programer or employee, what is the biggest road block for this? 

If you're asking why we don't jump in and create a Linux version, it's simple economics: not enough demand. I know it's a chicken and egg thing because perhaps we'd get more users if we offered a Linux version, but that's not a guarantee. It'd be one thing if we had hundreds or even thousands of users requesting a Linux version. But we have a dozen or two.

So what it means is that we'd have to either hire new developers or pull developers from current projects to make that happen. Then we'd also have to train support staff in how to use Linux. All of that is actually a very expensive suggestion. 

Consider the fact that there are no native versions of MS Word or Photoshop on Linux. These companies are MUCH bigger than us, but they don't even want to use their vast resources to create Linux versions. 

Having said all that, if this group gets a viable Linux version working, I'll test it in my off-time and we'll be happy to promote it. If we were able to determine that large numbers were using Accordance in Linux, we could certainly rethink our plans.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Will do. 

As for the competitor, it's a community of their users who are undertaking the effort (it's not development happening within the company itself). They're basically doing what I'm attempting to do with Accordance, but they're a little more Linux-savvy than myself. So far, their efforts have overall gone well where the software is highly usable on Linux (I've tried it myself) and overall easy to install. The company itself would likely not offer support for anything that'd not function with it, so one would have to reach out to that community of users for support.

Since it runs well on Linux though (with a few minor glitches), and since Accordance uses far fewer resources than the other app, I don't see why it's not technically possible to pull it off, if I can just find the right way to do it.

I don't see the other competitor getting a native Linux app developed anytime in the near future. They do have a web app that runs decently. They likely consider this their Linux recommendation. I could be wrong (since I have no inside knowledge of what they do), but I don't see a native Linux app in their near future either. Getting the Windows app (of both Accordance and them) running on WINE or CrossOver seems to be a sensible route that the community can work together on and provide a solution (at least until desktop Linux would become mainstream enough to justify a native Linux app, which as more people pivot away from "big tech", it'll be interesting to see what the future holds for Linux user adoption at the desktop level).

That is good to know. I thought that they were jumping in it. I didn't know it was a group working on it instead of the company. 

If you can get it, I will absolutely throw my hat into the process you get up and running to have it on my Linux. 

38 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

If you're asking why we don't jump in and create a Linux version, it's simple economics: not enough demand. I know it's a chicken and egg thing because perhaps we'd get more users if we offered a Linux version, but that's not a guarantee. It'd be one thing if we had hundreds or even thousands of users requesting a Linux version. But we have a dozen or two.

So what it means is that we'd have to either hire new developers or pull developers from current projects to make that happen. Then we'd also have to train support staff in how to use Linux. All of that is actually a very expensive suggestion. 

Consider the fact that there are no native versions of MS Word or Photoshop on Linux. These companies are MUCH bigger than us, but they don't even want to use their vast resources to create Linux versions. 

Having said all that, if this group gets a viable Linux version working, I'll test it in my off-time and we'll be happy to promote it. If we were able to determine that large numbers were using Accordance in Linux, we could certainly rethink our plans.

Ok. I understand that. As I said, I am not programmer or even aware of the inside operations of Accordance. 

If numbers are a thing, and it is an Egg/Chicken process, could I suggest doing a poll? Maybe jump on a Christian board and see who uses Linux and if they don't, would they if they could get Accordance for Linux? At least you would have some numbers to play with. 

But besides this, I see the issue with the money and while Linux is a powerful OS, I do see the need to make sure it is viable. 

Hopefully the group being referenced here gets Accordance to work on 13 and hopefully 14 so I can switch over and get it for me. 

Is Accordance able to do a joint work with CrossOver to try integrating it even more? It would take the programming work off you all but yet still allow there to be a joint help with them by bringing them customers? Just my .02. 

Jump on 

Rick is correct when it comes to development resources. At the present moment, there's simply not enough Linux users to justify the investment in a native Linux app, especially for a smaller company such as Accordance. 

Short-term, if a web app were to offer overall solid functionality (similar to the way that Accordance's major competitor has been gradually offering a web app that offers much of the functionality of the desktop app), that would help Accordance users, with the main limitation being always-needing Internet access.

Medium-term, if a community effort can get Accordance for Windows running on WINE or CrossOver (similar to what is being done with Accordance's major competitor), that's going to be the most viable option of getting Accordance running on desktop Linux for the time being. Now that I'm about to own a dedicated Linux machine and invest in CrossOver, I'm willing to personally put the time/effort into doing whatever I can to get it going. This way Accordance has a potential option without investing in any funds into development/training/support. Consider it my gift to Accordance.

Long-term, while it's technically possible to perform joint work with CrossOver (similar to what Nota Bene did with their Mac app), for Accordance to initiate it, such an effort would still involve some form of cost (specifically for CrossOver licensing). Hence why I'm willing to undertake the effort myself if possible. I'll already have a CrossOver license and access to CrossOver support by paying out-of-pocket for it (since I need it for other apps). Instead of Accordance needing to spend any cost/time/effort into this undertaking, why not let someone else do it for them? CrossOver has provided me with a few "kitchen sink" CrossOver bottles (and I may be able to get one more from them) that might play better with Accordance than some of the other bottles. If they still don't work well, I'll keep working with CrossOver personally to attempt to figure out the errors, and it's possible down the road I may be in a better position to learn more from Accordance's Windows developer on what particular Windows components Accordance uses that would need to be installed in a CrossOver bottle. 

In terms of a poll, my guess is most Accordance users probably join these Accordance forums, so Accordance users running Linux chiming in on here are would be the best way for Accordance staff members to know how many there are. My recommendation would be to encourage other Accordance users running Linux to join these forums and send in their feedback (along with any other feedback on Accordance that the Accordance staff would use!). 

My machine arrives on Friday, and I'll probably purchase CrossOver next week. Might be a few weeks before I begin the undertaking since I need time to get settled into it. I'm still fairly new to Pop!_OS (the Linux distro running on the System76 notebook), so I'll need some time to adjust. Once I'm settled in though, it'll be one of my first major projects.

• Like 3

A few comments on the above. In regard to the utilization of Crossover by NotaBene, this was done to get NotaBene users on the Mac, where there is a much greater potential customer base than Linux. And a lot of longtime NotaBene users wanted to move to the Mac or had already done so, so NB had a vested interest in keeping their customers and gaining new ones as opposed to losing them to programs like Mellel. Yes, I know that there are some NotaBene users using Linux (I get the email digest from NB), but this has never been the company's focus and was not their goal with Crossover. 

Active users in the forums represent only a small percentage of our total users. Like probably a lower single digit percentage. However, the forums represent two overlapping groups of users: most enthusiastic users and most technologically-savvy users. Polls inside this group or outside it wouldn't tell us much. As I mentioned the other day, even the big players like Microsoft and Adobe don't have native apps for their major software applications. That's poll enough for us, unfortunately.

That's not meant to be discouraging. All of it is just reality. I think Linux is great, and I've used it at times. But I've heard people saying it's "the year of desktop Linux" since the 90s and that's yet to pan out. I used to think that I might move over to it one day, but it's not realistic for me. I have programs I really like and use a lot like Accordance, Mellel, and Devonthink Pro. I'm not going to be able to use those on Linux. I'm not going to be able to receive texts from my iPhone on a Linux laptop like I can with my MacBook Pro. I like the synchronicity between my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad. And truthfully, I've got no beef with Apple and am thoroughly comfortable with it being the basis of what I do with computers and mobile devices. Again, that's just me; not saying it's right for anyone else. 

Nevertheless, as I said, if Accordance users can get Crossover or some other means to get Accordance running in Linux, I will test it on my own time, and we would at promote it in social media and encourage it where we can. But we would probably never support it (train support staff, dedicate website space, etc.) unless we had significant numbers of users. What does significant mean--hundreds? thousands? I don't know. 

• Like 2

Good pointers from Rick, and I'll add one more thing. "If" I'm successful at getting Accordance running on CrossOver (and post the instructions on how to do it), I'll also step up to the plate and do my best to offer support for any Accordance users who try it. I'd watch the forums (since this is the place I'd post the instructions) and PM my email or phone number to any Accordance user who is really stuck. 

Next year I'll be making a more substantial investment in a new machine, and I'm trying to decide if I want to pivot to an Apple Silicon Mac or pivot to Linux as my daily driver. I've always enjoyed my Macs, but my overall use of tech has dramatically simplified, so I may be in a better position to use Linux more as a daily driver than I was a few years ago. The System76 notebook I invested in wasn't a major investment (the least expensive notebook I've ever purchased, with my first Mac being the second least expensive notebook I've purchased), so it gives me a chance to test the waters for a year and see what I can do on Linux and what I can't do. Even if it turns out I can't fully use Linux as my daily driver, I can always re-purpose the machine for hobbyist use such as HAM radio. In the meantime, if I can use it to help Accordance users who use Linux, then it's my gift to the Accordance community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/13/2022 at 12:49 AM, Nathan Parker said:

Good pointers from Rick, and I'll add one more thing. "If" I'm successful at getting Accordance running on CrossOver (and post the instructions on how to do it), I'll also step up to the plate and do my best to offer support for any Accordance users who try it. I'd watch the forums (since this is the place I'd post the instructions) and PM my email or phone number to any Accordance user who is really stuck. 

Next year I'll be making a more substantial investment in a new machine, and I'm trying to decide if I want to pivot to an Apple Silicon Mac or pivot to Linux as my daily driver. I've always enjoyed my Macs, but my overall use of tech has dramatically simplified, so I may be in a better position to use Linux more as a daily driver than I was a few years ago. The System76 notebook I invested in wasn't a major investment (the least expensive notebook I've ever purchased, with my first Mac being the second least expensive notebook I've purchased), so it gives me a chance to test the waters for a year and see what I can do on Linux and what I can't do. Even if it turns out I can't fully use Linux as my daily driver, I can always re-purpose the machine for hobbyist use such as HAM radio. In the meantime, if I can use it to help Accordance users who use Linux, then it's my gift to the Accordance community.

I have a question: 

Accordance for Win is still a 32bit app. Would be a 64bit app better for CrossOver? If yes then I think it would be good OakTree lift the Win app to 64bit.

32 vs 64 Bit won’t make a difference since CrossOver can do 32 Bir or 64 Bit bottles. 32 Bit is even more reliable at times since 64 Bit is still a work in progress with WINE and CrossOver (some stuff runs, but not everything runs flawlessly). Most of the apps I’ll be running on CrossOver are likely 32 Bit anyway. The current version of Accordance is enough for me to try to get it working without them needing to undertake any major code changes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1