French Tagged Texts

JPark

Mmh BW has the Louis Second 1910 with Strongs. Also the NEG 79 with Strongs.

So I know http://www.bibleparser.frhas the LSG 1910 with Strongs and http://www.onlinebible.org/html/eng/index.htm too.

And there are also internet sites with this Bible http://www.obohu.cz/bible/index.php?styl=LSS&k=Zj&kap=1and some others.

Greetings

Fabian

The fact that other companies have been able to license this text in the past is irrelevant. It says nothing about its availability at the present.

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 1

We are unable to secure this text at a reasonable price for our customers. We already tried.

the problem is probably the.weak USD against EUR and CHF?  Then you need another calculation model. 

• Like 1

reasonable price

means: it would possible to license it. 

We would love to be able to acquire modern French versions with Key Number tagging.

Yes the Louis Second 21 would be cool. Any Volunteer here who jumps in the gap?

• Like 1

For the reputation for Accordance in the French speaking world, it is in my opinion necessary to license this both texts. Even the ROI is not reached after 6 month.

I have long waited to recommend a Bible software to a French speaking missionary leader. I was hoping Accordance acquire soon a French tagged text. And I have invested many hours to search for the © holder. But now I know I must recommend another software

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Seems, we have for all languages, with exception of English the same problem. No interests to have an international software.

• Like 2

We do have tagged texts in Spanish, and we both have and are trying hard to add them in more languages. We are simply running into problems trying to arrange licenses. Even on a public domain text, the addition of the numbers is not PD, and rightly so since it entails a massive amount of work. We are also adding the numbers ourselves to some less well-known languages.

Please do not accuse us of a lack of interest. We recognize the value of these databases, and are anxious to add more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We do have tagged texts in Spanish, and we both have and are trying hard to add them in more languages. We are simply running into problems trying to arrange licenses. Even on a public domain text, the addition of the numbers is not PD, and rightly so since it entails a massive amount of work. We are also adding the numbers ourselves to some less well-known languages.

Please do not accuse us of a lack of interest. We recognize the value of these databases, and are anxious to add more.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/3320-czech-bible/?p=13494

The fact that other companies have been able to license this text in the past is irrelevant. It says nothing about its availability at the present.

In my opinion: A sin from the past.

And in some cases also a present one. I have examples.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I saw the previous posts come up during the summer, but since I was on vacation with only sporadic internet connection, I didn't jump into the conversation. 

Having said that, I would like to add my voice to those who have already written. Up until June of this year, I recommended other software to my students, while indicating the qualities of Accordance and Logos. With the change in situations, I would like to encourage them to look primarily into Accordance. Many French-speaking students aren't particularly at ease with English, so having a French interface is very nice. 

However, especially for those students whose program doesn't focus on Original Languages (Yes, I know: sacrilege! I agree!), having a tagged NEG 1979 or Second 21 would really be a game changer for many of these students (a fully tagged Nouvelle Bible Second would be even better, and while we're at it, why not with the notes that accompany the NBS study Bible version?).

Would the Société biblique de Genève be willing to work with you on that (those who work there are very helpful), or perhaps the Alliance biblique française for the NBS? Another thought: would it be possible to work with the former BW staff to see about acquiring their rights to the NEG 1979?

Anything along those lines would be hugely helpful for all!

Thanks for any attention you can give to this.

Don Cobb

• Like 4

We are unable to secure this text at a reasonable price for our customers. We already tried.

Don't forget, you can also make money by selling Accordance license, not only by selling the tagged text. To have the full potential for the text, the Accordance Lite is not enough, so they would also buy the full license, IF you have a tagged French text.

Greetings

Fabian

However, especially for those students whose program doesn't focus on Original Languages (Yes, I know: sacrilege! I agree!), having a tagged NEG 1979 or Second 21 would really be a game changer for many of these students (a fully tagged Nouvelle Bible Second would be even better, and while we're at it, why not with the notes that accompany the NBS study Bible version?).

Would the Société biblique de Genève be willing to work with you on that (those who work there are very helpful), or perhaps the Alliance biblique française for the NBS? Another thought: would it be possible to work with the former BW staff to see about acquiring their rights to the NEG 1979?

Once I wrote to the Genfer Bibelgesellschaft and they answered me, the tagging of the NEG 1979 are not from their.

Greetings

Fabian

I know for a fact that the 1910 Bible Second, and the 1979 NEG were tagged in BibleWorks. In the BW information on the former, there is this:

Copyright © 1988-1997 by the Online Bible Foundation and Woodside Fellowship of Ontario, Canada. 

Licensed from the Institute for Creation Research. 

The information on the NEG is the following: 

Copyright © 1975 Societe Biblique de Genève (Geneva Bible Society), Swiss (sic!). 

Used by permission. 
Now keyed to the complete Pierce-Strong's Numbering Code System, plus with Tense-Voice-Mood Verb Parsings.

Have the good souls at Accordance been in contact with either BW or with one of the foundations mentioned here? That might be a place to begin if it hasn't already been done. 

Having said all that, the 1910 Louis Segond is fairly dated as far as the translation is concerned (language and textual questions)—although there are still people who swear by it! NEG is more recent but there are other versions that are superior, IMHO. The advantage of theses two, as opposed to others, would be that there are already tagged versions of them out there.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello

In my opinion it is still a shame that Accordance has no French tagged Bibles. And hopefully also more in other languages comes soon. 

Anyway I just found another one.

post-32723-0-61398300-1542113374_thumb.jpgpost-32723-0-87298700-1542113389_thumb.jpgpost-32723-0-58727500-1542113404_thumb.jpg

This Bible is not so old, so there should be an e-text. Also with the other Notes etc which are included. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

you mean Accordance will be a niche product in the near future if they ignore Europe and other languages like French, Italian or German?

• 3 months later...

Since you have done the LSG 1910 to the free Bible which I very appreciate, there are a lot of French speakers in Africa. You can add the LSG 1910 with Strong in the Store to purchase it. But please do it. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 5 months later...

Pas de problème. Si OakTree n'est pas prêt à payer une licence pour ce texte, je recommande plutôt Bibleparser.net.

Edited by Fabian

I for one would encourage OakTree to pursue the possibility of having the Seg1910 (or, better, the Revised Segond) with tagging. I recommend Accordance to students on a regular basis, and having things like French/Greek (or Hebrew) interlinear, etc. would be a much stronger selling point, especially as many students want to have a little knowledge of the Biblical languages but will not or cannot invest the time and effort to really learn them. If the tools that can help them aren't in French, that removes the incentive even more.

I don't particularly like this situation and would prefer that they learn the languages thoroughly, but as they say, "it is what it is"...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

??? 

Nearly all other Bible software and nearly all online Bibles has the LSG1910 with Strong's. Why not Accordance??? Accordance falls more and more back.

A French interface is fine, but without a tagged Bible and without catholic Bibles I see no hope.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

As as Swiss, I love that request. We have for languages in our country: French, Swiss-German, Italien and Romantsch. So please Accordance....

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hello 

Please bring the Louis Segond 1910 with Strongs. 

Also if any Forum participant has a good relationship to Mr. Bushell it would be great if this person can Mr. Bushell ask from who he got the NEG79 with Strongs. I tried to contact him over the BW forum, but I got never an answer. So OakTree can license this text with Strongs. 

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Hello 

Please bring the Louis Segond 1910 with Strongs. 

Also if any Forum participant has a good relationship to Mr. Bushell it would be great if this person can Mr. Bushell ask from who he got the NEG79 with Strongs. I tried to contact him over the BW forum, but I got never an answer. So OakTree can license this text with Strongs. 

Fabian

I second this! I would love to be able to recommend Accordance to my students, but not having a tagged French text makes it a much more difficult sell!

• Like 1

Bibleparser Bible software has it too. Online https://www.bibleparser.netand in the software. As I wrote before, nearly all has it except Accordance. It seems also the online version has some kind of Phrase tagging. 

And I requested also one time to have a similar feature like the L company or now the Bibleparser website. It highlights also the same word, where it appears in the Bible, not only the one I hover over. Please add this with an on/off switch.

And Bibleparser has a lot other French Bibles. If you had followed my wish you had with every month a new Bible you had now 60 Bibles more and you can serve a lot people with them.

To develop Bibles doesn't contradict the develop of features which now have to come, because ex-Wordsearch users miss them in Accordance.  Which I guess has now a priority. 

as a Swiss living in a country with French, Italien and German speakers, I always support any request for these 3 languages.