Baylor Handbook on the Greek New Testament

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I would purchase commentaries in both series if Accordance made them available.

• Like 2

+1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One other feature of the Baylor I only noticed now that I have started using the Luke volume, a housebrick of a book it is too, is that there is a Grammar Index which identifies grammatical phenomena with a list of verse references containing them. Where there is more than one occurrence in a single verse there is a superscript count of occurrences. EGGNT has something similar but its indexed to commentary page number not verse reference.

Thx

D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

there is a Grammar Index which identifies grammatical phenomena with a list of verse references containing them.

^^ This sounds amazing. I'll have to check it out.

Also, for reference, here is the full list of volumes from the publisher, if everyone clicks on it, perhaps Baylor will notice the link from Accordance. :D 

http://www.baylorpress.com/Subject/10/Greek_Language_Studies.html

Edited by Ιακοβ

• 3 months later...

I would purchase commentaries in both series if Accordance made them available.

As would we.  I just read a review of BHGNT-Revelation on Amazon.  The paperback got good reviews.  The Kindle version was panned – not a surprise.  For those of us who want to build a digital library, not a print one, it means that Kindle, at least for Baylor, may be a no-go.

The other issue is that Kindle versions lack the Accordance browser and hyperlinks.  At this point, we're so spoiled that an e-text without those is just plain inferior.  I'm waiting and hopeful.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We are working on getting the Handbooks, but no word on when they might be available.

Thanks for the feedback.

Was Accordance able to get the Baylor Handbooks? It would be great to have them in Accordance. Are they in queue for release?

I do not think that we have been able to arrange the licensing with Baylor yet. If anyone has any influence there, we would be happy to try again.

I do not think that we have been able to arrange the licensing with Baylor yet. If anyone has any influence there, we would be happy to try again.

Helen, thanks for the reply. I don't have any influence there. Perhaps someone else on the forum does.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any progress procuring the Baylor Handbooks? It would be a tremendous addition! 

2 minutes ago, Donald Cobb said:

Fabian, he happens to be the person you are quoting in your post. 🙂

That cannot be. The "L." is missing😉

Today's releases are the Baker Handbooks on the New Testament. Will Accordance be offering the Baker Handbooks on the Greek New Testament?

37 minutes ago, Fabian said:

That cannot be. The "L." is missing😉

Perhaps you should ask him... 😃

1 hour ago, Donald Cobb said:

Perhaps you should ask him... 😃

Ha! One and the same...

• Haha 3

• 10 months later...

I'm reviving this request that has been made several times in the past. More information on it here:

https://www.baylorpress.com/search-results/?series=baylor-handbook-on-the-greek-new-testament&amount=24

This would seem to me like a no-brainer. It's right up Accordance's alley. Thanks!

• Like 3

Got it on the list. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These handbooks have become a standard for me (for the books that they are available for). I need a commentary that discusses the Greek or Hebrew grammar of the text! This and the EGGNT are the only two series that I'm aware of that do this.

Please consider adding the Baylor Handbook On The Hebrew Bible series, the Baylor Handbook On the Greek Bible series, and/or the Exegetical Guide To The Greek New Testament by B&H.

• Like 1