Accordance app not available in the Play Store due to newer version of the Android app

coffeedave

This is an FYI - I recently acquired a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S23) and was disappointed when I tried to download the Accordance app and was not able to due to the newer version of the Android OS on my phone. However, a few days after getting it, I thought that perhaps I could still download from Accordance - Support - Download and at least see if it works. It works great!

Most of my Accordance work is done on my MacBook. But I've found myself using the Android app more often this past year when I'm away from my desk and computer.

What version of Android?

Do you need a build # or any extra detail?

I had exactly the same situation with my Galaxy tablet, and was even considering getting an iPad just because of this issue in Accordance. Then I had the same idea, downloaded it from the Accordance website onto my tablet instead of going through the Play store, and it seems to be working fine. I would still like to move to iPad, but now I can take my time about it. 

16 hours ago, coffeedave said:

Do you need a build # or any extra detail?

No, since I no longer work for Accordance, I was merely curious.

I used to keep a Samsung phone around for screenshots when I worked for the company, but I sold it after I quit. Anyway, I do still have my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8, so I removed Accordance to test out what you're describing. Then, I went to the Play Store and was able to reinstall it without issues. Here are my specs. Is there anything different from my installed OS and related applications from yours, @Vaughn Arthur and @coffeedave?

Screenshot_20230717_094330_Settings.jpg

Edited by R. Mansfield

Some people the Play Store showing you can download it with Android 13, others the Play store is showing you can't (but our website version works). If someone can figure out the issue, it would be great at helping us pinpoint this.

I don't have any Android devices yet, so I can't test this. I may pick one up sometime.

Thanks @Nathan Parker. The version I downloaded from the website seems to be functioning fine, but I haven't had much time this past week to use it.

@R. Mansfield, here is a screenshot of the message I get when I go to the Play store for the app, and also a screenshot of the device info on my tablet. (Hopefully that worked, I'm not entirely sure that I correctly went about attaching these screenshots.)

Screenshot_20230722_005235_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230722_010107_Settings.jpg

I did remove my play store version of Android Accordance and installed from the Accordance website BUT it still DOES NOT sync and it DOES NOT show highlights or notes!

Bob

Are you syncing via Wi-Fi or Dropbox?

Dropbox Nathan.

Bob

My Android Accordance allows only Dropbox.

Bob

I know we've had some issues with Dropbox not syncing with some apps. I wonder if any other Android users are having this issue.

It’s my recollection that the Android app, which I don’t use anymore, never supported WiFi syncing and had only begun to support Dropbox syncing. This early support for Dropbox did not support all user data types. In particular, it did not support notes yet, though that was at our near the top of the list of features to implement.

On 7/27/2023 at 4:34 PM, jlm said:

...it did not support notes yet...

This is correct. The Android version of Accordance has never been updated to support notes. Of course, even in iOS, only notes for Texts are supported. Notes have never been supported on everything else (Tools).

I'm having the problem in Australia (could it be region-related?).

Android version

Android security update

1 July 2023

Google Play system update

1 July 2023

Google Play Store
Version 36.7.21-29 [0]

[PR] 549123075

Let me know if any additional information would be useful....

I'm not sure if it's region-related (anyone else from Australia can verify?), but you can try installing the app directly from our website if need be.

On 7/22/2023 at 10:10 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I know we've had some issues with Dropbox not syncing with some apps. I wonder if any other Android users are having this issue.

I have had an issue with syncing to Dropbox for a long time now. It used to work. I'm on Android 9 and based in the United Kingdom. I miss not being able to have my highlights on my phone. It would be great if this could be fixed. I have been waiting for a fix so glad to see this issue has been highlighted, if you will excuse the pun!

I'm in Australia and have got the app installed on my mobile. I've done a search on google store using another Android phone that I have and I can see the app advertised. I'm not sure if the issue mentioned earlier is a device issue affecting certain regions.

In relation to syncing, I do not think that the app has had WiFi syncing. I've only seen Dropbox syncing and that too is not working well. When I hit sync, the sync icon keeps rotating and I have to force close the app to use it again. Dropbox syncing from my windows laptop to my Android phone does not work.

I was able to download to my Tab Ultra C (uses Android 11) by going to the Amazon App Store.  The Google Play store indicated that the app was too old.  The Android app hasn't been updated since 2021.  It probably would be good for you all to do an update.

Good feedback on the Amazon AppStore. We'll also recommend that to customers.

We have a new mobile developer who will be working on updating the mobile app, as well as adding new features to the iOS app. 

Our programmers are going to look into seeing if we can release at least a minor update to Accordance Android, plus get it to where it can be installed again through the Google Play Store. The day we release such an update, I'm officially declaring it @KevinPurcell appreciation day. :-)

Thanks, all, for the Amazon App Store tip. It worked flawlessly on a Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 with the latest OneUI & Android. It'll be good for newcomers to install from the Google Play Store once you get a refreshed build, but this is good enough for me!

It also works directly from our website as well if someone needs it.

• 3 months later...

Looks like the last update on this is August.. any ETA on a fix?  Is it in the plans to support Android going forward?  It has been a long time since there were significant improvements to the app.  I'm wondering if it's time to cut bait and switch software although I hate to lose my investment in resources.

Edited by Cnthetford