Accordance app not available in the Play Store due to newer version of the Android app

coffeedave

We will post any announcements or updates concerning Accordance Android on the "Accordance Announcements" forum. We still plan to support Android moving forward.

In the meantime, installing the Android app directly from our website or the Amazon AppStore has been a viable workaround for the majority of Android users encountering this issue.

9 hours ago, kennete said:

Be completely honest, is there any development at all on accordance for android right now?

Be careful Kennete, the current status of Accordance is they will close the comments section if you keep asking about development.  Splashscreen still says Accordance Cloud is available, but clearly, it is not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GYDOF1729 said:

Be careful Kennete, the current status of Accordance is they will close the comments section if you keep asking about development.  Splashscreen still says Accordance Cloud is available, but clearly, it is not.

@GYDOF1729 I haven't seen any indication of Accordance Cloud yet. Where are you seeing it? (I realize you said it's not available yet, but I didn't even know it was announced. I am very anxious for this step because I'm hoping it will solve the sync problems that keep me from making good use of Accordance.)

We are not developing minor updates to the current Android app. Instead, we are in the process of replacing it with a new app that'll integrate across Desktop, Mobile, and Cloud.

• Like 2

That sounds good to me!

16 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We are not developing minor updates to the current Android app. Instead, we are in the process of replacing it with a new app that'll integrate across Desktop, Mobile, and Cloud.

So, a web app? 

• Like 1

Discontinuing the android app would be sad if we lose offline access to our modules on mobile.

Crazy thing, I have Ubuntu on a Surface Go 2 tablet, with Accordance and Logos Android apps in Waydroid, and both work perfectly. If I remember I got the Accordance apk at softonic.

Not a "web app" that would require online access to read your files. It will still be an Android app that will work offline.

However, there is backend code our programmers can use for both Accordance Cloud and a new Accordance Android app (as well as for adding features to iOS) that once done, can make the development of adding new features across Cloud/iOS/Android integrate well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's still in active development. We're working on adding additional searching features and use of Accordance modules before we announce a beta. While we're not trying to roll out something identical to Desktop out of the box, there's certain searches/module features we want in the initial product. :-) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vaughn Arthur said:

@GYDOF1729 I haven't seen any indication of Accordance Cloud yet. Where are you seeing it? (I realize you said it's not available yet, but I didn't even know it was announced. I am very anxious for this step because I'm hoping it will solve the sync problems that keep me from making good use of Accordance.)

IMG_0390.HEIC

See lower right hand corner.  Seems they are still advertising Accordance Cloud.  

That's not Accordance Cloud. That's our "Accordance Heaven" version where we're serving Accordance users in Heaven. It comes with direct access to Moses and the Apostles. :-)

Actually, the splash screen will be addressed in a future update.

15 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

That's not Accordance Cloud. That's our "Accordance Heaven" version where we're serving Accordance users in Heaven. It comes with direct access to Moses and the Apostles. 🙂

Actually, the splash screen will be addressed in a future update.

Next to the Cloud icon is not the Android you are looking for...

• Like 1