ChatGPT

Dr. Nathan Parker

On 7/24/2023 at 12:31 AM, Mike Atnip said:

I think of the Apostle Paul going on his missionary journeys; he had more success than we often do. And he didn't even have Accordance basic package!

While I do agree with you, perhaps for context we can appreciate that the Apostle Paul did had the best teacher and education available in his time, Accordance probably was not up to his level :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

Flunked! 😂
Perhaps one of those warnings should be put on ChatGPT: "Use only under adult supervision."

You would have more success asking it to use the Wolfram plugin or Code Interpreter, even ask it to write the code to perform the math. ChatGPT seems to need help delivering correct answers. I often have to use multiple prompts. The driver of AI has to certainly be aware and paying attention.

I can see why people are legitimately concerned generative AI can lead people astray. However, the newer versions have massively increased capability and I see the gap closing in the near future regarding these types of errors. Then the danger will be very real because people will "trust" the tools and stop doing their homework.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 6:19 AM, Donovan R. Palmer said:

I have been experimenting with using the new Logos search function in beta. At times it gives me results that are much more dense in terms of quality, saving me a lot of time.

Regarding Accordance, if they can stick to a clean and user friendly experience with their tools, I almost don't care how good Logos are in comparison. I dislike awkward user interfaces and especially so for heavily marketing within them.

Edited by cweber
  • Like 1

@Mike Atnip I'd probably find one of these, then we wouldn't have to worry about figuring out how the lilies multiply. :-)

@cweber True that while Paul didn't have Accordance, he had the best Bible study tools available to him in the first century. You can't get better than his teacher!

My vote goes to keep it clean and user friendly, and stay true to focusing on the Bible

• Like 4

Great feedback!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Has anyone used this in comparison to ChatGPT?

https://www.biblemate.org/

No, but i will save it & try it because I do from time to time use ChatGPT for theological questions.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:21 AM, cweber said:

Apostle Paul did had the best teacher and education available in his time,

Indeed, and he probably had a native or near native proficiency in all of the original languages not mention having the text memorized in those languages.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Has anyone used this in comparison to ChatGPT?

https://www.biblemate.org/

Yes. I did a review of it back in May.
https://bibleandtech.blogspot.com/2023/05/biblemateorg-chatgpt-based-alternative.html

• Like 1

Hmm... the question prompted me to go back and see what AI has learned since May. There are significant differences. I just posted an updated comparison.

https://bibleandtech.blogspot.com/2023/11/biblemate-and-chatgpt-update.html

• Like 1

Mark, thanks for the update and summary. I picture in my mind Laugh In's Artie Johnson popping up and saying, "Very Interesting" is his dramatic manner. ;)

—Joseph—still living in the past

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Solly said:

Mark, thanks for the update and summary. I picture in my mind Laugh In's Artie Johnson popping up and saying, "Very Interesting" is his dramatic manner. ;)

—Joseph—still living in the past

The younger crowd never got to experience classic shows like that!

I am not taking an uncritical stance on AI robots. The following question gets at the heart of the matter.

Does ChatGPT Have Anti-Hindu Bias?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, c. stirling bartholomew said:

I am not taking an uncritical stance on AI robots. The following question gets at the heart of the matter. You can supply any thing you like in the ChatGBT & Hindu slots. Does AIBot-X have an ANTI-Y bias?

Does ChatGPT Have Anti-Hindu Bias?

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew

@mgvh Great reviews on it! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1