Accordance Bible Software Branding

Dr. Nathan Parker

17 minutes ago, ReformedDoc said:

@R. MansfieldHere you go!

That’s funny. Their 72-hour package didn’t contain meat, but I do have meat in my stash. But it doesn’t last as long as the regular food. 

For the last three years, I’ve carried a week’s worth of food in the back of my Jeep in case I get stranded somewhere (I also have a Jetboil + butane in the Jeep for boiling water). Even though the emergency food supply is supposed to last 25 years, it’s also supposed to be stored in a cool, dry place. Since it’s seen extreme temperatures in both directions since it’s been in my Jeep, I decided to replace it recently and eat what had been riding around in my Jeep for three years. We have been pleasantly surprised at how good some of the food is. As my wife likes to say, “We’ll be eating good in the apocalypse!”

Edited by R. Mansfield

That's the way to live, just don't let strangers in they eat to much...lol!

I have a beautiful calfskin leather bound common worship which is really nice to use (and smell) when looking things up (despite having it all as pdfs on my devices) though i only occasionally use it leading services. But the formatting is excellent, (shame that they dont do times and seasons in leather as well).

Before getting an ipad, i used to have a calf bound copy of the Really Sound Version for travel  but now i also have leather covers on both phone and ipad to take them upmarket, though my vegetarian daughter is not impressed!!!!!!

back to the original topic, i know its adding words but accordance bible study library or accordance bible study studio?

Edited by ukfraser

I think of the term "app" on iPhones as a marketing made up by Apple term as they are just as much software/programs like before. Mobile devices are very much computers in a different form.

4 hours ago, ukfraser said:

back to the original topic, i know its adding words but accordance bible study library or accordance bible study studio?

Accordance Bible Software can still apply the engine that one is running, but I like "Accordance Bible Study Library" name for the overall system as Accordance already uses the term "Library" to refer to all the resources someone has available.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

I have some old heirloom Bibles that this might be a useful service to preserve them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Hey, you can use your incredible Accordance salary to buy your own emergency food stash. I recommend My Patriot Supply (that is NOT an affiliate link). It is the best overall tasting I’ve found.

True. 🙂 I've heard good things about their supply.

3 hours ago, David Voth said:

Accordance Bible Software can still apply the engine that one is running, but I like "Accordance Bible Study Library" name for the overall system as Accordance already uses the term "Library" to refer to all the resources someone has available.

I like this as well!

On 5/23/2023 at 1:59 AM, ReformedDoc said:

I like the term platform & at one point the other guys used engine, if I'm not mistaken. @Lawrence

Programmers use the term "engine" to refer to the guts of the software that does the heavy lifting. For example, the processing of Construct Searches might be handled by the engine. The application would have separate "user interface" code to handle the gathering of mouse-clicks, check-box activation, text entry etc. It sends it to the engine which does the data crunching. The engine then sends the results back to the user interface so you can see them and do more things with them.

Here's a mini-glossary of terms that might be helpful:

• Engine: algorithm that does the actual processing
  • User interface: the parts you interact with - windows, check-boxes, scroll bars, etc
  • Software: all the machine-runnable stuff that programmers deliver
  • Application: a specific piece of software you can use (e.g. Accordance 14.0.5 Mac, Accordance 13 PC); the term is sometimes used generically to refer to the whole collection of software regardless of version number or platform.
  • App: short for "application"; it started off as the term used with smart-phone/tablet applications, but is increasingly used for desktop applications now
  • Release: synonym for "application", but always referring to a specific instance such as 14.0.5
  • Version (or version number): the label of a release, e.g. 14.0.5 - when you see v.14, the 'v' stands for 'version'
  • Platform: all the stuff associated with the software - including the software itself, and also the website, data content (books, journals, etc), community of users, and more
  • Like 2

Good lexicon. I like the idea of a "Bible Study Library" since most of the purchases customers make are modules to add to their library, but then again, Accordance is also more than just a library...

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:49 PM, ukfraser said:

What about accordance bible study studio or even accordance bible study suite then?

Maybe :-) 

On 5/28/2023 at 3:17 AM, ukfraser said:

What about accordance bible study studio or even accordance bible study suite then?

"Studio" makes it sound like the user can develop things with it, like with Microsoft Visual Studio (software development) or a movie/graphics/audio editing app. Accordance's prime functions are read-only search and analysis.

"Suite" makes it sound like it's a group of distinct apps that could be purchased and used separately, like those in Microsoft Office.

I think the name branding is fine the way it is. Presently, there's no reason to change it.

• Like 3

Good feedback!

Why not just keep it "Accordance"?  Seems to me that Accordance is just fine.

• Like 2

Accordance is a Bible study and research environment. It is akin to an ecosystem, but operates on research, study, and analysis of scripture and related material. The concept that keeps bubbling up in my thinking is the term wissenchaft applied to scripture.  Wissenschaft applies to both the humanities and sciences, but most people today don't think of the connection to the humanities. Any thoughts on a nice well known word that conveys the theme of wissenschaft?

--Joseph

Wouldn't it be fun to try calling it "Accordance Wissenschaft".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Accordance has always touted its place as an original language utility. What might it look like to stay with that...?

Accordance Exegetical System

Accordance Exegetical Platform

Maybe too much in the mouth?

• Like 2

@Gary Pauley Accordance Biblical Exegete Platform   

AKA - Accordance B.E.P.

• Like 1

Good feedback!