Leaving Accordance

R. Mansfield

Wishing you well, Rick. May the Lord bless you. Thank you for your kindness and patience with us here.

• Like 1

Couldn't have asked for a better friend and co-worker. Praying for the Lord's continued blessing.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 13

‏ יְבָרֶכְךָ֥ יְהוָ֖ה וְיִשְׁמְרֶֽךָ׃ יָאֵ֨ר יְהוָ֧ה ׀ פָּנָ֛יו אֵלֶ֖יךָ וִֽיחֻנֶּֽךָּ׃ יִשָּׂ֨א    יְהוָ֤ה ׀ פָּנָיו֙ אֵלֶ֔יךָ וְיָשֵׂ֥ם לְךָ֖ שָׁלֽוֹם׃  

• Like 7

Blessings brother! I pray God continues to guide you and hold you in His hands.

• Like 1

We’ll miss you at Accordance, but God’s work is larger than any one company. Take care, and may the Lord bless the work you do for him.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the years of service here. Blessings on your continued journey!

• Like 1

Sorry to see you go! Best wishes in the future where the Lord will lead you. I’ll follow your blog for updates.

• Like 2

Accordance “may” hire someone who’s been frequenting these forums lately to become one of the new forum admins (although I can’t say for certain yet). “If” that happens, and “if" that someone gets a say in your keeping a forum account, you’ll definitely be keeping your account and are welcome to chime in anytime. You’ve been a valuable asset to Accordance over the years. I appreciate all of your service to Accordance and Accordance’s customers. I’m just glad this someone has extra-large feet, because “if” he becomes a forum admin, he’ll need those extra-large feet to try to begin to fill your shoes.

• Like 4

So sad to see you go! Thank you for all the help you've been over the years! 

• Like 1

Rick,

Sorry to see you leave. Your enthusiasm for and knowledge of Accordance has always been a major asset to the Accordance community. I wish you many blessings in your future endeavors. Thank you for your kind assistance over the years. May God bless and keep you ever in his peace and comfort!

Edited by Greg Terry
typing error
  • Like 1

It is such a pity but I enjoy your FB posts and perhaps you might resuscitate Lighting the Lamp?

All the very best

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leopold Green said:

It is such a pity but I enjoy your FB posts and perhaps you might resuscitate Lighting the Lamp?

Kathy and I were talking about that last night. I miss writing for This Lamp. I may go back to doing that more often. I’d also love to resurrect my cast iron site. And I have an idea for another site, too. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I’d also love to resurrect my cast iron site. And I have an idea for another site, too. 

Yes the cast iron - when the exchange rate was much more favourable I did buy a hefty Lodge dutch oven via Amazon and I do really like it... in the UK we tend to use enamelled cast iron (mostly the ubiquitious Le Creuset, which is very good). We have some of casseroles which are almost 20 years old and the inner surface is like new - you have to smile when people they extol the virtues of non-stick coatings for anything other than frying really delicate stuff like fish... I look forward to reading whatever you publish

• Like 2

I hope Rick will blog more. I’d love to read/follow his posts (the ones on the Orthodox church were interesting). I have a blog on a free Wix site at the moment, but I may move it to a paid hosting provider coming up. I do a weather blog each week.

I may get to write some blog articles for Accordance coming up. Would be fun.

Which thanks to Rick, I actually did get to blog twice for Accordance in the past:

https://www.accordancebible.com/fantastic-technical-support/

https://www.accordancebible.com/nathan-parker/

And my love for Accordance and their support is as strong today as it was in both of these posts!

• Like 1

One thing Rick can also work on is drone practice. 🙂  I remember the drone video a few years back Rick posted. That was my favorite tech video of the year. I would have voted it the winner on AFV. 

On 12/1/2022 at 8:36 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Accordance “may” hire someone who’s been frequenting these forums lately to become one of the new forum admins (although I can’t say for certain yet). “If” that happens, and “if" that someone gets a say in your keeping a forum account, you’ll definitely be keeping your account and are welcome to chime in anytime. You’ve been a valuable asset to Accordance over the years. I appreciate all of your service to Accordance and Accordance’s customers. I’m just glad this someone has extra-large feet, because “if” he becomes a forum admin, he’ll need those extra-large feet to try to begin to fill your shoes.

Hmmm "someone"?? "frequenting these forums lately"??

This is either the most obvious public application or the worst attempt at keeping a secret. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@KevinPurcell If it becomes official, “someone” will give you, your blog, and your podcast first access to any post-hire interviews you wish to conduct. You do a fantastic job on your blog and podcast, so you deserve to be the first to get to talk about it if it becomes official.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@R. Mansfield Thank you for all the time and effort you put into Accordance Bible; I wish you good success going forward. 🚀

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:24 AM, KevinPurcell said:

Hmmm "someone"?? "frequenting these forums lately"??

This is either the most obvious public application or the worst attempt at keeping a secret. 🤪

Hey, I've been frequenting these forums lately!

*takes a look*

Lots of junk mail. But nope, no job offer from Accordance.

:P

• Haha 1