Ability to search within search results

Steven MacDonald

How about the ability to conduct a search and then conduct a search within that search (limited to the results of the first search)?

That's what the HITS and CONTENTS commands are for. HITS uses the words that were "hits" from your previous search as the basis for the next search. CONTENTS uses the "contents of the verses" that were the result of your previous search as the basis for the next search. 

• Like 4

I'd still like to see Saved Searches capability so Accordance does not search content that I have already expended effort filtering through.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cweber said:

I'd still like to see Saved Searches capability so Accordance does not search content that I have already expended effort filtering through.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to do that. After you've made your search, save the active workspace, giving it a name that goes along with the search. When you open it up again, it should be just as you left it. Or are you looking for something else?

• Like 1

I have many Workspaces, each including multiple tabs such that these become an information management problem :)

With a reasonable sized library, I "research" a word or phrase, then navigate through all my search results and exclude those I am uninterested in. Eventually, I filter the search results to a small maintainable number that I wish to revisit as I add more libraries. Upon adding new purchases I want to pickup where I left off and not have to filter through all the results again, only the new.

I tried Workspace (and these are prone to crashing), Stacks and other techniques but the simplest would be to save the search and open it again once more libraries are added. I envisage something like a Microsoft SharePoint document library, the results filtered by metadata search parameters I apply as I refine that particular search. This is something I believe is needed and could be a function of Library Management.

The feature request for saved search is not related to using a workspace as a compromise.

Take a very simple "Research" search on the word "Mercy":

image.thumb.png.5eb83759d4431864226a273efd49e356.png

There are numerous results, sometimes hundreds to navigate. When I meticulously go through each finding I'd like to identify those returned results of interest to me and discard those that don't. THEN, I want to save that status and return to that same search and same saved status and run it again, BUT only for any newly added libraries.