logos 10 iPadOS

A. Smith

There has been a lot of talk over the years that accordance for iPadOS (once it became a distinct os) is really not at all taking advantage of the larger screen and power of the iPad. I'm sorry to say that logos 10 for iPad has now made the leap and is incredibly capable, allowing multiple layouts, linked together, in various screen configurations and 'spaces'. Accordance is definitely my primary tool and I'm hoping the A-team is watching this and planning something more for iPadOS. I'd even suggest getting syntax and parallels for iPadOS, which have been off-limits for anything but desktop since the beginning. I know logos also doesn't allow the various syntax/discourse charts on iPad or iPhone either. Which I think is equally silly, as one who is ignorant to the technical challenges involved. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the mobile apps really need attention. In Verbum, I can finally display an original language text, translation, and commentary together, as well as other combinations of resources. I’m much more interested in having a better iPadOS app (more than 2 panes, multiple tabs and/or windows, research) than in having the new features of Accordance 14. If the problem is that the mobile apps are free, I’d be willing to pay for a more capable pro version.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, jlm said:

Yes, the mobile apps really need attention. In Verbum, I can finally display an original language text, translation, and commentary together, as well as other combinations of resources. I’m much more interested in having a better iPadOS app (more than 2 panes, multiple tabs and/or windows, research) than in having the new features of Accordance 14. If the problem is that the mobile apps are free, I’d be willing to pay for a more capable pro version.

ditto on being happy to pay extra for iPad Accordance that was closer to desktop

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Leopold Green said:

ditto on being happy to pay extra for iPad Accordance that was closer to desktop

Ditto

• Like 2

I would especially pay for the construct search feature. 

• Like 1

Will be curious to compare Accordance cloud to iPad OS Accordance.

I might have to give this a try...

• 1 month later...

What are a few (3-5) main features you’re using on Accordance desktop that aren’t currently on Accordance for iPadOS that you’d heavily use on Accordance for iPadOS?

It would be great to be able to edit papers and user tools on the Ipad.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

What are a few (3-5) main features you’re using on Accordance desktop that aren’t currently on Accordance for iPadOS that you’d heavily use on Accordance for iPadOS?

Here's my list:

- The desktop-only ability to triple-click to find a lexicon definition and the mentions of the current passage 

- The info pane

- Text navigator

- Analytics

The first two items are ones I'd most like to see in iOS. The last two are tied in importance.

Edited by Donald Cobb
  • Like 3

To my previous comment, I would repeat a request I've made in the past: the ability to cycle through workspaces, without having to close one, then open another. This is possible on "that other company's" iOS version, and it's a great advantage. Also more panes in the same work space would be great. There's a work-around (using the LSB app) but it remains a work-around, with all the limits that implies. Thanks again to the folks at Accordance for the great work!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Multiple tabs, Stacks, research and all the great analytics are the four main features i miss that i have on the previous full fat versions.( Its too early with the new features in 14.)

i havent invested in the graphics package purely because atlas and timeline wont run on an ipad (but i do have the holman atlas which is great on the ipad as is carta's sacred bridge)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

What I wold love to see on iPad is a canvas for grammatical diagramming and phrasing. Allow me to use touch to position the grammatical diagram and expand and reshape the handles and quickly diagram the options when creating grammatical diagrams. Allow me to use touch for phrasing and use my finger do draw lines that automatically smoothen out. Allow me to freely annotate my diagrams and export them to PDF. Allow my grammatical diagrams to scroll in sync with a Bible text. I think diagramming is an area begging to be made more interactive on iPad. 

• Like 2

Biggest new feature need for me is multiple workspaces/windows/spaces, beyond a text and parallel. Research of some kind is another. And construct searching would be incredible. 

• Like 4

Like A.Smith and ukfraser, what I most want is some way of opening more resources at once: more than two panes on an iPad, and multiple windows or tabs. I know that's hard to implement, but it's important. It's the one thing I most miss, and your competition had tabs at least five years ago, and now supports multiple panes (in fixed configurations).

Number two would be Research, or at least a way to easily check multiple lexicons and commentaries. The latter could be something like Word Study and the Info Pane, respectively.

The Text Browser would be nice—I suggested it for mobile, and it was implemented on desktop—, but needs My Groups to be useful.

Then there are a couple of small things: open Web links in SFSafariViewController, insert search commands at cursor location, have a way to amplify to the secondary Text from Instant Details for a verse reference.

• Like 2

Stacks, multiple panes, research, more configurable font and layout options - plus make it work with the magic keyboard please - it would nice to click on a word with the trackpad and have instant details appear but you have to touch the screen for that

Mostly let us have multiple panes and research and stacks

• Like 2

1. Custom Unicode fonts for original language texts (which is available for user Bibles, etc. on the desktop).

2. More panes.

3. What Donald said, the equivalent of Amplify > Include reference when amplifying from text to tool.

4. Word Study, with improvements.

5. And dreaming, the construct search for the syntax databases.

Edit: If we keep listing the same things but in different order, hopefully we will see all of them one day.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michel Gilbert said:

.If we keep listing the same things but in different order, hopefully we will see all of them one day.

😀

I feel like we've done this "top 5 needs for iPad" a couple times... I will have to dig up some of my posts from the last couple years — but off the top of my head — 1) multiple/configurable panes with more flexibility for multiple views of information — two (or 3) isn't enough... 2)  Info Pane... (this is how I discover content for the verse I'm looking at)...  3) Sane cloud syncing with my desktop that's not Dropbox and includes everything to make my iPad and desktop identical in resources, notes, and highlights.  There are plenty of others that I feel like I'm missing — but at the end of the day, the iPad needs to be closer to the desktop version of Accordance than the iPhone version.

• Like 2

Cloud syncing of some kind is coming… sometime…with v14

On 12/2/2022 at 9:32 PM, Nathan Parker said:

1. Info Pane

2. Atlas

3. Timeline

4. Dual Search tabs
5. Infer Search (See #4)

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 4

I just want to be able to sync reliably with desktop Accordance. This was broken a few versions of iOS ago.

• Like 3

I would be glad to be more skilled at using Accordance on my iPad Pro, but I mostly just read text and commentaries with it.  The heavy lifting is always with my MBP because the workflow is easier with the size of screen using the the Pages app, etc.

• Like 1

1. Research

2. Info Pane

3. More flexibility in configuring multiple panes

4. Atlas

5. Timeline

Edited by JonathanHuber
  • Like 3