moving where hyperlinks show

Kristin

When I have a biblical ref in a note and I click on the ref, it opens up a new pane on the right. This is helpful, but sometimes it is not practical when I have too many parallels open. I am hoping that the hyperlink ref can open into a completely new tab which is tied to the first tab. Is there a way to possibly do this?

Thank you,

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Do you have "Text Tab" selected in Preferences? (Amplify menu, at the bottom "open hyperlinks in")?

Hi @Dan Langston,

Thanks for the response. I did have that selected, and that opens the verses in that little section, so I changed it to the only other option which was Text Browser Tab. I did not know what that would do, but in hindsight it opened my link showing all the versions, but it did so still putting it in that separate section.

While I agree with the program default that having the links open in that section as opposed to a new tab makes sense, I am hoping to do somehow move the hyperlinks to a new tab temporarily until I am able to get a wider monitor. I just don't have the screen real estate. In class I normally have 7 parallels with various versions and notes, so then opening hyperlinks to that new section creating 8 parallels is pretty rough.

Understood.  I guess the next thing to try would be to go to the window menu, then check "tabs and zones" and set the tab you want the refs to go in (if that's possible) and tie it to your notes.  Just a thought.

Hi @Dan Langston,

Thank you for the idea, but I am afraid I already tried that. My original idea was actually to have a new tab for the links and then tie it, but even if i tie the tabs the hyperlink window still eats up that pane in all tabs until I close it.

I am starting to think it is not possible. Hopefully Accordance can add this as an option, as I can see it as useful for people on laptops with limited space horizontally. The other reason I wish I could have the links open in a new tab is because I have a parallel of notes on the hyperlinked text. So it has been really rough having it all in one tab.

Hi @Kristin,

Try clicking on the reference and then when it opens in a new pane on the right, right click (or control click) on the top of the tab and then select 'Detach Tab'. that should separate it from your workspace but it will still receive the references as you click on them. I just tested this and it seems like this may be what you are looking for.

You will need to have your 'Recycle' icon selected to keep sending them to that same detached tab.

Hi @Billy32792,

Thanks for the idea, but even if I detach it it is still using real estate. I fundamentally need it as a tab since everything is too narrow. I am hoping to be able to get a wider monitor soon, but in the meantime it is super challenging in class.

On a side note even with the recycle on, the detached tab did not refresh based on the original window, but it almost does not matter since if it is attached or not it is still not just a tab and eating space I really don't have.

1557286464_Bildschirmfoto2022-07-29um12_06_11.thumb.png.c545cd28d8c7cb84ce3bd31b437528ff.png