Find a Hebrew word with TWO specific accents

Accordance Enthusiast

One is supposed to be able to do this, but Accordance 13 complains no matter how I do it:

image.thumb.png.f633fad5b314b05e56c10189f952d2ad.png

OK, now I do what Accordance asks me to do, but it does not work!

image.png.c52c7326d2947a800cdbee5cc1f5fa89.png

Could you please improve this in future?!

In Hebrew MANY words have two accents, or and accent + Meteg etc. I am not currently able to do my research on Accordance with regards to accents.

• 2 years later...

I am thankful for Accordance's ability to easily search for single accents and accent patterns (or strings of accents)!

In recent years, however, a number of people have been seeking the ability to be able to search on word that have two accents.

two te'amim (accents) on one word. how to search? (2024)

https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/36741-two-teamim-accents-on-one-word-how-to-search/#comment-188261

A search for words with two accents (2023)

https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/35717-a-search-for-words-with-two-accents/#comment-181808

How to find one (prosodic) word with two cantillation marks? (2018)

https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/22801-how-to-find-one-prosodic-word-with-two-cantillation-marks/

So, I two would like request for this feature!

@Accordance Enthusiast Is it just this module or other modules?

@Ken Simpson Is this something you could shed some insight on?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Is it just this module or other modules?

@Dr. Nathan Parker as far as I am aware regardless of the Hebrew module it is impossible to limit search for word that have two accents. Searching for two accents will sometimes bring up words that have two accents though. 

Also, see the (4th post) on the following thread from 2018 where Helen Brown directly concludes that is impossible to search for one word wth two accents:   https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/22801-how-to-find-one-prosodic-word-with-two-cantillation-marks/

2 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

@Ken Simpson Is this something you could shed some insight on?

@Dr. Nathan Parker Ken Simpson attempted to find a solution to this issue ealier this year when someone else asked this some question.

See the second link that I posted earlier on this thread:  

A search for words with two accents (2023)

https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/35717-a-search-for-words-with-two-accents/#comment-181808

Edited by Brian K. Mitchell

Thanks!

• Like 1

Is there something I need to investigate further?

On 6/9/2024 at 1:14 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Is there something I need to investigate further?

@Dr. Nathan Parker, please list this as a feature request! It is important for anyone studying the Ta'amim (accents). 

• Like 1

Will do. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I'm late to the party here, but yes, Brian is right. I thought I would be able to do it, but I couldn't. 😞 

19 minutes ago, Ken Simpson said:

I'm late to the party here, but yes, Brian is right. I thought I would be able to do it, but I couldn't. 😞 

@Ken Simpson Better late than never!

By the way, RegexForAccordance can perform this search.

See: 

That’s true @Brian K. Mitchell, but I have 2 issues with this (and I LOVE @Darin Franklin’s work)

1. Regex is complex, and as you can see in Darin’s example, needs some skill to be able to find what you’re looking for. 
2. Accordance *should * be able to,do it (IMHO) using the wildcard system we currently have implemented. And it frustrates me that it can’t (reliably) do what we want in this. 

anyway, that’s my 2c worth. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ken Simpson said:

Accordance *should * be able to,do it (IMHO) using the wildcard system we currently have implemented. And it frustrates me that it can’t (reliably) do what we want in this. 

@Ken Simpson  Yes, it is very frustrating that Accordance isn't able to do this type of search at the moment. And, to add to that this question has come up a number of different times on the forums. I am sure the programs have their hands full at the moment, but I hope they can resolve this issue in the near future.

12 hours ago, Ken Simpson said:

2. Accordance *should * be able to,do it (IMHO) using the wildcard system we currently have implemented. And it frustrates me that it can’t (reliably) do what we want in this. 

Got it on the list to chat with programming about.

• Like 1