How to find one (prosodic) word with two cantillation marks?

rvoogdgeert

Does any of you know whether it is possible te design a search within a Hebrew construct in order to find all words with double cantillation marks? E.g. the מאילא, a combination of tiphcha and atnach/silluq within a single (prosodic) word. This may, of course, be two words connected by maqqef.

• Like 1

Bad news and good news. We do not currently have a way to search for non-specific cantillation marks, only specific ones. You should be able to find a word with two specific marks using @ period and the mark for each one you want to add.

However, period underscore will find every word with a following maqqef so you can add @ period and the mark to find any such words with that mark.

We could add to the list of new features a specific wildcard for any vowel and another for any cantillation mark, if there was sufficient interest.

• Like 1

Bad news and good news. We do not currently have a way to search for non-specific cantillation marks, only specific ones. You should be able to find a word with two specific marks using @ period and the mark for each one you want to add.

However, period underscore will find every word with a following maqqef so you can add @ period and the mark to find any such words with that mark.

We could add to the list of new features a specific wildcard for any vowel and another for any cantillation mark, if there was sufficient interest.

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your quick respons. Firstly, let me say that your software is invaluable for most of my research; actually my PhD thesis could not have been written without. That said, could you please give me an example of the syntax of what you are explaining in your comment. I'm not able to reproduce a working search based on your explanation, which is undoubtedly due to my inexperience with this type of searching.

Sincerely,

Robert.

• Like 1

It isn't working as I anticipated, sorry. It seems that you can only search for one character on a word at a time.

It isn't working as I anticipated, sorry. It seems that you can only search for one character on a word at a time.

Thank you for checking, this is what I experienced too.

With regard to the 'list of new features'. With the beautiful Masora Thesaurus wouldn't it be great if the search capabilities for cantillation would also be extended?

• Like 3

+1

• 9 months later...

+1

Edited by Brian K. Mitchell

There are at least two different threads asking for a similar aspect, as well as mention of a Bibleworks database (that maybe could be sought after?). There seems to be an increase in interest in this sort of thing. I wouldn't go for it but I know others are very interested and with something that is already made and may run well with Accordance would be of benefit

With regard to the 'list of new features'. With the beautiful Masora Thesaurus wouldn't it be great if the search capabilities for cantillation would also be extended?

+1

Edited by TYA

• 5 years later...

What should we add?

2 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

What should we add?

On 1/7/2018 at 1:59 AM, Helen Brown said:

Would be great to add this proposed feature.

Edited by Accordance Enthusiast

Got it on my list. Thanks!

• Like 1