Note tabs and searching for words

Kristin

If I open a Note as its own tab to search for a word or phrase, the search box is always defaulted to verse instead of word. I always need it to search for a word, however, as if I needed a verse I would open a Bible. Is there a way to set it to always open to search for a word if I open it as its own tab?

Thanks,

Kristin

p.s. - This is sort of a bonus question which is about Mac Numbers if anyone is game to answer. If I want to write a biblical reference I always have issues with it changing to time. For example, if I write "1 Tim 1:2" it auto corrects to 1h 1m 2s and 2 Tim 6:12 turns into 2h 6m 12s, which is super annoying. So I need to select all and change to text all the time. Is there a way for a new Numbers sheet to open as Text as the default instead of Automatic?

As for Numbers, I was unable to see a setting to make the change you want. I suppose you can always select the whole table and set the cell format when you start. There might be a way to do this in Excel or OpenOffice's spreadsheet though.

Hi @Tim Hall,
Ok, thanks for your comment on Numbers. Ya, I am needing to do a select all and change to text, but unfortunately when I add a lot of info at once (like a block of Accordance notes...) some of the new cells auto-snap back to automatic, so I am needing to select all and change to text multiple times a day.

Concerning Excel, that is my recollection that the setting is available there which is why I thought I might be missing something, but given what you said, I guess I am not.

Thanks for checking on your end,

Kristin

In Number type a leading single quote, so : '1 Tim 1:2

And it will interpret it as text and not convert it

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea, @Λύχνις Δαν. I noticed that Corinthians is turning into time also, so I tried the quote and that fixed it. It is obnoxious that Numbers does this, especially since I have never even heard of anyone writing time with Cor or Tim, so it is really bizarre, but it is good to have a workaround.

Kristin

The prefix ' is common spreadsheet paradigm to override autoformatting. Unfortunately I don't see how to format a whole column to Text which is what you would normally do. That most be a limitation of numbers. However if you have fixed column length you can select all the cells in the col and format them to text. Then you wouldn't need the leading '.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know. :) I had never heard that before about the apostrophe, but I will for sure remember that for Cor and Tim, and any other book it decides to convert to time.

Take care,

Kristin