Jump to content

Changing font settings for multiple texts at once in the Library causes bug in Research Tab


TYA
 Share

Recommended Posts

As I most recently discovered in this post (https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/32034-research-tab-giving-totally-random-false-hits-for-hebrew-aramaic-searches/#comment-157600) after 4-5 hours of lost productivity, it turns out that if I try to change the font settings for multiple Greek or Hebrew / Aramaic texts in the Library, then those texts don't display properly (gibberish) when listing search results in the Research Tab.

 

That is to say, in the results pane in the Research Tab, the Greek and Hebrew texts will now display as gibberish.  If I actually open the texts in their own window, then they display fine, but in the results (or perhaps "preview" pane) in the Research Tab, the characters essentially become gibberish.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I experienced this same but several months ago after changing several Hebrew and Greek texts via the library. It took a lot of work with Billy to figure out the problem. The default has to be set individually for each text, painful as that is.

 

Programmers: I would request a setting in preferences to set default text sizes for Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek texts globally.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PS. What was found is that changing the text settings of multiple texts via the library corrupts the workspace for the research tab. Try reverting to an earlier saved workspace or session. That resolved the issue for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

Programmers: I would request a setting in preferences to set default text sizes for Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek texts globally.

 

Yes, please. Specific line spacing for each language, as well, would be really appreciated! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TYA This issue has been reported to the programming team.

 

The quick fix is to 'rename' or 'delete' the Text Display preference file which is in the Accordance Preferences folder located at:

 

Go/Home/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Text Display on a Mac

 

Or

 

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences\Text Display on a Windows PC

 

Then restart Accordance. However this will change all of the text pane settings back to default.

 

 

Michael's solution of switching to an earlier auto-saved session or workspace would be a better solution if you have one of those available.

 

 

Posting feature requests would have a better impact from that forums page: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/forum/8-feature-requests/

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Billy for advising that the bug has been reported.

 

Quote

Michael's solution of switching to an earlier auto-saved session or workspace would be a better solution if you have one of those available.

 

I have many workspaces, and thankfully, the font settings are "locked in" safely in those; and I've rarely had problems with Workspaces.  The problem is in everything else, where font settings randomly "go missing" every few months (it seems).  I'm certain I've had to manually redo the font settings on Greek, Hebrew, Syriac, and Arabic modules (outside of Workspaces) at least three times, if not more, in about the last year.  Each time takes roughly 1 hour.

 

Also, I can't say that I tried reverting to an earlier auto-saved session in this last episode, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't have worked.  Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm not just trying to sound negative or argumentative, but with all that I did in 3-5 hours of troubleshooting this last time around, I may have tried using an auto-saved session.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...