workspaces fighting with each other

Kristin

This is an odd bug which only started after updating the program.

BEFORE I updated, if I had workspace A open with HALOT or BDAG and clicked on a word, it would show me the word there etc. Then if I moved to a new workspace, say workspace B and clicked on a word, HALOT would obviously open in B, since I had just clicked a word in B. On a Mac if I press the F3 key to show everything open, I would see workspace A and B with HALOT showing the words in each workspace.

AFTER I updated and I had A open with HALOT and then if I clicked on a word in B, HALOT does NOT open in B, but shows up in A. This loses the HALOT entry in workspace A and replaces it with workspace B, even though the word studies of A and B are totally unrelated.

I have tried to describe this the best I can, so hopefully it makes sense. It would help if it was how it was before, where if I click on a word in a workspace, that the HALOT or BDAG entry opens in that workspace, instead of recycling a totally unrelated workspace.

Kristin

One solution might be to turn off the recycle option in HALOT in workspace A before going into workspace B, then turning it off in B before switching to A and turning it back on in A.

I used sessions for my sermon work and normally if HALOT, BDAG or any other lexicon is open in one workspace it will recycle it there, but not always ... I have not been able to figure out a rhyme or reason to it.

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for the idea, but I really think this is a bug. I can't turn off recycling, since I need the workspaces to recycle WITHING the workspace as it always had forever until this last update. So needing to click and unclick and click and unclick "recycle" sounds almost as bad as needing to unclick "enabled" for highlights as I need to already do 100x a day. I hope this is a bug and will get fixed.

There is an amplify preference that constrains amplification to the same workspace. Did that get reset on the upgrade ?

Preferences -> Amplify ... Other ....

confine amplify to the same workspace

Make sure that is checked.

thx

D

• Like 3