New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (NRSVue)

R. Mansfield

I also find it weird we don't have it yet. The Accordance team has been clear in the forums about their actions to pursue the text. 
But on the academic side, I can share that the entities in charge have very much bungled the release of this text. Sporadic in efforts, not consistent in conversation, and quite bad at public information. I'm sure they're working with limited resources.

I suspect the Accordance team has been left frustrated waiting as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Weaks said:

entities in charge

Here I'm referring equally to the National Council of Churches, SBL, Friendship Press, and the NRSVue committee. 

20 hours ago, Joe Weaks said:

Here I'm referring equally to the National Council of Churches, SBL, Friendship Press, and the NRSVue committee. 

I remember being surprised that there was virtually no information about the NRSVue at SBL last November—especially since the initial Kindle version was released a month or two later. And I say, virtually, because I did find a cardboard cut out for the NRSV with a QR code over off to the side of the exhibit floor, as if someone had brought it for a booth and then decided not to include it. Weird.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 12:50 AM, rfowler said:

Looks like the last time I posted on this topic was way back in December 2021, and 8 months later we still have no definitive word on when NRSVue will appear in Accordance? Sad. Disappointed.

It does appear that in May of this @Mark Allison posted that the publisher had agree to transition their licensing arrangements over to the NSRVue.

• 1 month later...

Having bought this translation in another program I use I can say that I enjoy it and especially its cross references. When it pops up in Accordance I will definitely grab it. 

-dan

• Like 1

Every few months it seems that I stumble my way into this thread and say: "When, oh when, oh when, will Accordance make the new NRSVue translation available?"

Is there any news???

• Like 1

We will not have an update until after Sept 23rd. The company that handles the file transfers for this Bible told us several weeks ago that they will be out of the office until then.

• Like 3

Wow. Thanks for the report, however disappointing it may be!

• 4 weeks later...

Glad it is coming but sad that Accordance is the last of the big three software companies to get it released. 

-dan

Uh....it's now past Sept 23. Is there any word on when this will become available within Accordance?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've been following this threat and was wondering, are there are any updates on the NRSVue release for Accordance?  Thanks!

• Like 1

I emailed Oaktree/Accordance in early October, and the response I got indicated that they hoped to have something available for the upcoming SBL meeting. That would be November 19-22, 2022. It would be lovely to get confirmation of that here!

• Like 1

Waiting with bated breath!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good to have this, but be aware that it is not tagged like the original NRSV.

• Like 1

Just now, mgvh said:

Good to have this, but be aware that it is not tagged like the original NRSV.

Key numbering will come eventually. But the Updated Edition was too different from the 1989 NRSV to simply run scripts to apply Strong's Numbers.

• Like 2

Delighted to see this! Purchased and installed!

Now I'm embarrassed: I should know, but I don't: what is the function of the "NSRVue parallel texts" option? How does that work?

Edited by rfowler
adding a question
  • Like 1

Purchased it this morning. Thank you so much for obtaining this translation for Accordance!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rfowler said:

what is the function of the "NSRVue parallel texts" option? How does that work?

Additional material including some Esther from the greek, ps 151 and some Daniel. Links in with additional notes in the oxford commentary. 

copied from the original nrsv translator notes as i haven't upgraded yet:

Finally, since the Additions to the Book of Esther are disjointed and quite unintelligible as they stand in most editions of the Apocrypha, we have provided them with their original context by translating the whole of the Greek version of Esther from Robert Hanhart's Göttingen edition (1983).

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Key numbering will come eventually.

Do you know if that will be a paid upgrade for the tagged version?

11 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Do you know if that will be a paid upgrade for the tagged version?

I do not know at this point. 

I’m just happy to finally have the text. Thanks for getting this out!

• Like 1