highlighting way off in Arabic Qur'an

Kristin

If you search for an Arabic word and "highlight all hits", Accordance highlights a random phrase next to the word.

There also doesn't seem to be a logic. In the screenshot you can see it is highlighting a phrase to the right, but then in the last example the word occurs three times, yet it only highlighted a random phrase twice.

Bildschirmfoto2024-05-07um09_42_44.thumb.png.f64a3bc7a8353785e91f8edd54a9b0f6.png

What macOS and Accordance version? Can you also send us the sample search?

1 hour ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

What macOS and Accordance version? Can you also send us the sample search?

Mac - Ventura 13.6

Accordance - 13.3.4

Sample search - A sample is in the screenshot I posted above.

Thanks! I don't have 13 or Ventura to test it on, so maybe someone else here can test and try confirming the bug report. 

30 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! I don't have 13 or Ventura to test it on, so maybe someone else here can test and try confirming the bug report. 

Just a thought, but maybe a test could be just testing it at all? Then if it works, that might suggest it is platform specific, but if you have the issue on a different OS, then that would also be diagnostic.

• Like 1

I can try. Can you paste your search term in a text file so I can copy/paste it directly into Accordance to ensure I have exactly what you're searching?

Are you on Intel or Apple Silicon?

Hi Nathan,

I am on an M1. 

here is the search:

وَلِىّ

(It was technically = and وَلِىّ but when I pasted it hear it put the equals on the wrong side. I had just been searching the lex of that word).

Here's what I got when I ran the search and my highlight file.

2024-05-08_18-03-23.png

Test Highlights.zip

1 hour ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Here's what I got...

Hi Nathan,

This for sure confirms that it is a major tagging bug as I had suspected, and not specific to a particular OS or Accordance version. Please report this bug.

Sounds good. Thanks! I'll start with our module developers to see if it's a module issue, and if it turns out to involve programming, we can bring them in.