finding a word in two books

Kristin

I understand with the range command, that I can search for a word in a specific book, such as "love [RANGE lk]" or for a range, such as "love [RANGE lk-rev]"

However, how do I search for a word in a range of two books which are not next to each other? For example, all the instances of love in Mt or Lk.

I tried "love [RANGE Mt] <OR> [RANGE Lk]" and that did nothing.

Thank you for any clarity anyone can provide.

Kristin

Hi Kristin. With the range command you can use as the range any verse list that you can put in the search bar.

So, try love [RANGE Mat,Luk]

To show you a similar but finer grained example love [RANGE Mat 1:1-6:10,Luk 15:4-18:8]

PS - there's no rhyme or reason to the second example

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 2

Using a comma to separate the books seems to work for me. In the ESV, love [RANGE mt] produces 13 hits, love [RANGE lk] produces 16 hits, and love [RANGE mt,lk] produces 29 hits.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ken Simpson said:

Hi Kristin. With the range command you can use as the range any verse list that you can put in the search bar.

So, try love [RANGE Mat,Luk]

To show you a similar but finer grained example love [RANGE Mat 1:1-6:10,Luk 15:4-18:8]

PS - there's no rhyme or reason to the second example

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Thank you for your response, as that did fix it. However, it ironically didn't address what I was looking to do. My ultimate goal is to find "love" in Mt vs Lk and then look at the hits graph, so that I can see the visual indicator of ONLY Mt and Lk. However, even when I do the range of only Mt and Lk, the graph is still for the entire NT. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Nevermind, I must have mistyped something, as now it is only showing those two books. Sorry for not noticing this before I responded again.

8 hours ago, Kristin said:

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Nevermind, I must have mistyped something, as now it is only showing those two books. Sorry for not noticing this before I responded again.

Easy to do. No nevermind Kristin. Always happy.

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1