saving a workspace spanning two monitors

Kristin

I know this is a really basic question, but I am having some difficulty with this.

I have a workspace which was feeling really cramped. I thus detached a few of the tabs and moved them to a second monitor, and then tied the tabs to the original workspace. This is working really well until I wanted to save it. I notice that my original workspace (let's call it "Class") is called "Class", but the detached tabs are now just called "Workspace 5".

So now if I save "Class" is workspace 5 going to be saved along with it? Or how can I save a workspace spanning two monitors? 

4 hours ago, Kristin said:

I know this is a really basic question, but I am having some difficulty with this.

I have a workspace which was feeling really cramped. I thus detached a few of the tabs and moved them to a second monitor, and then tied the tabs to the original workspace. This is working really well until I wanted to save it. I notice that my original workspace (let's call it "Class") is called "Class", but the detached tabs are now just called "Workspace 5".

So now if I save "Class" is workspace 5 going to be saved along with it? Or how can I save a workspace spanning two monitors? 

Hi Kristin, I just tried this and it works. 

If you would like to save multiple workspaces within the same session;

All you need to do it is save the file as a 'session' instead of a workspace 

Note: it will not save it to your second monitor so you will have to customize the display each time you open up the session. 

Hope this helps, 

Thanks, 

Rick 

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 7.33.24 PM.png

• Thanks 1