cross reference in NKJV with strongs

Manna2023

Hi,

I am using NKJV with strongs text and couldn't find the cross reference in it. I can see it in ESV with strongs. Is the cross reference only available for ESV?

Thanks

Moses

Any cross references for the NKJV will be in the KJV Notes files.  

The separate ESV Cross references module you have is from an older version, as explained in this note on the ESV-S page on the website:

8/2/16 Update: The 5.0 update combines the Translators’ Notes and the Cross References into a single module (ESV Notes). The separate Cross References file (ESV Crossrefs) can be removed from the Accordance Library.

If you go to thomas nelson page you will see the nrsv with cross references is a separate publication. I have the same problem with the nrsv where the publishers either sell you cross references or translator notes but not both in the same volume, not even in the oxford study bible. (Both the esv and niv translator notes have cross references and there are probably others but my kjv notes dont appear to include cross references either.)
if references are important to you and they must be in the nkjv, you may want to investigate the andrews study bible which has both and is in accordance.
https://www.accordancebible.com/product/andrews-study-bible-notes-with-nkjv/

Alternatively make a new module request for the nkjv study bible which has both. I ran a quick search and couldnt see that it has been requested before. On the publishers, thomas nelson, web site there are a few different study bibles to choose from. 

https://www.thomasnelsonbibles.com/nkjv-bible/

Edited by ukfraser

thank you @ukfraser. I couldn't find Andrews study bible in the accordance 13.x version I have. How to I make a new module request?

I was able to download Andrews study bible and it has the notes, but no cross reference and the bible itself.

7 hours ago, Manna2023 said:

How to I make a new module request?

On the forum go to module requests and just start a new topic, button top right, but they like publisher and isbn number 

https://forums.accordancebible.com/forum/91-module-requests/

C791CBF3-A73D-4AE0-86E4-4794CB73FE99.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

6 hours ago, Manna2023 said:

I was able to download Andrews study bible and it has the notes, but no cross reference and the bible itself.

According to the description it has 65,000 cross references and translation notes in the product detail window there are references in the text. I assume then its designed to use the text of the study bible with the passage you are reading to see the cross references. The links are in green in the screenshot below taken from the product page. 

F623B553-3A19-4623-AB34-BF1FA30CD7D8.jpeg

7950F538-4B3A-42D2-A9E4-5188509DCA81.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

The text has footnotes that do not tie to any linked translation notes. This is an incomplete product and needs to be remedied.

The NKJV is one of Accordance's earliest titles, and for some reason the footnote superscripts were never added. Perhaps they were never in the source files provided by Thomas Nelson. Whatever the reason, they should be added so the notes and cross-references can be displayed in Instant Details. And, of course, the cross-references need to be added as well. 

Accordance should probably note these limitations on the product page @Nathan Parker.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

Yes I agree, this product is incomplete. I does not show cross reference, nor the actual bible verses at mentioned in the description. I will reach out accordance product support.

@Mark Allison I'll have our web team look at it. Thanks!

• Like 1

Update from our team: Notes are included in our NKJV Notes module, but without the superscript characters. I don’t see any cross-references for NKJV in any online versions. 

8 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I don’t see any cross-references for NKJV in any online versions. 

Hey @Nathan Parker, Bible Gateway appears to provide both footnotes and cross-references for the NKJV. For example, here's John 1:5:

john-1-5-bible-gateway.png.f97a0af64dbc119cb50e128ab15928c4.png

Thanks for that feedback. Let me show this to our teams and see how they're accessing the footnotes. I'll respond back when I get additional info.

@Nathan Parker, Hi, any update? I am still not able to access the bible via Andrew Study bible text. When I purchased a week ago the description clearly mentioned that the bundle includes Andrew Study bible notes and the NJKV Bible and also 65000 cross reference. I neither see the NKJV bible nor the cross reference. I am not sure if I am looking at wrong place. please help.

I have attached the screenshot of the description for Andrew bible study notes in accordancebible.com

Andrews study bible.jpg

Let me find out. Thanks for pointing out the description in the study Bible.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything else at the moment. I'll see if I can find out next week.

were you able to check? If this package does not have cross reference and the bible as mentioned in description, then it is not usable. I would request a refund. Please let me know whom should I call to discuss this. Thanks.

It seems to me there are two different issues here. Most of the "notes" for the NKJV are translators notes in the print editions, not cross-references. I own several print editions of the NKJV that only include the translators notes which primarily call attention to the differences with the NA/UBS texts. My suggestion is if one wants good cross references is to use Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.

That being said, it would be good to have the NKJV notes. 

@Manna2023 I didn't get a clear answer, so I'm going to forward this to Customer Service. They should be able to give you an accurate answer, and followup if you need a refund.

Here's what Customer Service told me:

Typically, cross references, if included, come in the accompanying notes file. The NKJVS has an NKJVS Notes file that downloads as an accessory module. When I open the module, I see what appears to be cross references (?), at least similar to the KJV. It does not appear to be quite as elaborate as the ESV though. Our product page only states margin notes are included.

I'm still not getting a clear answer on the study Bible. At this point, I'd recommend calling them. That way you can deal with them in real-time. I will also email them and tell them you'll be calling about the study Bible.

I dug around in my copy of Andrews. I don't see any "cross references", but I see a "Theme Index" with some Scriptures, and the notes themselves have some of those references in the notes.

It's not identical to a full "cross-references" system though, so I'd definitely recommend calling Customer Service.

Looking at the publishers product page and screen shot there is this statement

highlighted center margin with 65,000 cross references and translation notes

Did accordance either not get the file or haven't included it all in the module?
Its worth checking what was received and contacting the publisher if not all the content was included.

https://universitypress.andrews.edu/store/Religion/Andrews-University-Press/Andrews-Study-Bible-(NKJV)-Premium-Fine-Leather-Black/Book/2_231.action

5A0A270A-BB29-416E-8634-29F9C13205E0.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser