Accordance and Tarot cards

Mark Allison

So . . . the Hebrew word is wrong . . . because it was copied from accordance . . . the very software being advertised to help learn and use Hebrew . . . 

At least a bug has been identified 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sean Nelson said:

There are, but I am not one of them. And I am the one who made the graphic. It's in the process of being updated.

Don't worry to much about it. The graphic you made isn't even the correct Hebrew for Tarot either that would be  טָארוֹט or קְלָפֵי טָארוֹט  . 

15 hours ago, A. Smith said:

So . . . the Hebrew word is wrong . . . because it was copied from accordance . . . the very software being advertised to help learn and use Hebrew . . . 

At least a bug has been identified 

We tried it from Wikipedia's page, and the same thing happened. In this case, it was actually an incorrect setting in the third-party app we were using, not Accordance. I thought it was an Accordance bug, but I was mistaken.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

Don't worry to much about it. The graphic you made isn't even the correct Hebrew for Tarot either that would be  טָארוֹט or קְלָפֵי טָארוֹט  . 

That's good to know!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 2:02 PM, Nathan Parker said:

That's good to know!

But is it really?  😆

Incidentally, wanted to say this somewhere for a few folks to see, but didn't know where. I have scanned the new posts on the Accordance User Forums essentially daily since BEFORE it was a web forum and was instead an email user group. 😃

I will no longer be checking the forum daily and "keeping up". Normally if someone wants to bring me in on a discussion regarding integration with macOS utilities (Shortcuts, Services, Scripting, Automation, etc.) or other Mac inter-application issues in particular, they will tag me. Please continue to do so. Also, feel free to send me a direct message anytime. 

Edited by Joe Weaks
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Joe Weaks said:

But is it really?  😆

Incidentally, wanted to say this somewhere for a few folks to see, but didn't know where. I have scanned the new posts on the Accordance User Forums essentially daily since BEFORE it was a web forum and was instead an email user group. 😃

I will no longer be checking the forum daily and "keeping up". Normally if someone wants to bring me in on a discussion regarding integration with macOS utilities (Shortcuts, Services, Scripting, Automation, etc.) or other Mac inter-application issues in particular, they will tag me. Please continue to do so. Also, feel free to send me a direct message anytime. 

Joe, I too have found myself not looking at Accordance forums nearly as much.  It def has changed since 14.  Before, I would use the forums to learn how to perform searches or even ask questions.  Now, I see it is mostly issues with the current software.  I am grateful for those behind the scenes who work very hard at making at Accordance work.  For almost a two years, I have heard very little from higher ups/owner addressing the issues with what was once an amazing product for learning biblical education and solutions.  I have heard about lots of products forthcoming, a year later nothing but working on "almost" beta editions.  Syncing issues abound with little to no solutions.  Unfortunately, this list could go on, but will not bring about any solution other than I will send it up.  I still use Accordance, but cannot in good faith recommend it to others until many of these issues either get resolved.

• Like 1

Some of the forum discussions of late have become more of a Festivus "airing of grievances" concerning 14, However, with 14.0.7 running well for the majority of our users, I'm hoping the forums will pivot back to their original purposes: to learn how to perform searches, ask "how to" questions, etc. 

I've tried to be as transparent with customers as possible on customer requests/questions on the forums without "over promising" anything. I will say that our entire teams have been hard at work, and I appreciate all of the efforts they've been doing. Some of their work is "behind the scenes" stuff that isn't as "noticeable" publicly, but it is still solid work that results in long-term benefits to our customers.

• Like 3