Accordance and Ventura compatibility question

Kristin

I am still on Monterey and have been giving consideration to moving to Ventura. HOWEVER, I would ONLY do it if it won't give me Accordance problems.

I know at first that there were some bugs attributed to compatibility with Ventura, but looking through the forums, I kind of think those specific bugs are no longer an issue, and it is safe to download.

Or would anyone recommend I still wait?

p.s. - Also, on a side note, those of you on Ventura, assuming it works ok with Accordance, do you recommend upgrading, or do you think I should stick with Monterey? I was looking at YouTube and it didn't seem like a catastrophic overhaul, but I would appreciate hearing opinions.

Thanks,

Kristin

Ventura 13.5 and Accordance 14.0.7 are working well for me--I am having no issues with either.

—Joseph

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Solly said:

Ventura 13.5 and Accordance 14.0.7 are working well for me--I am having no issues with either.

—Joseph

Likewise.

• Like 1

No issues at all. 

• Like 1

No issues with Accordance 14 on Ventura.

Should you upgrade to Ventura? I did for two specific reasons: 1) Undo Send in mail and messages, and 2) the addition (FINALLY) of the Weather & Clock apps. 

• Like 1

I run Accordance 14 on Ventura, and I don't have any major issues. I can easily use Accordance for my everyday work. I even did mission-critical PhD research with it.

If you do upgrade to Ventura, I do recommend you double-check a few Privacy settings in macOS concerning Accordance (I can post those here), as they ensure the ideal experience.

One "feature" of Ventura I appreciate is Rapid Security Updates. Ventura's security updates can be applied faster than previous versions of macOS.

• Like 1

HI @Nathan Parker,

Ya, if you know of specific settings which are important to change for Accordance's sake, it would for sure be helpful if you are able to post them here. :)

• Like 2

I have had trouble getting Accordance 14 to sync with Dropbox running Ventura on a MacBook Air. 

• Like 1

Hi @Vaughn Arthur,

After a horrible sync corruption I stopped using Dropbox with Accordance a few years ago, so that would not personally cause me issues, but important to know. It might have to do with the security settings Nathan mentioned perhaps? So hopefully that would fix it on your end.

Thanks @Kristin. Yes, I'm hoping that when he posts those settings it will help. I don't know any other way to sync besides over Dropbox. Is there something I'm missing? I use both PC and Mac and would love to sync my highlights, user notes, etc. 

• Like 1

@Kristin Will do!

@Vaughn Arthur Some users are reporting issues with Dropbox syncing on Ventura. It's working for me. In 14.1 it won't be an issue though. :-)

• Like 1

Hi @Vaughn Arthur,

Currently the only way people are able to sync is through Dropbox. A lot of people (including a thread from yesterday or maybe earlier today...) was talking about how helpful it would be for Accordance to sync through iCloud. So hopefully they are working on that for the future, as pretty much everyone using Mac here wants iCloud syncing.

In the meantime, I have used AirDrop between my devices. It is not the same by any stretch of the imagination, but it has worked to transfer data to Accordance on two Mac computers.

@Kristin @Vaughn Arthur We won't be implementing iCloud sync for the reasons I mentioned in the other thread (won't work with our Windows app, and to take full advantage of iCloud syncing, we'd have to move our app to the Mac App Store and accept all the limitations that come with it). What we're doing instead in 14.1 is cutting out the middleman on syncing and delivering our own enhanced syncing that we have full control over, not a third-party like Dropbox or iCloud.

Me too!

• Like 1

Here you go!

Have you adjusted theses settings in Ventura yet? This is required so that Accordance can function normally.

• Open System Settings by clicking the apple on macOS to ‘Privacy & Security’.
  • Please give Accordance ‘Full Disk Access’ and ‘Accessibility’ so that Accordance can function normally.
  • If Accordance is not in the box on the right side (in Accessibility), you can add it with the + button underneath the window and then navigate to Applications > Accordance and then select ‘Open’.
  • There are 2 Accessibilities in System Settings we need to address the Accessibility that is inside ‘Privacy & Security’.

Without changing these settings Ventura will ‘sandbox’ Accordance causing crashes and other assorted failures.

• Like 1

Thanks @Nathan Parker

I just adjusted the settings and then restarted the computer but Accordance still froze when I tried to "Sync with Dropbox". I continue to get the "Force Quit" window with the message "Your system has run out of application memory." 

I'm running Accordance 14.0.7 on a MacBook Air with the Apple M2 chip, 8 GB memory and macOS Version 13.5. 

The Mac was already set to give Accordance full disk access, but I had to add Accordance to the Accessibility setting in Privacy and Security. 

I'd recommend emailing support on that one. Tell them you've tried the Ventura privacy settings adjustments so we can go straight to other troubleshooting matters.