Collect Highlights

screfield

How do I collect together the texts I've highlights in various documents in Accordance? I use BOTH an iPhone and my Mac Laptop.

Thanks. 

Edited by screfield

Doesnt answer you question right now but Im hoping that one day stacks will be available on both full fat and the semi skinned versions so the stacks i create in my mbp i can use edit or create new ones on my ipad and iphone.

we are told that mobile platforms are a priority this year (and now that 14 is more stable we have some hope that it light at the end of the tunnel and not a train coming) so there may be other enhancements to offer you different solutions to what you want to achieve as we all work in different ways.

so 

one day

;o)  

Edited by ukfraser

1) You can sync the highlights together (as in your other post)

then

2) you can search with the [STYLE x] command replace 'x' with the name of the highlight you want to find. This will show you every bit of text highlighted in that style. 

Is that what you're asking?

Stacks are brilliant - probably my favourite tool - the fact they aren't on iPad alone renders that version almost unusable

@ukfraser and @Leopold Green what am I missing? Both of you have shared about stacks in answer to the question but I don't see stacks at all in the question. I'm afraid I'm missing something obvious. 

For me, I want to be able to collect texts together from various documents, highlighted or not into a 'collection' i can refer back to.

searching for a highlight style is ok for showing them but i would still need to copy them and currently i would then go to apples notes to paste them so i have them as a collection i can refer to without rerunning the search. Stacks would give me the abilty to paste the collection in accordance. 

so for example, currently, when preparing a sermon, i run a search on the lectionary readings, these are copied and pasted into apples notes, when i come across additional relevant passages, these are also copied into apples notes. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

For me, I want to be able to collect texts together from various documents, highlighted or not into a 'collection' i can refer back to.

searching for a highlight style is ok for showing them but i would still need to copy them and currently i would then go to apples notes to paste them so i have them as a collection i can refer to without rerunning the search. Stacks would give me the abilty to paste the collection in accordance. 

so for example, currently, when preparing a sermon, i run a search on the lectionary readings, these are copied and pasted into apples notes, when i come across additional relevant passages, these are also copied into apples notes. 

ahh. I see the connection to stacks now. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:16 AM, A. Smith said:

1) You can sync the highlights together (as in your other post)

then

2) you can search with the [STYLE x] command replace 'x' with the name of the highlight you want to find. This will show you every bit of text highlighted in that style. 

Is that what you're asking?

I was looking for this, thank you. Can also be done on the Iphone or iPad?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, alexisenrique said:

I was looking for this, thank you. Can also be done on the Iphone or iPad?

absolutely. Under the search bar, click more. Then commands. Then style. Then proceed as with desktop. 

IMG_7157.png

• Like 2