Need Help Copying & Pasting from a Tool into a User Note

Louis Lapides

I'm working through Romans 9 and sometimes I want to insert a brief citation from a commentary such as Harvey on KEL into a User Note.

When I copy the text from KEL as a citation, and paste it into a note, I can never get the font to match. I have to go to Edit>Paste and Match Style or I have to do it manually. Is this the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do or am I missing something. Maybe my settings are off under "Citation." Should be a simple fix. I want to copy and paste without making format adjustments. Thanks!!

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 9.57.01 PM.png

• Like 1

Hi,

If I understand correctly you want to keep the User note format when you place a text from another source. If this is the case use the command shift+option+command+v on a Mac. For Windows use the similar keys. 

Edited by Paul Bucur

Hi @Louis Lapides,
My understanding is what you are currently doing is the best way. The Notes seem to be fundamentally different from Tools when it comes to fonts. Maybe someone else has a better idea, but I think what you are doing is the best option.

• Like 1

@Kristin you're probably correct. There are a few improvements I'd like to see with User Notes. One of them is to eliminate some of the steps when it comes to copying and pasting. I was looking for a setting that said, "Match format/style of destination document." My wording is probably inaccurate. But I think the developers would know what I am talking about.

Another improvement is that when you are in User Notes and go to a Tool or a Text to grab a citation, User Notes returns to the "un-updated" view. I think a user should be able to go to the resource he or she wants, while leaving the User Note open, paste in the citation they want, and then update the note with the new citation added. I hope I'm making sense. 

I enjoy using the User Notes, but there are a few wanky things with this tool that make it difficult to use. I may post my suggestions in a place in the User Forums where the developer team can see my comments. But thanks for responding.

Hi @Louis Lapides,

I for sure agree with you that it would help a lot for the Notes to be updated as you suggested. My only concern, however, is that the Notes currently experience really severe irreversible corruption, so I am worried about other changes. I think what really needs to happen is for the Notes to not just be slightly improved, but truly updated, so that the corruption issues are a thing of the past, and they can include features like you mentioned.

Kristin

• Like 1

@Kristin check out the discussion in this other forum I started. I think @Paul Bucur helped to clear some of the issues I raised, I. Addition, I came to some realizations about some improvements I can make to address this issue. Let me know if anything g said was helpful to you,

• Like 1

Hi @Louis Lapides,

Thanks for the link. I don't actually paste citations too often, 95% of my notes are literally my notes, but I appreciated reading the thread. It would for sure be good to see stability improvements to the notes.

• Like 1

@Kristin I'm only pasting citations in my notes to support my own comments. I mostly use Stacks for my citations, which is also a great Accordance tool. Thanks for your comments.

• Like 1