Thinking about updating to the newest version

marco sanchez

Greetings Saints and Warriors,

I am working with 13.3.4 and I am thinking about updating to the newest version but I wanted to make sure it doesn't interfere with the already fragile sync function which is very important to me. I have learned that if you clear the "recently opened" on your remote devise (iphone & ipad) before you sync, it is a little more stable if you pray and exercise your faith when you click the button 😉

Anyways, that function is very important for me to be able to sync to my iphone and I did not want to loose that ability if I upgrade.

One other question, is there a way to show my recently opened or edited user tools on the computer? I have a lot of user tools I have made and it is somewhat difficult to track the different files I work on each day.

Thank you for your help and may God continue to bless this amazing company and their employees.

Marco

Edited by marco sanchez

I can offer you only my opinion.  I would wait a little while to update. I have 13 on my main computer (MAC) and 14 on a secondary (MAC) and for fun 14 on Windows 10 in VirtualBox on a Linux computer. While 14 has made some strides there are still some issues but not everyone has the same problem so a little hard to say what your experience may be. For that reason it may be better to look again when 14.0.5 comes out. It's supposed to have many bugs fixed.

You don't say what OS platform you're using but I can tell you on MAC Ventura I ran into a bug that I can't log into Dropbox to sync on my secondary computer. I could also be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that there's a compatibility issue on 14 with 13 created personal tools. I don't know what that means but maybe you can find the forum posts on that.

There a number of nice things in 14 though so I think you shouldn't mind waiting.

• Like 2

Hi @marco sanchez,

I would just like to mention I agree with @Larry Wing. Some people have not had many issues with v.14, while some people are still having a lot of issues. Since that one feature you mentioned is really important to you, I personally wouldn't risk it yet. (Also, at some point if you do upgrade, before you do, be sure to do a solid backup using TimeMachine.

Kristin

• Like 2

@marco sanchez I am going to agree because of User Tools. I know that Accordance programmers are working on getting User Tools from 14 openable on iOS, but for now, they are not. If this is a massive thing for you, I would advise waiting until they update the iOS app.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. You guys are amazing. Yes, it is very important to be able to open my user tools and sync them to my iphone and ipad, so I think I will wait for that. We just need to keep praying for our folks at Accordance. They are doing an amazing job. I am sure they are struggling with the same problems many companies are these days... the funding to keep amazing people staffed to keep things moving. I'm sure it is no easy task doing what they do. I'll say one thing for sure. This program has changed my life, and through that, some people around me. Thank you Jesus.

Keep up the good work Accordance team, we love you guys.

Marco

I would upgrade after the following releases:

14.0.5 on Desktop

The iOS update that allows you to open 14 User Tools in.

14.0.5 Desktop should be releasing shortly. We’re also getting closer to releasing the iOS update to support 14 User Tools. We might be waiting until shortly after 14.0.5 since I thought we’re using some 14.0.5 code in it, but I’m not 100% sure on that.