Background Color Feature Request + One

rgallo

Hello Nathan

Would like to change the background color for the Info Pane, Reading Mode and Instant Details. Can this be added to ACC 14?

I looked in Preferences and nothing.  No gears and display settings. The white background is not easy to look at for extended periods time. A strain on the eyes.

Would be nice to have different background colors. Can this be done? 

The Themes use light pastel colors for the Info Pane. Could be better.

Another feature is a real back button. Accordance works great for going forward but has difficulty for going back multiple steps.

I always like to see where I started.

Other software do have a back arrow or revert multiple steps. Can this be done?

Thank You for all your help

Edited by rgallo
correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rgallo said:

Another feature is a real back button. Accordance works great for going forward but has difficulty for going back multiple steps.

I always like to see where I started.

+1

• Like 2

Hi @rgallo,

Maybe I am totally missing something... but my Info Pane is not white. It's this tan color which is very easy to read. My Instant Details are a very light gray, close to white, but not white.

You may not want to do this, but if you go to Preferences --> Appearance and set the "General Theme" to something else, it will change the colors. I use "Canyon" because I find it the easiest to read and the least distracting when I work.

• Like 1

Hello @Kristin

I will explain it to you better. I am aware of Preferences > Appearance > General Theme > Color Choice.

Yes I have used the colors you mentioned. I set mine to grayscale.

That's not what I was looking to do. Those are all presets and too lite for me. Too much 80's Memphis Milano pastels.

What I would like to do is set a custom background color for each zone.

The window for the Bible text background color has the gear for Enter Reading Mode and Set Text Pane Display

In Set Text Pane Display I can choose darker background colors  by going Theme > Default > Slate, Vintage, Silver and Night Sky.

The other way is Customize Theme > Background> Color pick the preset colors or make custom color. I usually stay with the preset colors.

This is the only zone or window where I can choose a background color or to customize.

So what I am asking for is to change the background colors of the zones. Three different colors. Slate for the Bible, Silver for the Info Pane and Parchment for Instant Details

Reading Mode has a gear > Set Text Pane Display. For some reason I can not change the background color. Does not work. Can you replicate that?

Info Pane has a gear for Set Info Pane Options but no way to change the background color.

Instant Details has no gear to change the background color.

I would like to change the background color for each zone. How about parchment for all zones or slate or mix the colors up

Just a thought. Is this goofy and too complicated. Curious. I think some other people asked about this.

Nathan was asking for feature feedback. 

Thanks for all your help

Edited by rgallo
Correction
  • Like 3

Hi @rgallo,

I see, thank you for explaining. Speaking of Instant Details, I think a related thing I could add to what you said, is it would be helpful if the font size was totally independent. As it is, the size of the Instant Details also changes the font of some other things, making it such that when it is the correct size for other texts the Instant Details are too large, and when the Instant Details are the right size it makes the other text too small. I am drawing a blank on what the Instant Details size was changing, but it would be helpful if they had their own font size.

I know that you can change it at the Instant Details themselves with the A a and not the settings, but those changes do  not set defaults.

Concerning Reading Mode, to be honest, I have literally never used reading mode, so I am not a good person to know if it is working correctly or not.

Kristin

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! While I can’t make any promises on any feature additions in Accordance 14, I have passed all of your feedback on for us to consider in future versions of Accordance. Our teams review it all and take it all into consideration for our future plans.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:12 PM, Kristin said:

Hi @rgallo,

Maybe I am totally missing something... but my Info Pane is not white. It's this tan color which is very easy to read. My Instant Details are a very light gray, close to white, but not white.

You may not want to do this, but if you go to Preferences --> Appearance and set the "General Theme" to something else, it will change the colors. I use "Canyon" because I find it the easiest to read and the least distracting when I work.

Hello @Kristin

I got another idea about the background colors which may be easier to do for the developers and I will pass it to Nathan.

Adding more color choices under Themes would work. Darker colors for the zones would be great. May be less work for my first idea.

This for Preferences > Appearance > General Theme

On 2/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for the feedback! While I can’t make any promises on any feature additions in Accordance 14, I have passed all of your feedback on for us to consider in future versions of Accordance. Our teams review it all and take it all into consideration for our future plans.

On 2/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, Nathan Parker said:

Hello @Nathan Parker

I got another idea about the background colors which may be easier to do for the developers.

Adding more color choices under Themes would work. Darker colors for the zones would be great. May be less work than my first idea.

This for Preferences > Appearance > General Themes

Also thanks all your help with my posts about the Podcasts, Modules Requests and Color Background Choices.

Yes I will try to be more specific with the Modules. Im Ok with General Marketing for now too.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback on this!