Craig Petrick

How can a person modify the spell check feature by removing words from the user "Learn"? I have some words that were accepted in error (user malfunction).

• Like 1

Are you on Windows or Mac?

• 2 weeks later...

Mac, Monterey, 12.6.3

@Nathan Parker and @Craig Petrick,

It doesn't matter if it is a Mac or Windows, Accordance supposedly uses the computers spell check, which it flat out won't, so there is no way to have Notes and Tools spell checked. :(

Hi @Nathan Parker,

Just to clarify, spell check works 100% perfectly on the Mac on EVERY program except Accordance. Accordance simply does not spell check. Rick clarified this to me a few years ago that Accordance doesn't spell check, supposedly since multiple languages can be used on Notes. That is true, but my computer spell checks perfectly fine in whatever language I type an email.

My comment above was in reference to @Craig Petrick’s original post. However, I did file your feedback on the issues with Spell Check in Accordance so we can look at better addressing it in a future update.

Tried the suggestion and the incorrect words are not there. A short list that does not accurately reflect what I have added.

I’m asking a Mac mailing list to see if there are any other places on the Mac’s spell checker you need to check. I’ll let you know what I find out.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:03 PM, Kristin said:

Accordance simply does not spell check. Rick clarified this to me a few years ago that Accordance doesn't spell check, supposedly since multiple languages can be used on Notes. That is true, but my computer spell checks perfectly fine in whatever language I type an email.

The limitation regarding spelling has to do with Accordance's older proprietary Notes and User Tools format, not the multiplicity of langauges. This format is not currently compatible with the global spelling checker in macOS. You can check spelling in Papers, however (Search: Spelling) as the underlying format for Papers is both newer and a different format.

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Like 2

Thank you for clarifying that, @R. Mansfield. It can be obnoxious that I am never sure if a Note has an issue or not, but the reason makes sense now.

We could eventually possibly look into a newer file-format for Notes and User Tools that is more compatible with OS’ spell checkers, but that would definitely take some extra time to do. I’ll add it to our feature requests list though as something to consider.

4 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

We could eventually possibly look into a newer file-format for Notes and User Tools that is more compatible with OS’ spell checkers, but that would definitely take some extra time to do. I’ll add it to our feature requests list though as something to consider.

It's been discussed internally for years. It's a topic with a LONG history and not an easy task.

Indeed!