Accordance 14 Still Crashing

robrecht

Nathan Parker asked me to post this here. While attempting to use Andrew Patterson's favorite workspace (downloaded from here), I noticed differing behavior of Accordance Versions 13 and 14. 

When I try to open this workspace in Accordance 13, I get the following messages:

"The text 'PNTC-Letters of John 2' is not currently installed.

Please view our website for a preview of the module and purchase information.

// Go to Website // Continue //"

If I hit Continue, I get the following message:

"The file 'Greek Exegesis' was created with a newer version of Accordance and cannot be completely opened.

Some of the file items may be partially opened, but you will need to update your version of accordance to read the entire file.

// OK //"

But if I try to open in Accordance 14 it just crashes the program. This happens consistently. 

• Like 1

I've also noticed that one of my very recently created workspaces works fine in Accordance 13 but crashes very frequently in Accordance 14. If I recall correctly, think I created this workspace shortly after upgrading to Accordance 14. I've attached it here in case this is helpful.

MT JPS NRSV.accord

• Like 1

To avoid conflicts resulting in crashes, it may be necessary to use the manual setup procedure provided by Andrew. I had to do this because I lack certain modules that Andrew has and therefore Accordance crashes. However, when set up manually with my available modules it works fine.

Edited by Gordon Lyons
  • Like 2

Thanks, Gordon. I will do that. But it still seems strange that while Accordance 13 identifies the missing modules, Accordance 14 just crashes. It also seems strange that one of my workspaces set up in Accordance 14 works in Accordance 13 but freezes up and crashes in Accordance 14.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add my voice to this. I just had a crash and had to force shut down. It opened where I last had it. 

I'm just logging this as a data point.

Accordance 14.0.4 on Windows 11 crashed after doing a 3-note merge.

Merging Note 2 into Note 1 went fine, but Note 2 disappeared after the merge (this might be normal behaviour, but see below about Note 3).

Merging Note 3 into the expanded Note 1 did not complete successfully. Note 1 could not be opened after the merge.

I quit Accordance normally and immediately relaunched Accordance.

Accordance crashed, though I can't definitively attribute the crash to the quitting or the relaunch.

After again relaunching Accordance, Note 1 was accessible and seemed to have the correctly-merged contents from Notes 2 and 3. Note 3 was also accessible.

Edited by Lawrence

@Pastor Jonathan What were you doing when it crashed, and what Accordance version and OS version are you on? That way we can see if we can reproduce the crash.

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

@Pastor Jonathan What were you doing when it crashed, and what Accordance version and OS version are you on? That way we can see if we can reproduce the crash.

Hi, Nathan.

A couple of weeks ago you asked me to post this thread here "so we can take a look." Just wondering if anyone has taken a look yet. Do you need any additional information from me? I'm running Windows 11 on a LG gram 16 laptop with 32 GB RAM and 2 TB SSD.  As outlined in the initial post, Accordance Version 13.3.2.0 seems to work correctly when opening Andrew Peterson's workspace, whereas Accordance Version 14.0.4.0 just crashes. Perhaps you're waiting until you have a Windows machine to verify this problem?  Do you need anything further from me like a crash log or something? Any update would be appreciated.

@robrecht If you can upload crash logs, that would be great. I can give them to our teams to look at. My Windows machine arrived, but I don't have all my Accordance modules installed yet.

If you could give me some instructions on how to locate and upload crash logs, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Good question as I’m still new at doing it on the Windows side (been a Mac user for too long). Give Tech Support an email and ask for Billy. He’ll have the instructions, and you can also send your crash logs directly to him. I’ll followup with him on getting the bug reports filed. I probably need to post those instructions here on the forums.

On 2/28/2023 at 2:42 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Good question as I’m still new at doing it on the Windows side (been a Mac user for too long). Give Tech Support an email and ask for Billy. He’ll have the instructions, and you can also send your crash logs directly to him. I’ll followup with him on getting the bug reports filed. I probably need to post those instructions here on the forums.

Billy's answer:

Those files generate automatically and are placed in the 'Accordance Logs' folder which is usually right next to the 'Accordance Files' folder in Documents.

Unfortunately not all crashes generate crash logs.

Despite many crashes, Accordance 14 has only created one crash log on my computer and it predates this particular issue by a couple of weeks. 

My Internet is finally stabilizing so I can install all my modules. Probably early next week or this weekend, I’ll try testing the workspace. We’re having storms this evening, so I may be sheltering from a tornado.

@Nathan Parker,

Sorry for the delay in response. I was doing a basic word search on Tongue. It stopped, then stuttered, then stopped again. 

Thanks.