Search Returns Genesis 1

tswope

@Nathan Parker

M1 Mac running Ventura 13.4.1 (c)

Accordance: 14.0.7

Edited by Marshall A. Fant
  • Like 1

Mine is properly taking me to Psalms and not back to Genesis on my M2 MacBook Air using the same version of Ventura and Accordance. Might want to email support on this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem on my Macbook Pro. When I enter a verse reference it opens genesis 1:1. When I hit enter again, the correct verse is displayed.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,4

Model Number: Z15H00108LL/A

Chip: Apple M1 Max

Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory: 64 GB

Ventura 13.5 (22G74)

Accordance version 14.0.6

• Like 1

What happens if you update to 14.0.7?

• Like 1

I just tried the update and it still loads Gen 1:1 on the first attempted entry of a verse reference

• Like 1

I'm having issues duplicating this. I'd recommend emailing support on this one.

• Like 1

I’m still getting this behavior on an M1 machine in the latest version. 

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know! Have you emailed support on this one?

• Like 1

No I will continue to press ENTER twice. Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions.

• Like 1

You're welcome to email support and we can attempt to work with you on this. Our support team is fantastic.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This "back to Genesis" bug persists in Accordance 14.0.7 running a 2022 MacBook Air M2 with Ventura 13.5.1. It's quite an annoying bug. Thank you for your reporting and work on this, Accordance team.

Thanks! By the way, anyone experiencing this bug in 14.0.7, go ahead and email support on it so we can further assist you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've written to tech support about this, but also putting yet another data point in:

Same behaviour is still there on 14.0.8 and macOS Sonoma, M1 Mac mini.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sam Freney said:

Same behaviour is still there on 14.0.8 and macOS Sonoma, M1 Mac mini.

Same here (on 14.0.8, Sonoma, M2 Macbook Air), but with one interesting difference. When I press enter for my search for Rom 9, and I'm dumped to Genesis 1, nothing is highlighted anymore. This seems significant to me. Before, the first verse of Genesis would be highlighted (as though the search interpreted whatever I entered as Genesis 1:1, and it found it), but now it just brings me to the beginning of my module with nothing highlighted.

And FWIW, tech support basically said "Sorry that's happening, but it seems like it's a bug I can't reproduce so I can't report it".

• Like 1

I can't reproduce it either on any of my devices. Next time it occurs for someone, if you have specific steps and the specific platform it's occurring on, let me know. If I can ever get to a point where we can reproduce it, we can report it. 

For those of you who are here that are beta testers, it would be interesting to see if it occurs in the beta. If so, you could post something in the beta forums about it.

• Like 1

Just saw @Sam Freney's post with the video. What version of Accordance and what OS version?

• Like 1

14.0.8, Sonoma 14.0, M1 Mac mini. Does not occur with same setup on an Intel MacBook.

• Like 2

Do you have the workspace saved that's in your video? If so, post it here or email it to me. I want to try it in a workspace from your machine as well as in fresh workspaces ion my machine and see if there's a difference.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll try this tomorrow.

• Like 1

I still can't reproduce this, but I'm on a M2 Mac.

Can anyone else here that's having the issue report back the processor you're seeing it on?

• Like 1

Same here. I can't reproduce this; my setup is Acc 14.08 on Mac Studio M2 with Sonoma.

• Like 1