Website Corrections

Sean Nelson

We hope to keep our site as clean and up to date as possible, but we know things can fall through the cracks. Our users have helpfully reported when they've found out of date information on pages, broken links, or other issues needing correction on the main Accordance website, but there's been several requests for a centralized thread to collect reports so that none get overlooked.

In this thread, please post any pages you find that are in need of updates or corrections. If you are wanting to report product pages that need updated screenshots, please do so in this thread.

• Like 2

This product page needs a minor update or correction:

Annotated Luther (5 Volumes) - Accordance (accordancebible.com)

Says "*Note: There are six volumes in this series. Volume 6, however, has not yet been published (as of the release of this product). When released in Accordance, it will be a paid upgrade from this product."

However, volume 6 was published by Fortress Press over 5 years ago, in November 2017

The Annotated Luther, Volume 6: The Interpretation of Scripture | Fortress Press

You could correct it by changing to something like: ...had not been published when this module was released. 

I hope there are still plans to add this volume to the Annotated Luther.

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

The atlas comparison page, under The Virtual Bible, has a link to a YouTube video. When I follow the link, I get this message: “If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.”

• Like 1

While you are looking at the atlas comparison page, bringing this over so the info is in one place. 

• Like 1

In the Store/shop section, when the "Jewish" filter is selected (under the Traditions section), lots of the resources that appear are decidedly not Jewish. A few examples:  In the Footsteps of the MasterUpgrade to Anchor NT (27) from Anchor NT (26),  The Anchor Bible Commentaries: New Testament.  There are lots of other examples.  

The whole traditions filter system is suspect. There are two anglican resources and two early church resources according to the side bar. This is one reason why i am not a fan of accordance offering denominational packages!

🤔

i would also like to see some sort of logical ordering options once filtered, items alphabetised, price low to high, high to low. They seem very random at the moment. 

i also liked the old way of filtering by commentaries, study bibles, graphic resources into atlas and image rich etc. the current 52 options seem a bit random and need refining with some ordering and structuring.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

I havent seen fabian on the forum for some time but this was another of his bug bears

• Like 1

I’ve seen Fabian recently like some stuff on here recently, so he might be making a return.

• 1 month later...

Please consider my dilemma too!

I do own the GNT28-T, it's in my account by which I was logged in, but ONLY IN A BUNDLE, not as a separate purchase.

Now, I can't get the discounted upgrades to the NA 28 with apparatus NOR to the UBS 5 with apparatus, because it does not see the GNT-28-T in my account.

I used the supposed "live" chat which is never live in Australian time, and have not received a response yet. 

Could you please fix this issue? Thanks.

You will need to contact the sales department and they will create the order for you. You can access it on your own time in your account on our website: accordancebible.com where you can either view the order, cancel it or complete it. It will be under the 'Orders' tab in your account.

You can contact them at: orders@accordancebible.com

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

They kindly helped me with my order, thanks.

But when I paid it today it also emptied my cart! I had to re-add everything I wanted to buy to the cart. 

Maybe a bug you would like to check out and fix?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but I found a broken link in the Accordance 14 help, at the following address:

https://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/14-macOS/index.htm#t=mac_14%2Fcontent%2Ftopics%2F05_dd%2Fimporting_bibles.htm

At the bottom, under Related Tasks, the link "Preparing the Text" is broken.

I tried to get to that page another way, and found that link broken too. From the above page, I followed the "Import Your Bible" link. At the top, it says, "Before importing a Bible, make sure the file has been prepared as detailed in this Help." That link is broken too.

Addendum: I found the corresponding page in the Accordance 13 help, and I must say it's far faster. While I have to wait for the various levels of contents to load as I drill down to what I want in the Accordance 14 help, with the Accordance 13 help, navigation is instantaneous.

Edited by jlm
Added some words about speed

The product page for Basic Theology (Ryrie) links to this blog post: https://www.accordancebible.com/Ryrie-Basic-Theology/ On the page is a screenshot with an invitation to Click/tap it for a larger view. Doing so gives a 404 error. Tapping the image of the book also gives a 404 error.

Addendum:

Broken links for screenshots in blog post are very common for posts migrated from the old site.

The blog post also contains two links ("Prolegomena" and "December 1987 issue") that are apparently supposed to link to content in Accordance, but are malformed, and so try to open a website on the inexistent domain "read".

Edited by jlm
Added two other broken links.

As you are currently giving away 13 this month, should the home screen be updated to replace the 90 day trial offer? Or are you doing a 30 day trial with 14 in which case update image to 14. 

;o) 

799B9E9D-586E-479E-9C81-FE29289CA571.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

• 2 weeks later...

Greek study group.

its free according to the news letter but its still showing as $39.90 when i clicked on the link.

more worrying is that its listed as being in the greek hebrew learner set and when i click on that i get the correct web page showing that i already own them, which i think i should have got when i went to the greek study group page. 

FF8C1EA2-3F46-4368-9AA1-6F06E4563646.jpeg

D2A442CF-3974-4CFF-8C2D-EC69F51BF489.jpeg

• Like 1

Price is fixed on the study group page. You are correct that you should have the study group already in the learner package. I'll look into why it's not showing up as owned for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Nelson said:

Price is fixed on the study group page. You are correct that you should have the study group already in the learner package. I'll look into why it's not showing up as owned for you.

Just as a data point--not as a complaint--I saw the same/similar thing as UKFraser: I have all the items already, but it was still showing a price [that is now fixed], and not marked as "owned" up top.  The list of individual modules at the bottom of the page ("Included modules") does indicate that I own everything.  

• 5 months later...

there is some filtering in the store and navigation that needs sorting

Under pillar

click on also available in individual volumes

you get a page with the set upgrades

click on next to see the next page, you get nicot series totally skipping the individual volumes which i would hav3 assumed to see initially and not the set upgrades as they are given as an option on the pillar page. 

DE61F4CA-D652-466B-A292-B78A59461B81.jpeg