Accordance slowing down the system?

Lawrence

Version: Accordance 14.0.3, running on Windows 11.

When I open Accordance, typing anywhere (e.g. in this Forum) slows significantly. Typing in Accordance (e.g. search bar) feels about twice as fast as typing into a browser text box, but  even inside Accordance, it's still visibly laggy.

1. Accordance open: laggy when typing.

2. Quit Accordance: lag disappears (system can keep up with my typing speed).

3. Reopen Accordance: lags again.

4. Quit Accordance again: lag disappears again.

Edited by Lawrence
  • Like 1

Interesting because, a couple of days ago, and for the first time I can remember, 13.3.4 on Windows 10 pegged one of my logical CPUs (as shown in Task Manager) while I wasn't doing anything particularly exciting. After quitting Accordance normally (i.e., I didn't have to End Task) and restarting, the CPU usage returned to normal.

My point in bringing that up (because it sounds like an intermittent problem, whereas yours is repeatable) is that I thought the next time it happened, creating and uploading a dump file for the developers to look at might be useful. It would at least let them see if there's any threads running unexpected code or code in a tight loop that could be sucking up CPU resources. Just a thought ...

• Like 2

Update me on this on Monday, and I’ll reach out to Tech Support and see what resolution we can get for you.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:19 AM, Nathan Parker said:

Update me on this on Monday, and I’ll reach out to Tech Support and see what resolution we can get for you.

It's Monday in Australia, but possibly still Sunday at Accordance HQ. The problem is still repeatable.

I have another PC I can use that doesn't seem to have this problem.

Unfortunately, the PC the problem shows up in is a work PC, so I won't be posting a dump file, but I'm happy to correspond if that would help the programmers trace and fix an Accordance bug.

• Like 1

Thanks for the followup. It’s still Sunday US time, but I can followup again on Monday US time. I can call Australian landlines for free with my cell phone, so once I put you in touch with Tech Support, if they need someone to call you, I can if need be.

• Like 1

I contacted tech support. The cause is unknown, but the problem was resolved by doing a safe-mode startup.

• Like 2

Thanks! I’m going to try to draft up some support FAQ’s and post them to the site this week if I can get an extra free minute to do so.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! I’m going to try to draft up some support FAQ’s and post them to the site this week if I can get an extra free minute to do so.

Thanks. Meanwhile, this feels like it covers a lot of the problems:

1. Quit Accordance.
2. Backup everything.

3. Check for and install any pending OS updates.

4. Reboot.

5. Restart in Safe Mode - Pick "Remove startup session" and "Disable Automatic Updates".

6. If this doesn't work, post it on the forum and wait for the next application update.

(#6 is slightly tongue-in-cheek. :P)

• Like 1