How to find 'word count' to see how many times a Greek or Hebrew word occurs in the Bible

David Sparkowich

I assume Accordance must have a 'word count' feature as most of the 'free' bible softwares on line have this readily available. I was hoping there was a way of the 'word count' for any particular word I am mousing over, to show down in the instant details window. I would appreciate your help.

• Like 1

I’m asking Linda about this one.

I don't think instant details has this information - it is found in the analysis 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Sparkowich said:

I assume Accordance must have a 'word count' feature as most of the 'free' bible softwares on line have this readily available. I was hoping there was a way of the 'word count' for any particular word I am mousing over, to show down in the instant details window. I would appreciate your help.

@David Sparkowich if you hold the command key (on Mac) while hovering over an English tagged text it will give you the word count. If you hold command down while whoever in an original language text it will give you the word count even for the inflected form. HTH.

• Like 3

Great info!

5 hours ago, darrylmy said:

@David Sparkowich if you hold the command key (on Mac) while hovering over an English tagged text it will give you the word count. If you hold command down while whoever in an original language text it will give you the word count even for the inflected form. HTH.

Thanks. I tried it out on UBS5 in Windows: ctrl + hover even includes the BDAG entry, together with counts for the lexeme and the inflected form.

• Like 3