No New Libraries?

Diatheke76

I’m either blind or I’m not seeing any new Accordance 14 libraries.  When will those debut?

Ps. Sorry, I posted in the wrong sub forum, so this is a replicate post.

• Like 1

Hi @Diatheke76,

Maybe I am the only one finding it unclear, but could you clarify what you mean by "libraries"? Do you mean resources for the library? Or do you mean collections? Or are you referring to something about the actual library in the Accordance program?

• Like 1

As I understand it unfortunately no. 

It seems like a poor choice in my opinion since it’s an easy way to increase revenues with upgrades. 

I think the libraries are going to end up being versionless.

• Like 2

Kristin,

When Accordance 13 came out, there were new libraries that you could purchase.  It’s a good way to add more resources for cheap. I have plenty, but I guess they’re doing things a little different this time.  It’s fine 👍😁👌

Dandennison,

It’s unfortunate that no new libraries were released for this update.  I hope the company is doing well.

👍😁👌

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Diatheke76 said:

I hope the company is doing well.

I hope so too! I ❤️ Accordance and literally use it 18 hours a day 7 days a week. If anything happens to it I would literally cry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diatheke76 said:

I hope the company is doing well.

There have been a couple of responses from people at Accordance regarding this recently, and it has always been that the company is doing good.

I really like Accordance as well and am thankful for the work that Silas and the rest of the team are doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somehow I think this is still a part of the shaky roll out of v14. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A. Smith said:

Somehow I think this is still a part of the shaky roll out of v14. 

I think so too. Part of the delay may be due to the fact that they're rethinking the collections, according to what Rick Mansfield said on the forum in the past. For Accordance 13, updating the collections was just a matter of adding and removing a few items to each, and going through the fairly complex calculation of what royalties they would have to pay based on the licensing agreement for each resource. Now they're presumably working out lots of new collections based mainly on particular interests that groups of users may have. Those might be things like Septuagint studies, Hebrew text criticism, patristics, counseling, systematic theology, teaching Greek, etc.

• Like 2

Also there was a opportunity to pre order 14 before its release which was a new departure from previous upgrades for them.

Im waiting to see what the new collections are as in the past i worked on my upgrade strategy around collections but with the exception of one or two specific modules which have been requested and i hope will be added at some time to the accordance library, im fairly well set now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kristin said:

@ukfraser, do you mean you did not do the Acc14 pre-order?

No, i pre ordered it but having seen all the issues people had with it and as im 99.9999999% on ipad, i havent bothered downloading it. I principally use the mbp for formatting the services i take but do all my preparation on the ipad putting notes into the notes app that comes with the ios as when i open my mbp, the notes are there so i can copy into my word template and then work on it before saving as a pdf and putting that back onto the ipad and reading it in forScore so i dont touch accordance on the mbp. 

for me, i used accordance on the mbp a lot at previous churches which have data projection so was including maps and other odds and ends in the pdf i projected. As the current church is paper based, the ipad is all i need and havent felt the need to upgrade yet. Perhaps january, or february...

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, Erhard said:

There have been a couple of responses from people at Accordance regarding this recently, and it has always been that the company is doing good.

I really like Accordance as well and am thankful for the work that Silas and the rest of the team are doing.

Yes, WORDsearch was doing well and so was BibleWorks. No company is really going to say if they’re truly doing well or just getting by.  Logos is doing well, but they have recently laid off a lot of people.  I guess we’ll never really know.

16 hours ago, Diatheke76 said:

Yes, WORDsearch was doing well and so was BibleWorks. No company is really going to say if they’re truly doing well or just getting by.  Logos is doing well, but they have recently laid off a lot of people.  I guess we’ll never really know.

Sometimes you wonder if the market will ever hit a saturation point where customers pretty much have all the resources they need and are not really looking for many more resources or features in the programs. I pretty much have all the resources that I want.

• 2 weeks later...

They haven’t been released yet from what I’ve seen on the website, and it could be due to the “premature" rollout of Accordance 14.

The overall collections are pretty complicated at the moment. It wouldn’t “surprise” me if Accordance didn’t simply carry over the Accordance 13 collections and simply upgrade the Accordance engine version to 14 in them, then overhaul the entire collection lineup in the future to a simpler set of collections. Maybe they need to get some user feedback from us on what we’d like to see in new collections.

So the advertisement on their homepage says last chance to save on collections before they get a price increase. I don't think they are going to increase the price without updating the collection 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teddy24 said:

So the advertisement on their homepage says last chance to save on collections before they get a price increase. I don't think they are going to increase the price without updating the collection 

good catch

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you want my 2 cents, I'd consider returning to the collection scheme circa 2010: Introductory, Standard, Premier. And if you wanted to upgrade from one package to the next you only had to pay the difference in price. IMO, the collections that started with v.11 or so were simply too complex for anyone to easily understand. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 11

We don’t have an ETA on new collections at the moment, except that we’re now including Accordance 14 with new Primary Collection purchases. Feedback like @Mark Allison has mentioned is valuable to us as we decide how we want to make changes to Primary Collections in the future, so keep giving us the feedback!

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

See my March 27 comments.