Set Bible version for cross references in Instant Details.

LylePhillips

Whenever I cursor over a cross reference in the Info Pane, the text always is displayed in the Instant Details using the Living Translation. How do I change the Bible version?

@clp698, click the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the Info Pane and select Set Info Pane Options... from the dropdown. In the dialog that is displayed, you can change the Text and Alternative Text options under the Hypertext group.

I did the gear option and saved the changes, but there are no changes. It defaults back to whatever it was set before.

image.png

Edited by clp698
This after making the change and saving.

The graphic above is the reflects the preference that I set for Instant details. The graphic below shows that the Instant Details preference reverts back to what it was before I made the change and saved the changes above.

Edited by clp698
Preference does not change.

2 minutes ago, clp698 said:

'

'The upper graphic is the preferences that I set and save. The bottom graphic shows that the preference reverbs back to the preference before the change. I can's seem to make the change and save it.

1640962972_Screenshot2022-12-16at1_05_25PM.png.c173a5513d4cb2482fc4aacf2f422090.png

@clp698, I tested this with Accordance 13.3.4 on Windows 10, and it's working as expected for me.

Are you by chance running Accordance 14? I know there was a similar problem with tool window hypertext setting changes not being recognized in 14.0.0 that apparently got fixed in 14.0.1 (see this thread).

51 minutes ago, clp698 said:

Yes

So I'll tag @Silas Marrs here just in case the Info Pane problem has the same root cause as the tool window problem fixed in 14.0.1. If that's the case, it may be some low-hanging fruit the dev team can hopefully fix soon.

• Like 1

I just upgraded to version 14.0.3 and still have the same problem. Cannot save changes to Info Pane Options.

Acc 14.0.3 Win 11

I can confirm that setting a new default for the Info Pane does not 'stick.'

Edited by mgvh

23 hours ago, mgvh said:

Acc 14.0.3 Win 11

I can confirm that setting a new default for the Info Pane does not 'stick.'

This remains a problem with version 14, but you should be able to save the changes by going through edit->preferences and making the changes there.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:27 AM, miketisdell said:

This remains a problem with version 14, but you should be able to save the changes by going through edit->preferences and making the changes there.

One would think so... but there is no option for setting the Info Pane in the Edit>Preferences. (Adjusting Tool Display does not affect the Info Pane)

Using the