Instant Details Translation Change

Ingo

How do I change the translation in Instant Details?

Preferences - Tool Display - Text is set for NKJV, Alternate Text: Schlachter 2000

But when I hover over a blue underlined text link (like in a commentary) Instant Details displays a different translation.

Thanks! Prob a simple fix . . . 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ingo

Hey @Ingo, those should be the right preferences to change. Are you possibly seeing the problem in a saved workspace? When changing those preferences, I see the following warning upon clicking OK in the Preferences dialog (on Windows):

change-hypertext-prefs.png.68546c02c2dda493217cc7ac27f3ea6a.png

So I'm wondering if the workspace in which you're seeing the wrong translation was saved prior to making the preference change and it's still retaining the previous value?

Thanks, Steven. I don't know anything about workspaces. I did upgrade to 14, but don't recall changing any workflow and setup. Just cannot get program to change from the "ALMEIDA" translation (apologies to anyone Portuguese speaking...) when I hover over blue underlined text links in a commentary or Study Bible.

I did open (create?) a new workspace, and same thing: Instant Details shows ALMEIDA, not the translations selected in Preferences · Tool Display.

Not the end of the world though. And staying with Accordance and 14! (Old die-hard Bibleworks user but trying to get used to a new pair of shoes! 😉

@Ingo, if the defaults for new tool windows aren't being picked up from the global preferences, you could try checking the local tool display settings. Click the gear icon in the upper left corner of the tool window in question and select Set Tool Display... Try changing the hypertext settings in that dialog. If that works, then it may indicate a bug in v14 when initializing new tool windows from the defaults set in the Preferences dialog.

I can change translations in that local Set Tool Display but "OK" is greyed out and Accordance doesn't keep the changes. But that is where ALMEIDA as translation re-appears, even after restart. That appears to be the precise location of a bug . . . I'll send it in but understand that tech support has other fish to fry right now. Thanks Steven! You got me in the right direction!

Ingo, are you able to change the preferred text in the Hypertext section of the Web & Text Browser settings of the Preferences tool?

—Joseph

Did you upgrade to v.14.0.1? I had this problem with the initial release (14.0.0) but it was resolved by upgrading to 14.0.1. Some others bugs remain, however.

• Like 1

Good observation Gordon. I never had the problem and I have ver 14.01 on macOS.

Ingo, are you experiencing the issue on both macOS and Windows (I see you list both in your platform information.)

—Joseph

Fixed! Updated to 14.0.2. and it retains translation changes from Set Tool Display for the individual resource now. Yeah! Other issues remain, but I'm functional.

- Customizing the Theme in Set Tool Display causes endless beachball in Mac

- I have a whole list of Content updates, but the Download [All] buttons remain greyed out (which was the case in 13 as well)

- seeing the beach ball much more frequently now; hardly ever in 13.

- Version 15, plz: toggle on/off Masoretic Accents in BHS

- I'm 99% on Mac, haven't tried performance on Windows PC yet.

- New Year's resolution: Watch all the Tutorials!

But thanks everyone! Up and running! And rooting for Team Accordance. Everybody hang in there!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ingo said:

- Version 15, plz: toggle on/off Masoretic Accents in BHS

+1

• Like 2