Crash when checking for content updates

John Fidel

From a Tech Support conversation: 

"The Content Update crashing has been identified as a bug and the programming team reports it has already been corrected in the next update for Accordance 14. It should be out soon, but we do not have an exact time yet."

On 12/9/2022 at 1:36 PM, Gordon Lyons said:

That happened with me on Windows 11. Try using 'Easy Install to get to updates. When I used 'Check for Contents updates' it crashed, but I was able to access updates via Easy Install. Don't know if it will work on MacOS, though. 

I have windows 10 ........had the same problem , but was able check via Easy Install and was succesfull

• Like 1

v14 has been very stable for me, but content updates crash for me as well.

6 minutes ago, Kurt O said:

v14 has been very stable for me, but content updates crash for me as well.

For me it is awful.

And I have 2 macs, One M1 for study and write, Other Macbook Pro for teaching.  In both crashes all the time, the colors was fixed only in light mode, in dark mode the highlights, font... al that does not work

1 hour ago, Solly said:

From a Tech Support conversation: 

"The Content Update crashing has been identified as a bug and the programming team reports it has already been corrected in the next update for Accordance 14. It should be out soon, but we do not have an exact time yet."

Hmm. I am experiencing this crash with Accordance 13.3.4 in MacOS and Accordance 3.3.1 in iOS. It is not restricted to Accordance 14!

We think this was a corruption in a server-side support file that was corrected late last night. This mainly affected Mac versions 13.x and 14.x when all modules were up-to-date and Accordance was trying to display the paid upgrades, etc. Very sorry for the troubles!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Mike Garrity said:

We think this was a corruption in a server-side support file that was corrected late last night. This mainly affected Mac versions 13.x and 14.x when all modules were up-to-date and Accordance was trying to display the paid upgrades, etc. Very sorry for the troubles!

Thanks for the update. Content update is no longer crashing. App update though isn't working. I get this. 

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.40.39 AM.png

• Like 1