v. 14 Compilation of Bugs

Paul Meiklejohn

Someone has asked if there was a single area that listed concerns and bugs for that those considering installing v.14 could look at... 

I thought this was a good idea.  It would be helpful if we could just keep to bug reporting rather than have debate around the issues, as other threads are doing that already: 

• General Settings are reverting text colour back to red

• Library folders have disappeared

• Like 1

There's a list of text and tool display issues (including the red text you note above) in the OP of this thread

I will have to go back to the previous version. I spent a lot of effort cleaning up my library menu and losing those folders is to high a cost for me.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, my experience thus far has been smooth, installing and using Acc 14 on my MB Air (M1, 2020), OS 11.7. I haven't played around with the colors, but searches, ID default text, etc., have given me no problems up to now. 

In terms of installation, I  renamed Acc13, which means I installed 14 without overwriting the preceding version.

Edited by Donald Cobb
  • Like 2

The temporary upgrade proved invaluable for testing my backups :)

• I learnt my restore tool didn't write everything I expected due to permissions, so I was able to revise my processes.
  • I also scripted out my Library Menu and can now do this on command and never be concerned with losing that menu hierarchy ever again.

I will remain on v13 for now, I have lot's on at work and don't have the energy to work through further concerns after work, where I prefer that time for Bible study instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benmurray3 said:

I have the research button in my tool bar. It no longer works. 

I was shocked by your comment so I tried researching from the toolbar and it crashes accordance if I research the word "Jesus". I then tried it again with other words and it Accordance crashes each time. Using Accordance 14.0.1.

Edited by Rick55

I do recall there being many 'bugs' when Accordance 13 was released. So I believe we can rest assured that this will be fixed.

How long were people asking for Accordance 14 to be released? I have been hearing this for over a year. So the company did what the customers wanted. It is not their fault if it was not 'ready' for release, due to all the requests they had been receiving for over the past year.

I think in this situation Oak Tree could not make the customers happy because A. If they didn't release Accordance 14, the customers would start complaining. and B. If they released it before full testing, the customers still are not happy.

The best thing we can do right now is report as many bugs as we can find and use Accordance 13 until the bugs are fixed.

Edited by Rick55

A bug I've noticed over the last few days in v. 14. In the analysis graph, when looking at a book (Romans, etc.), the chapter numbers are no longer visible. Thanks for putting them back!

• 2 weeks later...

Accordance 14 on my MacBook Pro (Accordance 14.0.2,  MacOS 12.6.0 "Monterey) takes a really long time to load a dialog box. For example, it took 17 seconds  to load: "There are no verses in the current range of the “KJV with Strong’s” text, which fit the current search entry." 

This is quite disruptive to one's concentration of course.

5 hours ago, KevinPaszalek said:

Accordance 14 on my MacBook Pro (Accordance 14.0.2,  MacOS 12.6.0 "Monterey) takes a really long time to load a dialog box. For example, it took 17 seconds  to load: "There are no verses in the current range of the “KJV with Strong’s” text, which fit the current search entry." 

This is quite disruptive to one's concentration of course.

I have the same problem.