"File Locked" when installing modules

Ronny Milliner

I have been trying to install version 14 and when I try to install the modules, I get messages for each book saying the file is locked and can't install.  This error occurs after the download is complete and after clicking on install.  I've tried several different modules and get the same error on all of them.  I've trying to install both on a Windows 10 computer and a Windows 11 computer and get the same error messages on both.  Any ideas what to try?

I ran into the same issue.   I have been surprised  at the issues in Accordance 14.  Was yours a fresh install or did you install over Accordance 13?  I ran into the problem with a fresh install so I went back an installed 13 and downloaded all my modules.  I then installed 14 and all of my modules were present.  

Edited by dmwebb6

On 11/22/2022 at 1:42 PM, Ronny Milliner said:

I have been trying to install version 14 and when I try to install the modules, I get messages for each book saying the file is locked and can't install.  This error occurs after the download is complete and after clicking on install.  I've tried several different modules and get the same error on all of them.  I've trying to install both on a Windows 10 computer and a Windows 11 computer and get the same error messages on both.  Any ideas what to try?

On 11/23/2022 at 2:32 PM, dmwebb6 said:

I ran into the same issue.   I have been surprised  at the issues in Accordance 14.  Was yours a fresh install or did you install over Accordance 13?  I ran into the problem with a fresh install so I went back an installed 13 and downloaded all my modules.  I then installed 14 and all of my modules were present.  

It was a fresh install.

Ron

Hi @Ronny Milliner,

There are currently a lot of bugs with v.14, which might be accounting for it. However, what you are describing sounds to me like there is an issue with your username and password, with your computer using one password for Accordance, and the website using another.

I would personally email support@accordancebible.com and they will be able to reset the password, which will hopefully resolve the issue, or provide another solution.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

• 2 weeks later...

I get locked file message with one module. It was a bundle and only part of it installed. I'm using the current Accordance version 14.0.2. They did not send a "order complete" email yet from late night purchase.

"Cannot complete an operation in the file C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Tools\Schaff's History.atool, since that file is locked."

@cim

I don't know whether it's a license-purchase issue or an app issue, but Accordance is scrambling to fix version 14 at the moment.

Version 14.0.2 a lot better than 14.0.0 and 14.0.1, but it still feels like a release candidate. There are reports of usability issues on single-device installations as well as problems with syncing across devices, particularly with tablets. 

If you need to use Accordance for anything serious before Christmas, consider using version 13 instead.

• Like 1

Removed 14.0.2 and reinstalled Accordance 13.4.2 and all new texts install and open. The application does crash but I can live with it.

• Like 1